PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's with all the McDaniels hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no...I DID NOT start anything...YOU started with your pretzel logic argument...and you just said YOU posted facts and I had none...NOW you say.."awww gee, it's just my opinion"...AND you STILL have not said a dyam thing about THIS stat and its relative importance to the stats YOU posted...15-0...

So, what your saying is, this team at 15-0 is perfect and doesn't need any improvement at all?

Just wondering

Sorry, I did post my numbers in context, but not in that post.
Funny thing is, this is the First time I have said much about the offense. It's people like you and joker that keep my post count to 500 while you and I have been on the board the same time. I am not trying to start any fights or war of worlds, just looking at some numbers and trying to understand why they are passing more now than at the beginning of the season.

A little thing like the most points in history by doing what they are doing might have something to do with it, don't you think? It's what seems to be overlooked here, and not just by you.

As for your post count and the rest, you are complaining about a 15-0 team that had won the game by halftime. When you do something like that, you should expect to be called on it. You do realize it was 28-0 at the half, right?

A little thing like the most points in history by doing what they are doing might have something to do with it, don't you think? It's what seems to be overlooked here, and not just by you.

As for your post count and the rest, you are complaining about a 15-0 team that had won the game by halftime. When you do something like that, you should expect to be called on it. You do realize it was 28-0 at the half, right?

Yep, I watched the game. You realize they couldn't move the ball at all in the second half? They should have been able to score another 28 points in the second half. The win was great, what I have been saying is, they could play and call the game better. The could have easily run over them in the second half but didn't

The players on this offense could make any OC in the league look good.

This is very true....hard to lose a race with a top of the line Lamborghini......

Inconsistant.
Teams know wer are gonna throw everytime and they are adjusting. We need to mix it up more.

I remember when the pats were blowing people out and I recall Morris and maroney having a lot more carries to keep the opposing D honest.

I just don't feel we are not really fooling teams of late. Sure, we can outplay most teams on talent.

great post and I completely agree.....mix it up more....keep them guessing....you have the most HIGH POWERED offense in many years....mix it up.....and you will explode......I am still looking for the more frequent dump off to LoMo out of the backfield....I think he is getting underutilized in this area.....because where is he most confident/comfortable? With a little room between him and the defender(s).....where he can "turn on the jets".

Yep, I watched the game. You realize they couldn't move the ball at all in the second half? They should have been able to score another 28 points in the second half. The win was great, what I have been saying is, they could play and call the game better. The could have easily run over them in the second half but didn't

You're complaining about tactics in what was a meaningless game. It was won at the half. They had no TE's. They went 4 or 3 wide almost every play. Brady continually shot it to Moss after the game was already decided. They were obviously ****ing around and shooting for records.

Stop thinking tactics and start thinking strategy. There is NO good reason to open up the playbook this close to the playoffs in a meaningless game against an opponent that is incapable of coming back to beat you. With the win wrapped up, it was perfect time to just take some deep shots for records, keep the cards close to chest and run the clock out.

Maroney...150 + yards

"we need to mix it up more!!!!!"

Remember though Joke....this is against the doofins.....worst team in the NFL.......(Gawd I love saying that the doofins are the worst team in the NFL!!!!)

Not to take anything away from LoMo.....I am extremely happy for him.....I am glad to see him finally getting his props.....He is a class act for "biding" his time.....and waiting for his moment to shine.......The kid is an awesome talent!!!

I think it's that he gets credit for having a great season and gets talked about as a young genius coach when he can get away with a lot of stuff because of the talent on his offense and there isn't anything particularly good about his play calling. Same deal with Billick from his Viking days and Martz from his Rams days. He's probably good at working with the players, though.

You are dead on.......and remember.....Man-GINA...has been referred to as a genius as well.....and we all see how that is working out.......

You're complaining about tactics in what was a meaningless game. It was won at the half. They had no TE's. They went 4 or 3 wide almost every play. Brady continually shot it to Moss after the game was already decided. They were obviously ****ing around and shooting for records.

Stop thinking tactics and start thinking strategy. There is NO good reason to open up the playbook this close to the playoffs in a meaningless game against an opponent that is incapable of coming back to beat you. With the win wrapped up, it was perfect time to just take some deep shots for records, keep the cards close to chest and run the clock out.

I am fine with them doing that. But it doesn't explain the 50+ for two weeks and no runs. I am trying to look beyond this game and look at the past 5 games or so, when it "appears" that the offense has been struggling. To me, and evidently, only to me, the offense has been insconsistant with respect to the run game, frequency of use from week to week and in some games.

With the win wrapped up, it was perfect time to just take some deep shots for records, keep the cards close to chest and run the clock out.

That's a contradiction. Taking deep shots does not run the clock out.

Tom Brady, not Josh McDaniels.

Brady is the obvious point here......He makes Josh look good..(no offense).....Put Cade McNown (fore example)in here with Caldwell, and Gaffney (no offense again) and see how well the season goes for Josh......Luckily McDaniel is working with the greatest QB of all time......sure helps the resume'......

That's a contradiction. Taking deep shots does not run the clock out.

No, the dolphins were doing a decent enough job of it themselves. I didn't see the pats defense collapsing in the second half, so what does it matter?

Dude, i am not a pretzel logic fan. What is our run/pass breakdown the last 4 games?

Why go and insult me instead of bringing facts to your arguement. All I did was respond with facts, you responded with nothing.

what exactly is pretzel logic.....never heard that one before....thanx

BB could change the direction of the O, the gameplans and even play calls any time he wanted. He doesn't appear to do that, yet you often see him giving directions to the D from the sidelines and even going over to the bench to coach the D while the O is on the field. It appears he's given Josh nearly free reign with the O. I'd think that means BB is happy with the O and Josh, no?

15 - 0 ... so shut up about McDaniels. We rushed what, 22 times? Threw what, 35 or so? I don't understand your logic :X

and you are one of those rose colored glasses wearers that sees only "Hey we won again" instead of "Uh oh....we didn't score at all in the second half and Brady was forcing the ball to Moss the entire second half...and not checking down to see what else was open.....

Let me tell you.......The Jags are no Joke and will not "drop off" in the second half.....this is a team that is hungry......The Chargers are coming back strong.....and the third (yes third) team.....is Indy......and again, if we are playing a "half game" against these teams......doesn't matter what the regular season record is.....because it will be over.......McDaniels needs to mix it up more and get creative...pure and simple....

So "screwing around and coasting" are good habits to get going as we head into the playoffs and an angry atmosphere in New York? Your argument is a bit flawed........

No, the dolphins were doing a decent enough job of it themselves. I didn't see the pats defense collapsing in the second half, so what does it matter?

Taking deep shots either ends as an incompletion which stops the clock, the player catches it and goes out of bounds, which stops the clock, scores which stops the clock or stays in bounds and the clock would still run. Or there's a penalty which stops the clock. I can't think of anything else right now but's that's 4 out of 5 possibilities which stop the clock. So how does that keep the clock running?

This is just a thought, but maybe they didn't want to do what they could easily do and preferred instead in a blowout win to continue to try to do what they were struggling to do in the second half...duh.

You people want all blowouts with forty burgers. And even then you're not happy if the D gives up 14+. It's not about what you want. It's about what BB wants. And he wants to see this offense achieve it's full potential. So when they struggle, and the game is in hand, they keep working on what they are struggling with. :bricks:

They do this because that is what got them to 15-0 and the most TD's in a season and closing in on the most points, etc. The only reason to make adjustments to counter failure to execute at this juncture would be to show your playoff opponents what to expect if they somehow manage to take Moss and Welker out of the game in the playoffs. Instead now Bill is the one with tape to study on what we can do better to counter what this 3-4 D was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft