PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has had a more impressive reign in the 2010s? LeBron James or Tom Brady?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who has had a more impressive reign in the 2010s? LeBron James or Tom Brady

• Brady

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • LeBron

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's true. I think we can say though that they both hit their career prime in the 2010s.

Though Brady did lead the league in passing yards in 2005, I'd argue that he didn't obtain his god-like status until 2007, when he began breaking NFL records (and proving he can throw the ball deep). That's when I think he entered the conversation of being an elite passer. His ascendancy was abruptly cut short by injury in 2008, and experienced a down year in 2009 while recovering from his torn ACL. The 2010 season helped to solidify the elite reputation he earned, with an unanimous MVP award, and a Super Bowl run the following year.

Of course we know James was an elite player from Day 1, but he took off like crazy in the late 2000s (winning back-to-back MVP awards) and went on a tear in the 2010s with a streak of consecutive finals appearances (and NBA championships finally added to his resume)

That's how I view the comparison - though I know it may sound arbitrary to some
Brady was awesome with the deep ball as far back as 2003, but he just did not throw it as often

Hahaha, James, and it's not close, you guys are the worst homers. Was even Brady the most dominant NFL player post 2010? It is very close with Rodgers and Manning. If you go by the calendar, Manning made 3 super bowls vs. Brady's 2, both won 1 MVP's, and Manning had that historic season, which yeah, ended with a Super Bowl loss, but so did Brady's 2011 campaign. It's close. Rodgers won 1 Super Bowl, but had 2 MVP's, and I'm pretty sure he outplayed both by QBR, though I could be wrong. Let's say you choose Brady, heck, there is an argument, but it's awfully close, whereas, in the NBA, nobody was close to James during that time span. This can only be a comparison on this forum.

I understand in basketball one star player makes a world of difference. However six straight NBA finals is unfathomable
If making it to the finals were the measure of greatness, then the Lakers would be the greatest dynasty in basketball.

But they're not.

Brady and it's not even close.. But then, I don't follow basketball.

Since its an apples to oranges comparison I will base my conclusion that James has had the better run on the fact that he would be a better NFL player than Brady would be an NBA player. In fact, James would probably be the greatest tight end to ever play professional football, while Brady wouldn't start on most high school hoops teams.

Since its an apples to oranges comparison I will base my conclusion that James has had the better run on the fact that he would be a better NFL player than Brady would be an NBA player. In fact, James would probably be the greatest tight end to ever play professional football, while Brady wouldn't start on most high school hoops teams.
...like this guy, right?
th

Hahaha, James, and it's not close, you guys are the worst homers. Was even Brady the most dominant NFL player post 2010? It is very close with Rodgers and Manning. If you go by the calendar, Manning made 3 super bowls vs. Brady's 2, both won 1 MVP's, and Manning had that historic season, which yeah, ended with a Super Bowl loss, but so did Brady's 2011 campaign. It's close. Rodgers won 1 Super Bowl, but had 2 MVP's, and I'm pretty sure he outplayed both by QBR, though I could be wrong. Let's say you choose Brady, heck, there is an argument, but it's awfully close, whereas, in the NBA, nobody was close to James during that time span. This can only be a comparison on this forum.
There's a sports broadcasting network a little south of here with a job opening for you.

Moreover, it's always tough to compare a league with a 16-game regular season and one-game elimination playoffs with a league that has 82 regular season games and a best-of-seven playoff schedule. The NBA is geared towards the superior team and James' teams have always been the superior one in the Eastern Conference since he joined Miami in 2010.

If you want to look at a comparison to what the Patriots are doing since 2011, I'd suggest going somewhere entirely else. Go take a look at the German football national team. They've made the semifinals in every major tournament since 2006 (World Cup 2006, 2010, 2014; Euro 2008, 2012, 2016) with two finals appearances (2008, 2014) and a title (2014).

Yeah, apples to oranges.

But I will lead a petition in Dallas to rename the LBJ Freeway.

Its clear the answer is lebron, but can't expect many here to leave their biased at the door.

Lebron, 6 straight finals appearances while winning 3 rings on two different teams & 3 Finals MVP's

Brady, two superbowl appearances, *never made the SB in consecutive years* & winning one, & one finals MVP.

All this thread does is confirm how many people are incapable of being unbiased even for a second lol.

Its clear the answer is lebron, but can't expect many here to leave their biased at the door.

Lebron, 6 straight finals appearances while winning 3 rings on two different teams & 3 Finals MVP's

Brady, two superbowl appearances, *never made the SB in consecutive years* & winning one, & one finals MVP.

All this thread does is confirm how many people are incapable of being unbiased even for a second lol.
I'm not taking anything away from LeBron as he's an incredible athlete but the Eastern Conference, for the better part of some time, has been an absolute joke. Then you've also got the condensed rosters of the NBA, not to mention the starting 5. If you're on a team with superior talent, you should win and win handily in the NBA. For the most part, the Heat and Cavs have had one of the more stacked rosters and appropriately performed.

As amazing as LeBron has been, it took a hobbled Curry, and a fully fit Kyrie Irving playing an outstanding NBA Finals series (let's not forget the championship winning shot he hit) to get Cleveland home. Does anyone seriously think the Pats don't beat the Giants with a fit Gronk?

I'll take dominance in the NFL, even if it mean less rings because the moving parts and game scarcity places far more importance on your weekly performance than the NBA.

You can't talk up championships and playoffs as the reason Brady is the GOAT in the NFL then ignore Lebron is 3-1 vs Brady since 2010 in Championships.

Championships matter, end of discussion.

You can't talk up championships and playoffs as the reason Brady is the GOAT in the NFL then ignore Lebron is 3-1 vs Brady since 2010 in Championships.

Championships matter, end of discussion.
You don't have the opportunity to pay a luxury tax and buy a championship roster in the NFL.

You don't have the opportunity to pay a luxury tax and buy a championship roster in the NFL.

So you do think Russell Wilson has been better than Lebron?

No because Russell Wilson isn't in the conversation for best player in the NFL let alone US sports.

But he's 1-1 like Brady since 2010 in the Super Bowl, so what are you basing it on if it's not championships? Regular season stats?

So Peyton Manning would be the best QB ever under your criteria?

Or has Brady just been more impressive cause you're a Pats fan and can't be objective?

I'm not taking anything away from LeBron as he's an incredible athlete but the Eastern Conference, for the better part of some time, has been an absolute joke. Then you've also got the condensed rosters of the NBA, not to mention the starting 5. If you're on a team with superior talent, you should win and win handily in the NBA. For the most part, the Heat and Cavs have had one of the more stacked rosters and appropriately performed.

As amazing as LeBron has been, it took a hobbled Curry, and a fully fit Kyrie Irving playing an outstanding NBA Finals series (let's not forget the championship winning shot he hit) to get Cleveland home. Does anyone seriously think the Pats don't beat the Giants with a fit Gronk?

I'll take dominance in the NFL, even if it mean less rings because the moving parts and game scarcity places far more importance on your weekly performance than the NBA.

How often every year have the patriots had superior rosters to 95 percent of the league? Are you really using that excuse? What about the year they made the SB in 2011. They beat a tebow led broncos team to get there. They also needed a botched field goal against the ravens to make the SB. Oh wow that's impressive! You see, excuses work both ways.

What about the year they won it all? Brady had one of the best tight ends to ever play the game and one of the best corners to ever play the game helping him along the way. You don't win championships without help that goes without saying but lebron was the leading anchor in every single championship he has won.

Even with the excuses you laid out, lebrons resume over the last 6 years is still more impressive than brady's and its not even close.

But he's 1-1 like Brady since 2010 in the Super Bowl, so what are you basing it on if it's not championships? Regular season stats?

So Peyton Manning would be the best QB ever under your criteria?

Or has Brady just been more impressive cause you're a Pats fan and can't be objective?
That's not what I said nor inferred so stop attempting to create a false premise to base your argument on.

How often every year have the patriots had superior rosters to 95 percent of the league? Are you really using that excuse? What about the year they made the SB in 2011. They beat a tebow led broncos team to get there. They also needed a botched field goal against the ravens to make the SB. Oh wow that's impressive! You see, excuses work both ways.

What about the year they won it all? Brady had one of the best tight ends to ever play the game and one of the best corners to ever play the game helping him along the way. You don't win championships without help that goes without saying but lebron was the leading anchor in every single championship he has won.

Even with the excuses you laid out, lebrons resume over the last 6 years is still more impressive than brady's and its not even close.
If you can't see the difference between a 53 man roster and 11 men on the field at any given time versus a minimum 13 man roster with 5 men on the court at any given time, and the importance placed on talent dispersion, that's your problem, not mine.

Brady needs to control 5 linemen, read a defense, and hit moving targets whereas LeBron can dribble from the back court to the front court and spot up an isolation jump shot. You tell me which is more difficult.

5 straight AFC Championship games is way more impressive than 6 straight NBA finals only because the NFL is a one and done league. In the NBA you can slip up a few games and still advance, in the NFL slip up once and you're going home. Either way both Brady and James have been amazing.

If you can't see the difference between a 53 man roster and 11 men on the field at any given time versus a minimum 13 man roster with 5 men on the court at any given time, and the importance placed on talent dispersion, that's your problem, not mine.

Brady needs to control 5 linemen, read a defense, and hit moving targets whereas LeBron can dribble from the back court to the front court and spot up an isolation jump shot. You tell me which is more difficult.

Now it just sounds like you're arguing which sport is harder to play. Which was not the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes