PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the deal with the Philly game postponement? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Philly-Viking game postponed......

Its not jsut snow. A lot of you ave being really short sighted. They are having 20 inches of snow. It is a blizzard up there. Its not just the fans lives either but the Players have to get to and from the game as well.

P*ssies! What is happening to football?

I'm really getting confused. They cancelled the game because of snow.............yet, they scheduled a SuperBowl in NY?

AAANNNDDDD ... they want to go to an 18 game season which will push the end of the regular season two weeks farther into winter.

Another example of the ****ification of our society

The Patriots have decided to stay tonight in Rochester rather than attempting to come home. For basically the same reasons the game in Philly was called.

I am waiting for the unamimous criticism of the Patriots and disdain for their "****ification" to start.... right?

You take trying to extend the season to 18 games, putting the probowl before the Superbowl, the bs fines being thrown all around the league for plays that didn't even draw a flag and now this????

This seals it for me. Goodell is a pathetic commisioner and the worst thing to happen to the game in my lifetime for sure.

The dude needs to be gone. He is killing the game.

Last edited:

I have no problem delaying the game because of snow until Monday.

But delaying it from Monday to Tuesday to not interfere with ESPN's game on Monday night is pathetic.

The Patriots have decided to stay tonight in Rochester rather than attempting to come home. For basically the same reasons the game in Philly was called.

I am waiting for the unamimous criticism of the Patriots and disdain for their "****ification" to start.... right?

Nice try..they have to fly, not drive.

The Patriots have decided to stay tonight in Rochester rather than attempting to come home

Have them call Nick Tahou's for a "garbage plate" or Sal's Birdland for wings........unforgettable.....

Last edited:
OT: What's the deal with the Philly game postponement?

So what are the rules about when games are postponed? And how could several of the games played in the northeast over the past few years not qualify? Is this a new "Vick" rule?

1) The NFL is worried about fans driving too and from the game in these types of conditions
2) This typ of weather would be harder on a defense trying to stop vick than vick himself so I don't know what thats all about.

So what are the rules about when games are postponed? And how could several of the games played in the northeast over the past few years not qualify? Is this a new "Vick" rule?

IMO when a game is scheduled in the very middle of a major blizzard and would put tens of thousands of people on the roads at a time when public safety officials have told all non-essential vehicles to stay off the roads, it's pretty reasonable to cancel.

Re: OT: What's the deal with the Philly game postponement?

Considering the city declared snow/weather emergencies, it's not just your typical winter storm.

I don't mind the NFL re-scheduling the game, but I'm totally against it being moved to Tuesday. Moving it from Sunday due to emergency weather conditions is one thing. Moving it to Tuesday so it doesn't inconvenience ESPN is unacceptable.

So what you are saying is, if only a couple of people were to die getting to or from the game, that would be OK with you? Do the words "state of emergency" mean anything to you?

Before I answer, which team would they be fans of?

One simple word...Gisselle

Considering the city declared snow/weather emergencies, it's not just your typical winter storm.

I don't mind the NFL re-scheduling the game, but I'm totally against it being moved to Tuesday. Moving it from Sunday due to emergency weather conditions is one thing. Moving it to Tuesday so it doesn't inconvenience ESPN is unacceptable.

I don't know if it's Tuesday because of ESPN or if the storm is supposed to continue onto Monday. If it's over ESPN and NBC then I totally agree, and I'd be really pissed if I were the Eagles. They are catching a tough break here.

I don't know if it's Tuesday because of ESPN or if the storm is supposed to continue onto Monday. If it's over ESPN and NBC then I totally agree, and I'd be really pissed if I were the Eagles. They are catching a tough break here.

There's precedent for playing a pre-MNF Monday game, but they probably weren't confident the weather emergency would be over in time.

Before I answer, which team would they be fans of?

:rofl:

The storm warning is until 1 pm tomorrow, but the majority of the snowfall should be tonight. I'm sure the league will say it's for everyone's safety to push an extra day, but I'm a bit skeptical.

It has Nothing to do with the actual playing of the game, it has to do with public safety. They don't need 70K people driving around Philly while they're trying keep the streets clear.

Aren't there blizzards in Green Bay every year? Seems like the Eagles don't want to lose money on concessions and the Vikings and the NFL want to give Favre a couple extra days to wake up. This is the state of the NFL today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe