PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Werder: Resentment towards Gronk in Pats Lockerroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
felger and troy brown and co are stirring this **it further right now.

The good news is, the player who is also a doctor (how could it be otherwise?) says there's nothing wrong with his arm.

"Whatever is holding him back now isn't going to be healed in two weeks, because there's nothing wrong with the arm," said the source who was among those questioning the tight end's playing status.

They probably assume people don't read the whole article. How could there be doctors and players and coaches in the locker room leaking information all over the place. That's what we'd need to believe

Goebbels_02.jpg

"ALL OF GRONK'S TEAMMATES love him and support his decision to continue sitting out. The Pats front office loves Gronk and supports his decision to continue to sit out. Do not believe the lies being spread by Ed Werder and the national media. Everyone knows that Ed Werder is a dirty, lying, bolshevik hell-bent on destroying our holy regime. He shall be dealt with by our fearless leader, shortly. Carry on, friends. There is nothing to see here. I repeat, there is NOTHING to see here. On a related note, the war is going swimmingly and in the end we WILL WIN. Don't believe those scurrilous lies about the 6th army's surrender at Stalingrad. Werder made those up too."

Never go "full ******."

Lemme guess. You're not a doctor but you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
No, with that statement i don't think he visited a Holiday Inn Express. More like Motel 6

felger and troy brown and co are stirring this **it further right now.

Thanks for the warning but I avoid felger at all costs, ***** stirring is what he does all day everyday, it's a tiresome act and he should go back to Green bay.

Considering the amount of guaranteed money on his recent contract extension, I highly doubt his "livelihood" is on the line.

If his career ended today, he'd still have a huge amount of money due him from the Pats as well as a pretty strong name recognition for an analysis/promotional type role somewhere.

His 'livelihood' is playing in the NFL. He has about $2.8 million per year guaranteed ($16.5 million total). The fact any permanent injury leaves him with a fraction of the total contract (about 33%) does not change that fact. He is 24 years old. How long can a good TE survive in the NFL (Sharp, Gonzalez, etc.). Do the math - the career earning all he could earn, without a career shortened by injury, is his livelihood. The fact that he has some fraction of his possible earnings has zero to do with it.

Gronk did not just win the lottery after a career flipping burgers at minimum wage. There is a lot more money on the table if he returns to health than he currently has. His expected career and livelihood will not be as a motivational speaker, or doing endorsements which, after 1 great season, represent substantially reduced earnings if his career ends today. Robert Edwards had a great season with the Pats. How often do you see him in commercials these days?

fonzsharkjump-300x300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Werder: Resentment towards Gronk in Pats Lockerroom

per WCCP-FM, Walt Deptula NFL podcast:

That's it in a nutshell. Gronk doesn't trust the team docs and is waiting for this andrews dude to clear him. I think he should just get another checkup pronto. We gonna need him soon. He's paid to play not practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it in a nutshell. Gronk doesn't trust the team docs and is waiting for this andrews dude to clear him. I think he should just get another checkup pronto. We gonna need him soon. He's paid to play not practice.

Please stop quoting the Nazi-referencing JEST troll. :mad:

Please stop quoting the Nazi-referencing JEST troll. :mad:

Isn't there a Jets game on right now? Stupid question. That explains why he's here right now, given the alternative of actually watching the Jets game.

I can't fault Gronkowski for anything that he's doing. People questioning his heart or calling him a diva are so far off base it's ridiculous.

The guy heeded team advice last year and came back but it was obviously too early. The fact that he came back and played in the games he played despite having obvious issues shows just how much heart this guy has.

But now he's paying a price and there's a small risk to his longterm future so he's going to be cautious. I would to.

His early comeback last year has cost this team a lot.

How do you know ? You spoke to gronk ?
Just the nature of plates. They need to take those things out. Pats WO gronk equals mediocre.

If it was a question of discomfort I fully believe he would be out there, he played the 2011 super bowl on one leg and played the first half of last season with a back and hip issue and then played in obvious pain against Jacksonville at the end of the season last year. If Gronkowski is not on the field it's is because there is risk for further damage or a rebreak, suggesting otherwise is really unfair to a player who has proven to play through pain on multiple occasions over his first three NFL seasons.

He may be mistaking disvomfort for the bone not being healed. Its a very weird feeling.

Maybe some fans would have more respect for Gronk and his so called family team if he actually took care of his body during the off season. You would think that excessive alcohol consumption, and body slamming people while wearing a cast are not conducive to a speedy recovery from surgery.

Maybe some fans would have more respect for Gronk and his so called family team if he actually took care of his body during the off season. You would think that excessive alcohol consumption, and body slamming people while wearing a cast are not conducive to a speedy recovery from surgery.

You must be fun at parties.

I haven't weighed in on this.

First, being in practice is far different than being in a full speed game when the other team is trying to hit you as hard as they can in the area that you have an injury. Secondly Dr Andrews is a respected doctor and would not risk his reputation by not clearing Gronk if he thought Gronk was medically able to play in a real NFL game.

But those who want to jump on the media reports can listen to WEEI and Felger or read Borges. When Andrews clears Gronk to play - Gronk will play- I'm sure of it. All the rest is noise.

I can't fault Gronkowski for anything that he's doing. People questioning his heart or calling him a diva are so far off base it's ridiculous.

The guy heeded team advice last year and came back but it was obviously too early. The fact that he came back and played in the games he played despite having obvious issues shows just how much heart this guy has.

But now he's paying a price and there's a small risk to his longterm future so he's going to be cautious. I would to.

His early comeback last year has cost this team a lot.

Did he come back too early or was it just a freak injury? If he sat out a year and landed the same way, would he have had the same injury. People assume the Pats rushed him back too quickly, but there is no proof of that. Gronk may feel they did, but we do not know that.

From what I understand the MD has cleared Gronk to play full contact in practice where by all reports he has been a beast. While practice is typically not as intense, tackling in practice is still contact which could just as easily be an issue.

This sounds like a doc pronouncing someone half pregnant- either you are cleared to be tackled or you are not.

I don't get it...

I think the problem probably stems from the fact that it's an arm injury -- Gronk's mobility is there in practice, so he seems 100% recovered. But this was a bad, four-surgery arm issue and it needs to be 100% healed before he takes live hits. Practice "hits" are not like game hits where the other team is gunning for you. He's got to make sure he's healed enough to take hits on that arm before he goes out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents