PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has had a more impressive reign in the 2010s? LeBron James or Tom Brady?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who has had a more impressive reign in the 2010s? LeBron James or Tom Brady

• Brady

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • LeBron

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady had another title it might be debatable, but sadly, douche gets the nod. Basketball is a joke in terms of overall competitiveness (I'll save you the suspense, GS will rout CLE in the finals next season), but then again the NFL is skewed towards having a good quarterback.

Another thing, as much as I dislike him, LeBron and the Cavaliers rallying from down 3-1, winning two road games, and beating the 73-9 Warriors was incredible. That's the kind of championship win that puts him in contention for the greatest EVER in his sport.

this is too easy. one has 4 rings the other has one. case closed. this thread is dumb. don't we have plenty to talk about? this is an awful thread in the offseason never mind during the season.

LeBron has three rings - two with Miami Heat and one with Cleveland Cavaliers

Michael Jordan says, "Hi."

michael-jordan-shrug.jpg

As if anyone cares about basketball. :p

I'll take Faker as the most dominant sportsman of the last half a decade, if we're going to compare.

Lebron James has only played for two teams - the Cavs and the Heat.

LOL, yeah, I was thinking about that 2007 run with the Cavs. But that's not part of his 2010s streak of Finals appearances. So nvm

It's two entirely different sports. One game elimination system is significantly more difficult to go back-to-back Super Bowls in comparison to a 7-game series. I will also not rate LeBron as highly as other people do because he has an All-Star squad in a terrible Eastern Conference for so many years. Put LeBron's squad in the West and let's see how many consecutive finals he reaches.

With all that being said, both Brady and LeBron are all-time greats.

I voted LeBron James (for now) because while it might be easier for 1 player to dominate in basketball, basketball still asks you to do several things all at once (block, rebound, shoot, assist, steal) and LeBron has dominated all categories, LITERALLY

This past season, during the NBA Finals, LeBron averaged 29.7 points, 11.3 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 2.3 blocks and 2.6 steals in helping the Cavs become the first team to erase a 3-1 Finals deficit - and making him the first person in NBA history to lead all players on both teams, in those five statistical categories.

Brady's performance in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl 49 (particularly those two final scoring drives) comes close to matching LeBron's 2016 Finals performance. Also, I'd say TB12 has dominated his position in a way no else has. As much as you could expect from a QB, Tom Brady has carried his team to victoru.

Quarterback may be the hardest position to play in all of sports, so I might be inclined to give Brady the edge on that alone - not to mention the team dynamic and margin of error in football is more challenging.

I think Brady and LeBron each have at least 2 more years of dominant play. Like @PATSYLICIOUS said, we can make a more definitive judgement after that.
As much as I hate the guy, that bolded part of your post is downright dirty. And if its 2010 on then it's gotta be lebron.
Career? Brady without a doubt for me.

Lebron with out a shadow of a doubt... He has been to 6 straight NBA finals. Tom has not been to 6 straight super bowls. CASE CLOSED
Woah woah woah, slow down there. You can't straight up compare the sports that way. What LeBron has done is incredible and if he beats the Dubs again he is absolutely into the GOAT convo. But, the sports are so much different. It's a lot easier to have an upset in the NFL than it is the NBA due to not only the nature of the sport (a turnover in basketball is nowhere near as costly as it is the NFL) and 7 game series vs one and done. That only tells a fraction of the story saying Brady hasn't been to six straight. I'm going to tend to lean towards LeBron though, that Dubs series was one of the most incredible comebacks ever. I gotta tip my hat to him. But, it's close Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time and has been the best of this decade.

six straight NBA finals on three different teams too! That's unreal
Two actually (not to be nit picky or arrogant or idk whatever :D), 2008 and 2010 was won by Boston and 2009 by Orlando, LeBron won with Miami from 2010-2014 and Cleveland 2015-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back