PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Werder: Resentment towards Gronk in Pats Lockerroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean everyone but the guy, the surgeon who performed the procedure, and an independent world renowned orthopedist brought in to consult?

If he's healthy enough to practice at full speed and use his arm for blocking etc then he's healthy enough to play the game.

If they thought his arm was such a huge problem they would not be letting him practice at all because that would still pose a risk to the arm.

James Andrews is hardly independent either, he's cosey with Rosenhaus.

He's either getting some bad advice by holding out and showing the other 52 guys on the roster that he's in it for himself and not for the team OR he's got a huge mental block that's got him too scared to play, in which case someone needs to hit his arm in practice so he knows it's fine.

He is a VERY YOUNG GUY and could easily end his entire career. Until his DR clears him he should not play. When he does clear him he should play.

He shouldn't be practicing then either.

Now I doubt this for sure. But obviously we aren't gonna see any gronk spikes today. I just wonder what it is. He has had enough time for his back to be ready (jpp is playing). Is it his arm that he is worried about? I guess that would make him worried.

I guess, i'm confused that if he can take "hard hits" in practice according to the article, why cant he take hard hits on the field?

and whether the sources in the article are true or not, I'm surprised fans find the notion that some players could be irked when they see him practice full speed but not play as some sort of Ludicrous assumption.

Its human nature if you feel someone isnt pulling their weight you can get resentful towards that person. whether its rational or not

We can't. And the reason why we can't is because as of right now, the team needs gronk more than he needs the team. And that absolutely sucks to say. Gronk and his camp as all the leverage in this.

I disagree. We are in a tough spot if 1 player is bigger than the team.

I guess, i'm confused that if he can take "hard hits" in practice according to the article, why cant he take hard hits on the field?

and whether the sources in the article are true or not, I'm surprised fans find the notion that some players could be irked when they see him practice full speed but not play as some sort of Ludicrous assumption.

Its human nature if you feel someone isnt pulling their weight you can get resentful towards that person. whether its rational or not

First of all, Practice is nothing like a game. Second, they showed some recent short clips of him "blocking" at half-speed during practice and he clearly was protecting his left arm.

I still can't believe how many people are defending Gronk. To me Gronk has done two things wrong one he is scared to get back on the field (understandable given what he went through), 2 he seemingly has left the team in the dark as to when he will be ready costing roster spots and apparent disdain in the locker room (not understandable to me that both parties are not on the same page).

What's the team done wrong other than wanting him to play both now and when he broke his arm?

I am really confused why the Pats front office is taking way more heat than Gronk when Gronk is the one being yellow.

I disagree. We are in a tough spot if 1 player is bigger than the team.

He is not bigger than the team AND we are in a tough spot. So I'm calling 2 people wrong online at the same time. Achievement unlocked! :D

From what I've heard when you have plated in your arm, you're never going to feel 100% ever. So if its that big of a deal then ir him and take the plates out and let it heal naturally. If he doesn't want to play on it then just ir him.

Huge mistake signing him to that extension. They could have cut him before the year started and been out nothing. Noe they almost can't cut him. I guess they could cut him after this year and sign him to a minimal salary contract with incentives. At that point he probably retires.

Huge lesson for belichick. Don't sign players to extensions after two years. Hernandez and gronkowski total disaster.

Another lesson is not to reach for safeties in the second round but that's a different thread I guess.

You forgot the sarcasm smiley

I still can't believe how many people are defending Gronk. To me Gronk has done two things wrong one he is scared to get back on the field (understandable given what he went through), 2 he seemingly has left the team in the dark as to when he will be ready costing roster spots and apparent disdain in the locker room (not understandable to me that both parties are not on the same page).

What's the team done wrong other than wanting him to play both now and when he broke his arm?

I am really confused why the Pats front office is taking way more heat than Gronk when Gronk is the one being yellow.

Being "yellow"? Is this the Old West? The guy is probably one break on a compromised bone from never playing again. I'm sure you would not be so cavalier if your livelihood was on the line.

It would help Gronk's cause if Dr. Andrews or Gronk's camp explained their thinking.

I cannot imagine that bone healing progress can be "felt" at this point (unlike a muscle strain, etc.). So I don't see Gronk attempting to claim that the arm feels better this week relative to last week, but maybe he does feel that way.

Which means Dr. Andrews is simply playing it safe with time tables on how long he believes the arm may need to fully heal (for the bone to strengthen/grow). And this table should be known right now. I suppose there is a chance they are X-raying regularly and noting the bone growth/repair/thickness, and that is dictating Andrews' time table, but if that is the case, then they should explain that as well (vs. the relative silence).

I don't think one can rule out that Gronk is having trouble mentally returning to the field. It isn't uncommon, nor is there anything sinister about that, if that is the case. Obviously no one knows for sure, since there is so little guidance coming from Gronk's camp (other than..."nope, not yet, check with me next week")

I do think that once he gets back on the field on game days, he will beast out even more, now that he is being subtly questioned.

So you want him to play against medical advice to prove to you he isn't a giant vagina?
Further you want him to know months in advance when the doctors will seem him ready?

You should find a different topic to discuss. You can't be this wrong on many other things.

In a league that allows something like 13 Practices with contact all season how can u possibly equate practice to games

Cris Carter is so annoying....

He keeps taking little jabs at Gronk throughout the show.

If 2 of the last 3 times I played football I broke my same arm, I'd be nervous about getting back on the field also. This is the risk him and the team took by putting the plate in his arm last season. It didn't work out; we need to stop passing blame and realize it's on everyone involved. Gronk is more important to us in December and January than he is in October. Keep him out until after the bye.

And E!spn's story about the locker room is straight crap. If I want hard hitting sports news, I'm more likely to believe TMZ than I am E!spn.

a defeat to the Bengals in which New England scored the fewest points of the Tom Brady Era,

If an article gets a fact as easily verifiable as this one wrong - why should I believe anything else it has to say?

So you want him to play against medical advice to prove to you he isn't a giant vagina?
Further you want him to know months in advance when the doctors will seem him ready?

You should find a different topic to discuss. You can't be this wrong on many other things.

I don't want him to play against Drs wishes I chose to listen to the team Dr not the independent ones paid by Gronk himself.

Yes if he is going to use the independent Dr which is his right how ludicrous of me to think that they should have been in contact with the team to set some sort of timeline. To me this is the bigger problem of the two. Generally one of the most important questions one would ask a Dr "when can I go back to work" and if Jupiter and Andrews cant come with a timeline then at least let the team now not to expect Him soon that isn't that crazy to ask.

I don't want him to play against Drs wishes I chose to listen to the team Dr not the independent ones paid by Gronk himself.

Yes if he is going to use the independent Dr which is his right how ludicrous of me to think that they should have been in contact with the team to set some sort of timeline. To me this is the bigger problem of the two. Generally one of the most important questions one would ask a Dr "when can I go back to work" and if Jupiter and Andrews cant come with a timeline then at least let the team now not to expect Him soon that isn't that crazy to ask.

You're assuming there's no contact between the two parties, also it may be a situation that can take 2 weeks or 8 weeks, we just don't know, just because us fans don't know doesn't mean the team doesn't know what's going on.

Michael Giardi ‏@MikeGiardi 37m
I will reiterate what I reported prior to Cincy: I polled # of Pats players. None expressed anger at Gronk. Repeated this week. Same result

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 25m
(1 of 3) Robert Kraft to @ESPNNY radio on Gronk: "Our first concern is his health and safety and doing what's in his best interest long .

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 24m
(2 of 3) "... term. We're completely behind whatever his decision is. Obviously all of us would like him to come back as soon as possible...

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 23m
(3 of 3) " ... but we're not going to let our short term desire impede what's right for the long term." (hat-tip to teammate @FieldYates).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back