PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's check in with our friendly Steeler fans (Merged: Other Team Forums React (AB - Patriots))

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if they had any thoughts on All-Time Patriot Great WR Antonio Brown, since I think he might have had a short stint with them before coming to NE to solidify his legacy.

Steelerfury sounds like a good place to start.
smithessmokin said:
Mother****er.

Orangesteel said:
Unreal. This is a dumb ****ing league.

Orangesteel said:
How in the **** is this possible?

SteelerDayTrader said:
What a ****ing joke league and sport the NFL has become.

955876 said:
There are few times it sucks to be right but this is one of them. Told you guys all along this is what was going to go down and it took but a nano-second from the time he was an FA until it did.

Ya, he was going to the Texans... :lol:

I only wish one of you ****ies would have taken me up on the wager I offered up this morning.

Now watch him be a model ****ing citizen for the time being.

LakecrestSteeler said:
Where is the tweet link etc? Are you trolling?

Stairway 2 Seven said:
This is some WWF **** now. Will he play tomorrow night? Can Ryan Clark or polamalu make it out of retirement and clothesline the **** out of this *******

ironzabo said:
AB is ineligible to participate in Week 1 action ...that being said holy **** is this an absurd manipulation of epic proportion :shock:

**** sucker mutha ****a :evil:

Kodiak said:
It has to be the plan all along.

This is something that will have to be addressed in the CBA. Players who sign contracts and then force their way onto a preferred team has to be dealt with. NE ends up getting him on the cheap for NO PICKS!!!! Maybe there was tampering, but there's no way to ever know.

Should be some sort of exemption when a team cuts a guy for quitting that they still control rights. So if NE wanted to sign him, they'd have to give OAK picks to release the rights. And if the offer isn't good enough, you can reject the trade and let the dude rot.

Orangesteel said:
The players are now bending over the owners. Kind of refreshing to see, but this is a total ****ing ****show.

LakecrestSteeler said:
League can always void the trade. It has happened in the past for different circumstances.

If I were the Steelers and Raiders orgs. I’d put in an official protest. This is like a marriage of convenience to get citizenship...put him on ice and let the investigation begin.

RooneyTunes said:
He will be on the sidelines tomorrow night giving away all info

LakecrestSteeler said:
For the record I hope AB get’s paralyzed on his way to a chemo treatment for pancreatic cancer, when he hits head-on into Drew Rosenhaus!

And I might make this my signature....this is complete horseshit!!!!! If this trade doesn’t get voided...AB May need some secret service.

Stosh-67 said:
Please pee hot....

Poltargyst said:
I am so unbelievably pissed about this. I feel like we're cheated out of AB's services because he wanted to end up with the Patriots. The Steelers didn't do anything wrong here, but we're out AB and the Pats benefit as usual.

I've been angry with AB, but now I ****ing SportsHate him and my SportsHate of the Pats has spiked again. **** AB and that whole franchise. I hope even the master Bill Belichick can't control him and he destroys their season at the worst possible time.

steelmann58 said:
He not a loon he figured out to get to the best team possible. You can bet he will not be getting into Bellichik or Brady like he did with the steelers and raiders.

JaySteel72 said:
Well, this deflates the whole ****ing season for me. Here ya go Tommy, you ****, heres the best wr in the game....for nothing. What a nightmare. Him dancing and **** after scoring his 14 tds this year in that ****ty Pats uniform. This is NOT the NFL i grew up loving. This is a joke. A farce. The Pats areca superteam now. Its tirned into the Nba almost. Gordon, Edelman, Brown....come on.. Hell, they may go undefeated. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. Who really cares anymore.

SteelDrama said:
Tomorrow I expect to wake up to the news that Gronk has un-retired

Also looked at Steelernation. Seems like they're focusing more on conspiracy theories than rage fantasies about an injury to Brady.

Turd Ferguson Turd said:
Yep....just read on ESPN. Now you know some shady **** was going down.

Ironcitysteelers said:
Called it from the get go. It was a plan all along

Avoid_Lloyd said:
Disgusting, the NFL needs to do something about this ****, Brown and Rosenhaus schemed this whole thing up, wouldnt be suprised if Rosenhaus had been back channeling this with the cheats for the last few days and made sure they're set before Brown goes off the deep end in OAK.

Why do the cheats conveniently have that much cap space right now on the eve of the season??? its up to a 15 million deal, watch him be a model citizen there too.

The NFL needs to get Rosenhaus phone records, we all know they won't tho...

I didn't think I could hate the cheats and AB more, proved me wrong.

Frosty said:
Yeah, there was nothing fishy about this.

black and gold said:
No wonder their owner goes to some sleazy massage parlor just goes with how this organization is run. Totally class less for any team to pick up this turd, threaten a GM and all the other and he gets a position as other plyers get sacked

Tibs said:
Perfect match, most loathed player goes to most loathed team. We'll see his smug little ass on the sideline tomorrow. We'll see how well that punk does abiding by Belichik's ground rules, should be fun.

Hoot said:
No doubt in my mind this was planned from the start. Worked for one Running back. Worked for one OLB. Now it works for a WR. There will be no investigation. Raj is a ***** whose daddy is named Robert Kraft and the Steelers are now officially NE's training ground as well. Not sure I even care about the NFL if **** like this is condoned.

Texasfan said:
Sneaky underhand ****!

xjx said:
Pat's will lift the trophy again in February. Kraft and Goodell...at it again.

Steelworth said:
Spot on. This is some really shady underhanded ****.

Shane Falco said:
Seems to me the Steelers and the Raiders should get a roster tampering investigation started. Seems too convenient and quick

Avoid_Lloyd said:
You're right, this is a credibility issue for the league, Blount, Harrison, Brown....they're becoming like the damn NBA where the talent only wants to play in 4 cities
TDX27 said:
It's a prove it deal on the surface but we all still know shady **** went down to get this to happen. The league needs to investigate this but won't and really doesn't have the resources. I sure as **** hope he doesn't get a ring there. He is one player that certainly doesn't deserve it.
SteelerFan448 said:
If Brown is a model citizen in New England, you can guarantee this was 100% orchestrated.
stevielee said:
The NFL is now officially pro wrestling, a ****ing joke.
Turd Ferguson said:
Seems to me the Steelers and the Raiders should get a roster tampering investigation started. Seems too convenient and quick
Pfffffhttt.....you think the NFL will do anything against the Pats? This is WWE/WWF level stuff, you just can't make it up.
Vader said:
1 year deal worth $15M with a $9M signing bonus

Didn't the Pats offer us a 2nd and we turned them down?

Pats were always where he wanted to go, just needed a dupe team to go to first then get them to dump him, it worked
Yup. Steelers got played.
SteveA said:
He’ll be a target. Watch someone gonna lay this girlie out....

Not wishing it mods.....?PREDICTING IT
Avoid_Lloyd said:
1 year deal worth $15M with a $9M signing bonus

Didn't the Pats offer us a 2nd and we turned them down?

Pats were always where he wanted to go, just needed a dupe team to go to first then get them to dump him, it worked
Yup, why in the hell would you have $15 million in cap space the day before the season opener??? How many plsyers in the last 5 years have been available at this stage of the year who would command that type of contact? Spygate, inflategate, now douchegate
AggieSteel said:
this is just stupid and obviously orchestrated.. as if he didn't have the Blount/Harrison playbook laid out in front of him
stevielee said:
Normally would never wish this on anyone,( and I might be a little too pissed off and too many beers in right now) but I hope the Steelers rip Tom Brady's right arm off on Sunday night rendering Brown useless. Karma is a ***** and I hope it bites all these assholes in the ass
TDX27 said:
Didn't even think about the cap hit. How the hell do the Cheats have $15 million just sitting there.
Steelr4evr said:
More shady ****. All ****ing planned from the get go. If this **** rolls on without punishment then this league is a complete ****ing joke. This seals the deal.
6Rings said:
All he did was just fire up the entire Steeler team. They will be pissed any time they have to play against this clown now. We win tomorrow even if this had not happened..
TDX27 said:
Back to the cap space they mysteriously had. So, when Gronk "unretires" with a few games left in the season, are the Cheats on the hook for his entire cap hit or just the few games he comes back to be ready for a playoff/SB run? This could be how they made this happen with the cap space. No doubt now Gronk will be coming back.
Punxsutawney said:
I'm pissed off beyond belief, though I knew this would happen.

Brown played the Steelers and Raiders like a fiddle to ultimately get what he wanted all along.

Last edited:
Of course, the dimwitted coming up with all kinds of conspiracy theories. Makes for some hilarious reading.

A lot of hate on those messageboards and crazy accusations.

I had the steelerfury thread up when it had 5 pages. One AFK and 10-15 minutes later it had 38.

Our guy @robertweathers is getting some nice death threats by Chiefs fans.

Am I wrong in saying there isn't a lot of wishing injuries on guys here? I feel like nobody ever says that. These other forums say that ALL THE TIME.

I don't want to say we're better than them, but we're better than them.

They can conspiracy all they want, this is well within the rules. If the Raiders didn’t want him heading to the Pats, they didn’t have to release him. Sure it would have killed their cap but they had that option.

Everyone can blame Mayock. He's obviously in over his head. All they had to do was suspend AB and none of this happens. Instead they tell him 'hey we're taking your $30 Million back, see you on the field Monday!".

Did they think he wouldn't demand a release at that point? They still could have just suspended him and said 'suck it'.

Mayock is an amateur.

They can conspiracy all they want, this is well within the rules. If the Raiders didn’t want him heading to the Pats, they didn’t have to release him. Sure it would have killed their cap but they had that option.

The thing is, it wouldn't have killed their cap, they already took back all of his money lol.

A lot of hate on those messageboards and crazy accusations.

Delicious isn't it? Their tears just aren't enough we need more...

Eat-Liver.gif

This idiotic thread is why Patriots fans know they're smarter and better than you:

Am I wrong in saying there isn't a lot of wishing injuries on guys here? I feel like nobody ever says that. These other forums say that ALL THE TIME.

I don't want to say we're better than them, but we're better than them.
And this is not as bad, but it's also like these forums are incapable of posting more than like 6 words at a time. I commonly see full paragraphs here I'm pretty sure.

Any of the other 30 teams sign him within 2 hours and there would be nary a peep. Hate us cause they ain't us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes