PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has had a more impressive reign in the 2010s? LeBron James or Tom Brady?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who has had a more impressive reign in the 2010s? LeBron James or Tom Brady

• Brady

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • LeBron

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 straight AFC Championship games is way more impressive than 6 straight NBA finals only because the NFL is a one and done league. In the NBA you can slip up a few games and still advance, in the NFL slip up once and you're going home. Either way both Brady and James have been amazing.

You have to add the amount of rings both won too though. 3vs1. Pats fans seem so eager to bring up rings any other time lol.

Now it just sounds like you're arguing which sport is harder to play. Which was not the question.
That's because the sport you play will have an effect on your ability to win multiple championships. For instance, if the NFL played round series with home field advantage for the higher seed opposed to its current tournament set-up and neutral Super Bowl field, how more many championships do you think the Patriots would have?

I'm not discrediting LeBron because he's incredible, I just happen to think it should be easier for him to dominate because of the set-up of each sport. That's what makes Brady all the more impressive. There are so many more moving parts in the NFL than the NBA.

That's because the sport you play will have an effect on your ability to win multiple championships. For instance, if the NFL played round series with home field advantage for the higher seed opposed to its current tournament set-up and neutral Super Bowl field, how more many championships do you think the Patriots would have?

I'm not discrediting LeBron because he's incredible, I just happen to think it should be easier for him to dominate because of the set-up of each sport. That's what makes Brady all the more impressive. There are so many more moving parts in the NFL than the NBA.

Ok, but just because you may share the opinion that its easier to win an NBA championship than a superbowl *your opinion* that still doesn't change the fact that lebron has accomplished far more than brady in that time frame. So unless you're trying to say that winning a NBA championship and reaching the finals means so little & so much less than winning one SB, I just don't see how you can say what brady has done has been more impressive.

I could see if maybe the numbers were more close but its not. 2 more championships, far more appearances in the big dance, two more MVPs in the big dance. I see the argument you're trying to make I just think its a poor one. The only way I could see this argument making more sense is if, again, the gap was closer.. But its so far apart. Agree to disagree I guess.

You have to add the amount of rings both won too though. 3vs1. Pats fans seem so eager to bring up rings any other time lol.

Let's be real... I like LeBron, but it's waaaaaay harder to win a Super Bowl. So many variables lie beyond the control of the players and coaches, not to mention there's a smaller margin of error in single-elimination games. You have to give credit to the Pats for getting so close every year, and Brady carrying them there so many times

Let's be real... I like LeBron, but it's waaaaaay harder to win a Super Bowl. So many variables lie beyond the control of the players and coaches, not to mention there's a smaller margin of error in single-elimination games. You have to give credit to the Pats for getting so close every year, and Brady carrying them there so many times

I do, I was just making a point that if you're going to make excuses for lebron getting there you can do the same for the pats and brady. That was my only point. Excuses work both ways not only when you wanna use them.

Also, I'm not sure I agree *or disagree* its harder to win a SB. Let me put it this way, if my team is by far the more superior team I would rather play a 7 game series because its more likely we win. If my team is less superior Id rather play one game for a better chance at an upset. A 7 game series against two evenly matched teams is arguably harder than trying to win one game against an evenly matched team. I said, arguably.

In the NFL you have to win 3-4 games to win a championship. In the NBA you have to win 16. Not saying the NBA is harder I'm just making a case for it.

You can't compare the two. In the NBA, the most talented rosters are almost always in the NBA finals. Without the Dream Team in Miami and a stacked roster in Cleveland, James wouldn't have gotten to the finals.

I do, I was just making a point that if you're going to make excuses for lebron getting there you can do the same for the pats and brady. That was my only point. Excuses work both ways not only when you wanna use them.

Also, I'm not sure I agree *or disagree* its harder to win a SB. Let me put it this way, if my team is by far the more superior team I would rather play a 7 game series because its more likely we win. If my team is less superior Id rather play one game for a better chance at an upset. A 7 game series against two evenly matched teams is arguably harder than trying to win one game against an evenly matched team. I said, arguably.

In the NFL you have to win 3-4 games to win a championship. In the NBA you have to win 16. Not saying the NBA is harder I'm just making a case for it.
You're also conveniently ignoring NFL teams don't enjoy the opportunity go out and buy a championship roster far extending their salary position. The 2015/2016 NBA Salary Cap was $70 million. The Cavs paid (if Spotrac is to be believed) $107 million or effectively speaking, $37 million in luxury tax. Golden State paid $95 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes