PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early word for Week 7: Don't Hold Your Breath for GRONK @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really don't have enough information to make an informed judgement on the situation. People I talk to with medical backgrounds are perplexed by the whole thing and have trouble making sense of these reports. Therefore I'm certainly not in a situation to sift through the info we have and make a call.

All I care is that Gronk gets healthy for when it matters most. I like that this team is getting stronger through adversity. Who knows, maybe that will pay off in the critical moments down the stretch this year.

Until Gronk takes the field, just assume he's not playing. One of these Sundays, I'll turn on the pre-game show and I'll hear that he's been declared active. That will be a good day.

Trying to make any judgment beyond that is just nonsense. I don't blame Gronk for electing to use an independent physician, and part of using an independent physician is listening to the guy. The whole situation sucks, but with any luck he'll be back at some point.

We really don't have enough information to make an informed judgement on the situation. People I talk to with medical backgrounds are perplexed by the whole thing and have trouble making sense of these reports. Therefore I'm certainly not in a situation to sift through the info we have and make a call.

All I care is that Gronk gets healthy for when it matters most. I like that this team is getting stronger through adversity. Who knows, maybe that will pay off in the critical moments down the stretch this year.

+1

Some guys are fast healers, others aren't. His ankle injury from 2011 lingered into 2012. He had a hip injury that he was playing with for most of last year. Before he re-broke his arm in the playoff game, he was patty-caking with it when he was blocking. He's the only one who can make the call about his arm, and he needs to stay out until he doesn't have any doubts. I'm 100% OK with waiting for as long as it takes, even if it's next year.

Who is this Gronk? :)

Seriously though, anyone who is actually holding their breath until he returns needs to have plates and screws put in their head... At this point, you have to figure that his is NOT playing anytime soon. If he comes back at some point, great. Party time...

The only rational conclusion I can draw is that his arm and/or his back is still causing him discomfort and that discomfort is preventing his return to the field. Lingering discomfort would hardly be shocking news. A twice broken arm, after four surgeries, is likely going to be something you feel (even if just on rainy days) for the rest of your life and certainly for a year or two. Lumbar back problems are frequently chronic to some degree.

If this is the case, then Gronkowski ultimately has three options:

1) Wait to see if the discomfort improves.

2) Decide to accept the discomfort and play.

3) Decide not to accept the discomfort and not play (retire).

My guess is that we are currently waiting out #1. Day to day? Week to week? Month to Month? No way to know at this point.

I don't think Gronk plays this season, and if he does won't be effective, just another weapon.

That seems to be why even with Hooman doing good the Pats abandoned him second half to continue working the wideouts, they know these guys are key barring a nice trade.

Gronk has a career to think about. He had numerous injuries that are taking its toll on his body. Could he be a "tough guy" and a "good teammate" and go out there now and avoid criticism? Sure, but he has a family to feed. If he isn't able to prolong his career into his 30's his family will starve to death.

Seriously though, he's been through a lot of surgeries and wants to be extra cautious about going under the knife again. If guys like Mankins have a problem with that then so be it.

I don't think Gronk plays this season, and if he does won't be effective, just another weapon.

That seems to be why even with Hooman doing good the Pats abandoned him second half to continue working the wideouts, they know these guys are key barring a nice trade.

Why wouldn't he play this season??? The Team Dr. cleared him weeks ago.

Didn't Mankins play with a serious injury two years ago, Gronk looks like a ***** in comparison, Mankins is a greedy ******* but plays ball when we need him.

Gronk was our toughest guy physically on a team of finesse flashy players, but mentally Hernandez was the worst loss, dude is facing life and doesn't need parents to comment, but Gronk's arm...idk but this team can win without him.

Can I get any action on whether they put a plate in Randall Cobb's leg?

If Florio is getting accurate information, he reported this weekend that if Gronk misses the Jets' game, it would be the last game he missed. He said that Gronk would miss one more game at most.

They can survive the Jets' game without Gronk because the Jets' offense isn't any good. They won't get into a shoot out this weekend.

Latest from that hack Florio who has a direct pipeline to Team Gronk:

"As Tom Curran of CSN New England explained on Monday’s Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, the Pats have put out the word to quit talking about any injured players. As a result, it has been difficult if not impossible to get updates ..

"Curran also said that team security is trying to find out who has been talking about Gronkowski."

Patriots clamping down on leaks | ProFootballTalk

Unfortunately, they can't look at Florio's phone records and emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes