PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: The Return of Patrick Pass, four cut: K. Smith, McClinton, Craig, Cuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WEEI.com: The Return of Patrick Pass

Why Southerland? He was just cut Wednesday after not being drafted. Cut in June. What performance in the NFL are you basing it on? Getting cut in June?

J D Sal

I am basing it on potential. Southerland MAY have some; Pass has none.

My point is, that there should have been other candidates for TC fodder at FB: those with more recent NFL experience than Pass, and those with more future potential than Pass.

By Opening Day, the Pats will prob. not have a traditional FB on the 53, anyway (to their detriment, IMHO). They'll carry at least 3 TEs, and Sammy Morris has served as a psuedo-FB in the past, though not yet here. The final 5: Taylor, Faulk, Morris, Glass, and The Firm. It wouldn't surprise at all if only 4 are kept, unfortunately (sorry, BenJarvis), at the expense of a 6th WR or - worse - "LB"s (snicker) Alexander and/or Ciurciu, or Jack-of-all-Suckitude Matty Slater.

Yes, I'm a douche, what can I say? I want to be like Mike.

I've never seen an egg roll here, come to think of it.

It is very interesting to see what Americans have done to "Chinese" food.

Chinese-Americans?

Hahaha yeah, it's pretty egregious. Went to China a few years back, and the food was definitely completely unlike anything I ever had in America. Which is partly a shame, since there was some great food over there, but OTOH not surprising. I don't think the average American could handle authentic szechuan, for example. It burned.

The original settlers in North America were from Chiner, crossing over the dry (then) Bering Strait. Sadly, in the great floods ending the Pleistocene, all the recipies for szechuan Mammoth and Mastodon were lost. Anthropologists have analyzed AmerIndian recipies for buffalo in an attempt to reconstruct the ancient food styles. Futile.

Last edited:

The original settlers in North America were from Chiner, crossing over the dry (then) Bering Strait. Sadly, in the great floods ending the Pleistocene, all the recipies for szechuan Mammoth and Mastodon were lost. Anthropologists have analyzed AmerIndian recipies for buffalo in an attempt to reconstruct the ancient food styles. Futile.

Hmm, I agree. Shallow and pedantic.

shallow and pedantic Video by Mike Rochburns - MySpace Video

Hahaha yeah, it's pretty egregious. Went to China a few years back, and the food was definitely completely unlike anything I ever had in America. Which is partly a shame, since there was some great food over there, but OTOH not surprising. I don't think the average American could handle authentic szechuan, for example. It burned.
So itw as quite hot...good...I wonder IF there are many Chinese resteraunts that have authentic like that?? BRING on the hot!!!!

I am basing it on potential. Southerland MAY have some; Pass has none..
Southerland MAY have a LOT of upside, BUT...it's hardly established as an NFL player. Pass HAS already done that. He can play fullback, running back or specials teams.. He has showed that, while that is a question mark as far as Southerland is concerned. If he can return to where he was a few years ago..he does have a shot and is certainly better to have in camp than an untested rookie.

So itw as quite hot...good...I wonder IF there are many Chinese resteraunts that have authentic like that?? BRING on the hot!!!!

Yeah, and that was an understatement. I have a pretty high tolerance for spicy stuff (I don't remember the last time I ate something here in the states that was too hot, and I routinely sample the hottest chili that I can find just to see if I'll get around to finding one that's actually hot), and I could barely handle szechuan restaurants in shanghai.

Last edited:

Yeah, and that was an understatement. I have a pretty high tolerance for spicy stuff (I don't remember the last time I ate something here in the states that was too hot, and I routinely sample the hottest chili that I can find just to see if I'll get around to finding one that's actually hot), and I could barely handle szechuan restaurants in shanghai.

The interesting thing about food in China is the huge variation from place to place. Some areas are extremely spicy, some extremely bland. Some place all meat, other all veggies. Some rice based, other noodles. I guess that suits a country with so much goegraphic diversity.

I think Shanghainese food is terrible.

My favorite is going to a "western" restaurant in a small town. They're "western" in that they may have forks, and that's about it.

If you ever visit the area..stop in when The East Coast Frill has one of their "Hotter than Hell" nights...and DO try the Pasta from Hell.....it's always fun

I wish him the best of luck in his efforts to make the team. I'm not one of those people who think that the many named man is particularly impressive, so Pass beating him out for the squad wouldn't cause me sleepless nights.

I'm with you. Pass has done much more for this team and has shown much more ability than BJGE did. The ironic thing about Pass is he was playing so great as the # 1 RB (due to others' injuries) before he blew out his hammie, AKA the strain heard around the world. BJGE seems like an OK 4th stringer but nothing more. His game against the Bills was very good and was shades of Mike Cloud against the Titans.

The Firm's much > Mike Cloud.

The Pass of whom you're all dreaming never returned after that Buffalo game in 2005, almost 4 years ago.

I hope BJGE at least gets cut long after Pass becomes a distant memory - again.

The Firm's much > Mike Cloud.

The Pass of whom you're all dreaming never returned after that Buffalo game in 2005, almost 4 years ago.

I hope BJGE at least gets cut long after Pass becomes a distant memory - again.

How so? Was BJGE even active for games at the end of the season?

How so? Was BJGE even active for games at the end of the season?

No, but some of that, imo, was so Jordan could audition for a job for this year.

4 TD's in four consecutive games. I think he's gonna put up a fight to make this team. If he doesn't, he'll be signed in no time. Just my WAY humble opinion ;)

No, but some of that, imo, was so Jordan could audition for a job for this year.

4 TD's in four consecutive games. I think he's gonna put up a fight to make this team. If he doesn't, he'll be signed in no time. Just my WAY humble opinion ;)

I hope he does and I wish him luck. I like the guy.

Mike Cloud had 5 TDs in 5 games in 2003 vs BJGE's 5 in 9 last year.

Cloud averaged 4.4 yard per attempt, BJGE 3.7.

I don't see how that, and that fact that BJGE was deactivated, makes BJGE much better than Cloud.

I hope he does and I wish him luck. I like the guy.

Mike Cloud had 5 TDs in 5 games in 2003 vs BJGE's 5 in 9 last year.

Cloud averaged 4.4 yard per attempt, BJGE 3.7.

I don't see how that, and that fact that BJGE was deactivated, makes BJGE much better than Cloud.

Look closely at what he did in the games and what BJGE did- other than the Titans game Cloud isn't as impressive in the stats especially when you consider that BJGE was a rookie thrown to the wolves while Cloud was a four year veteran and former starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back