PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's with all the McDaniels hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So "screwing around and coasting" are good habits to get going as we head into the playoffs and an angry atmosphere in New York? Your argument is a bit flawed........

Who the hell are you quoting - yourself? You just don't get it. A win is a win, and this was an easy win. People like you who want them to win more convincingly than 28-7 are just silly. And you're the same nancy's who would complain that we were not being PC and pissing off the next opponent if we ran up the score.

Fact is, while this team can't be beat on the field, it simply can't please all it's critics. The great thing is they don't care to....

This is just a thought, but maybe they didn't want to do what they could easily do and preferred instead in a blowout win to continue to try to do what they were struggling to do in the second half...duh.

You people want all blowouts with forty burgers. And even then you're not happy if the D gives up 14+. It's not about what you want. It's about what BB wants. And he wants to see this offense achieve it's full potential. So when they struggle, and the game is in hand, they keep working on what they are struggling with. :bricks:

They do this because that is what got them to 15-0 and the most TD's in a season and closing in on the most points, etc. The only reason to make adjustments to counter failure to execute at this juncture would be to show your playoff opponents what to expect if they somehow manage to take Moss and Welker out of the game in the playoffs. Instead now Bill is the one with tape to study on what we can do better to counter what this 3-4 D was doing.

You're tying yourself into knots here. You're essentially saying that if the Pats offense was rolling in the second half that would be great, and if they struggled in the second half that was all part of a grand plan to work on what they're not doing well. If they fumbled three times would it be to work on their fumbling?

Stop trying so hard. The team is comprised of humans, and in the second half they didn't play particularly well. This was not part of BB's design. It happens. No big deal.

Oh Brother! What's so great about Josh McDaniels? Any clown can call an unbalanced offensive attack while Tom Brady takes a weekly beating!

Did I miss something? How did Brady get a beating? Do you expect him to not get touched on any play?

This crowd is harsh.... I mean we've seen at times BB coach the defense on the sidelines and let McDaniels have full reign of the offense.

Give the man some credit.... or at least don't hate on him.

Taking deep shots either ends as an incompletion which stops the clock, the player catches it and goes out of bounds, which stops the clock, scores which stops the clock or stays in bounds and the clock would still run. Or there's a penalty which stops the clock. I can't think of anything else right now but's that's 4 out of 5 possibilities which stop the clock. So how does that keep the clock running?

Nice straw man you've got there.

I don't recall any rapid dolphin scoring drives, do you? Every drive the dolphins had, but one, either went nowhere fast and gave the pats the ball back, or took a really long time to get nowhere, running down the clock.

So unless the dolphins suddenly found a way to rapidly put up points against the D, there's no reason that -- in a meaningless game -- the offense had to do anything after putting up 28 unanswered points in the first half.

Seriously, you people are ridiculous. The only 15-0 regular season team ever, with the highest scoring offense ever, with the best QB - WR combo ever, with a 28 - 0 lead at the end of the half and the D well in control of the opposing team, and you're *****ing that the QB wants to use the opportunity in an otherwise meaningless game to see if he and his future HoF WR can't pad their stats a bit? I think they've earned the right.

If that is a serious issue for you, please go pound sand. You embarrass the rest of us.

Nice straw man you've got there.

I don't recall any rapid dolphin scoring drives, do you? Every drive the dolphins had, but one, either went nowhere fast and gave the pats the ball back, or took a really long time to get nowhere, running down the clock.

What does whatever the Dolphins did have to do with what you said? I'll refresh your memory: "With the win wrapped up, it was perfect time to just take some deep shots for records, keep the cards close to chest and run the clock out."

You aren't running out the clock if your taking deep shots for records. You can try and back out of that all you want -:)

Sometimes I think he gets locked into doing a particular phase of the game and can't let go. For instance

In the second half of Sundays game it got to the point that Miami Knew we were going to throw the ball,and had adjusted to it. Instead of mixing his play calling up with runs,screens, draws he seemed to stubbernly stick to passing on almost ever down, like Mike Martz used to. If the opponent Knows what you're going to do and is succesfull at stpping it, its time to try something else. Afterall deception IS part of football.

What does whatever the Dolphins did have to do with what you said? I'll refresh your memory: "With the win wrapped up, it was perfect time to just take some deep shots for records, keep the cards close to chest and run the clock out."

You aren't running out the clock if your taking deep shots for records. You can try and back out of that all you want -:)

I'm not backing out of anything. The play clock doesn't magically stop counting down just because Brady starts going heavy on the deep throws.

And let's not have revisionist history here. I said "take some deep shots." It's not like Brady dropped back to throw deep 4 times in 45 seconds every possession, and it's not like the dolphins only held the ball for 45 seconds at a time.

Third Quarter Play-by-Play
Fourth Quarter Play-by-Play

Maroney and Faulk had action. There were also short passes (some made, some missed), a couple sacks, an interception, a fumble and a couple deep throws. So again, where is the contradiction here?

I'm not backing out of anything. The play clock doesn't magically stop counting down just because Brady starts going heavy on the deep throws.

I repeat. You said they were trying to take deep shots AND run out the clock. If you take deep shots, it doesn't help run out the clock.

yeah...they completely screwed themslves out of a promising season and have thrown away six years of success. Man, that happened so fast I almost didn't see it...thank God for the vigilant Patriot experts here at Patsfans.

yeah...they completely screwed themslves out of a promising season and have thrown away six years of success. Man, that happened so fast I almost didn't see it...thank God for the vigilant Patriot experts here at Patsfans.

What are you whining about now?

just trying to get on board with the rest of you

I repeat. You said they were trying to take deep shots AND run out the clock. If you take deep shots, it doesn't help run out the clock.

It also doesn't preclude it. This is the NFL, you do have 4 downs to work with.

You're tying yourself into knots here. You're essentially saying that if the Pats offense was rolling in the second half that would be great, and if they struggled in the second half that was all part of a grand plan to work on what they're not doing well. If they fumbled three times would it be to work on their fumbling?

Stop trying so hard. The team is comprised of humans, and in the second half they didn't play particularly well. This was not part of BB's design. It happens. No big deal.

No, you just don't comprehend what you read very well. Bill didn't want them to struggle, but once they did he was fine with the concept of continuing to try to execute their passing attack. He had no need to see them shift gears simply to attempt to look better to the armchair critics because they were up by 21 and as anyone who was actually watching will tell you it wasn't even that close.

Yeah, everyone here wishess they could be a real Patriots fan like you are.

I thought YOU were the real Patriot fan? I'm just trying to jump on board your bandwagon...you telling me there's no more room?

No, you just don't comprehend what you read very well. Bill didn't want them to struggle, but once they did he was fine with the concept of continuing to try to execute their passing attack. He had no need to see them shift gears simply to attempt to look better to the armchair critics because they were up by 21 and as anyone who was actually watching will tell you it wasn't even that close.

How do we really know what Bill wanted? -:) I'm not one of the jump off the bridge guys in game threads. But I see nothing wrong if some fans wanted to see the Patriots play better in the 2nd half. I also don't think that how the 2nd half was played means anything for how they'll play in future games.
In 2003 and 2004 the Patriots lost games towards the end of the year and it didn't carry over to the playoffs. I don't think whzat happens in 1 game carries over. I'd like to see them play well all the time. That's not being spoiled because I felt that way in 2-14 years -:)

I thought YOU were the real Patriot fan? I'm just trying to jump on board your bandwagon...you telling me there's no more room?

Yeah nice try. It doesn't work though. I never said a word about what a real fan was or wasn't.

Last edited:
you just implied that very thing by your snarky post suggesting that I was putting myself out there as a true Pats fan above everybody else. You make a horde of posts whining about the 2nd half and then you post "what are you whining about?". You try to beat this poor horse into a blood puddle and then claim..."oh, but I'm really enjoying the season"...if you were enjoying ANYTHING you wouldn't be here pontificating from on high about how disastrous everytthing is because the Patriots didn't score in the 2nd half of a game that was over midway through the 2nd quarter. You're getting aggravated because you want to continue unabated with this idiotic whining about the 2nd half and what it portends for the Patrioits, as far as YOU, the all knowing Patriot expert, sees it. And we both know you intend to continue this dog with a bone line of posts all week. I think your full of shyt. Sorry if that offends your fragile sensibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes