PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick can follow Brady's lead

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
1. Go to a team that is already stacked with talent
- If the Eagles lose this weekend he takes the HC job in Philly
2. Win SB in first 2 years with stacked team
3. Reinforce your GOAT credentials by winning SB with 2 different teams, one in each conference

AND he beats Shula's record in middle of 2nd year.

Perfect symmetry with Brady

Philly, dallas, or buffalo would be very interesting situations if they have an early exit. Though buffalo would be pretty painful .

Dnd Warrior GIF by Dungeons & Dragons

Axe Grinding season is upon us it seems

Time to do the same thing the Brady haters did 4 years ago:

Anything less than a Super Bowl Championship for Belichick and he is a complete failure in his new spot.

3. Reinforce your GOAT credentials by winning SB with 2 different teams, one in each conference

No head coach in the SB era has ever won it with more than one team.

I hope he doesn’t for obvious reasons :)

Time to do the same thing the Brady haters did 4 years ago:

Anything less than a Super Bowl Championship for Belichick and he is a complete failure in his new spot.
I second this lol!

Winning a SB is not that easy. I think he will be considered successful if he wins a couple playoff games with the new team. Of course Brady was held to a higher standard by all.

Bill with talent has always been dangerous. And he should only go to a team that is talented, but can't get over the hump. He doesn't want to flame out with his last team being bad.

Dallas is the best job assuming Bill is willing to reduce the GM role which he just said he would.

Bill with talent has always been dangerous. And he should only go to a team that is talented, but can't get over the hump. He doesn't want to flame out with his last team being bad.

Dallas is the best job assuming Bill is willing to reduce the GM role which he just said he would.
the dallas job ain't exactly open now, is it?

the dallas job ain't exactly open now, is it?
If they have another embarrassing first round exit, Bill is going to be VERY enticing to Jerry. They have the talent, they have the appartus. They just need the right guy to make sure they don't fumble over themselves. It's a pretty perfect role for Bill. He gets to go there, doesn't have to care too much about being GM because it's almost all maintainment and luxury additions. He gets his best shot at competing for a few years, and he's old enough where he can part ways and retire like Brady did before they actually have to worry about team management.

I'm on board with this and have been since the word came down that BB was leaving. Another point of symmetry - just as winning with Tampa weakened the "system QB" narrative (must've been one hell of a system!), this would undercut the "can't win without Tom" babble. I'm beyond weary of both.

8c5hz6.gif

?

Because I hope the Pats win every Super Bowl every year lol.
Good luck with that (see below)! :haha:

For me, BB slaying some last few legacy dragons would be a nice bow on The Dynasty Era.

Patriots Trophy Case.jpg

Reactions: sb1
Looking at the openings (+ teams in the post-season who could make a HC change following a loss) one-by-one:

Bills - God, no please....we need McDermott in our lives.
Steelers - God, no please...
TItans - BB was born in Nashville, IIRC....(shrugs)...we would only see them once a year + the post-season if even that.
Raiders - Doubt he takes that job, but Davis could back up the Brinks truck...I mean at the end of the day...money is something...and Vegas is a fun town (shrugs).
Chargers - Best AFC job opening for BB, IMO. Two great defensive players, a QB, and some offensive pieces to work with.
Cowboys - I wouldn't like it, but at least it would be in the NFC and only get the Cowboys to their tying 6th Lombardi.
Eagles - I could get behind that...as long as we don't face them in a Superbowl....or maybe he'll bench a CB...hmmm
Commanders - New ownership....high draft pick. Not sure if BB wants to start over again or step into a "turnkey" type of team. But this is in the D.C. Metro area.
Falcons - Dome. Short flight from Maryland and Nantucket. Have offensive pieces, but need a QB.
Carolina - Can't see him working for Tepper and managing Bryce Young.
Buccaneers - A possibility if Bowles massively screws up....would be fun if he followed Brady's footsteps.
Seahawks - Why not? Would be crazy fun. But he wouldn't be able to work with Carroll in the FO?

I can see this happening. Philly makes the most sense for BB being in the Northeast.

Then he retires and his DC (initials SB) is hired to resurrect the down trodden NE Patriots.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back