PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need a Bill sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hilarious that mods made a decision to carve out a portion of a Patriots fan forum to discuss day-to-day with the Bucs in respect to those who wanted to discuss Brady's journey with a different team, and those same people are too busy *****ing about being persecuted to see that. Get over yourself.

I never considered that the Brady forum was made to make it easier to post about Brady and roster moves for the Bucs. That changes my thoughts on it entirely.

I thought it was just to appease the Belicheck fans especially when they started celebrating the fact that a separate forum was made.

Thank you for making such a great spot to talk all things Patriots Ian
Lol, I said as much at the time, yet another narrative apparently became a thing. Went looking for the thread I posted after doing it but the board search index apparently needs to be rebuilt again, so that’s running right now.

If every thread is hijacked next season about Belichick, then there will be a need for a Bill forum. Otherwise, there is no need.

Is a subsection of this forum going to be whining and moaning about BB coaching someone else the entirety of next season and beyond?

If so I agree, build a BB section.

I doubt it though, there were never BB zealots, just people who respected a job well done. He's not a player.

I don't really understand the people taking a victory lap over this. Obviously it's over and like everybody - just like with Tom - we just have to turn the page. There's clearly nothing anybody could do about it then, nor can anyone do anything now.

That being said, for those who doubt what guys like Tom and Bill mean in the NFL, we see it every January. A QB that isn't a pressure player can't make a play in a key moment, and we also see coaches do something stupid in critical moments as well that cost their teams.

It literally happens every year, and I guarantee we'll see it over these next few weeks. Somebody who people believed would have advanced will go home for one of these reasons.

We were lucky to have had both these guys together for 20yrs, and that's how you win six titles.

Obviously, Bill's departure closes the book on that part of things and we're on to the next chapter. But let's hope it works out better than it has for every other team that's gone through it. Given what we've seen, and unfortunately, if history is any indication, it's probably going to be a rough ride.

Rename the Brady sub-forun: "Belichick & Brady"

Obviously, Bill's departure closes the book on that part of things and we're on to the next chapter. But let's hope it works out better than it has for every other team that's gone through it. Given what we've seen, and unfortunately, if history is any indication, it's probably going to be a rough ride.
It's definitely hard for any team to find a QB good enough to win consistently and compete for a championship. However the NFL is structured to make it much easier to rebuild. These rosters turn over so many players every year. Look at the teams in the playoffs right now and where a lot of them were a few years ago or even last year. Almost entirely different rosters.

I’m glad Bill is out because I don’t think he would have grasped that they can rebuild the team by just making vanilla moves and going after obvious talent. They have the cash and draft position, and they have a few potential star players to build around with Gonzalez, Barmore, Onwenu, etc. They don’t need to overanalyze and play 4D chess and ultimately make bad contrarian moves with poor risk:reward that might have made sense for maintaining a championship level team.

I don't really understand the people taking a victory lap over this. Obviously it's over and like everybody - just like with Tom - we just have to turn the page. There's clearly nothing anybody could do about it then, nor can anyone do anything now.

That being said, for those who doubt what guys like Tom and Bill mean in the NFL, we see it every January. A QB that isn't a pressure player can't make a play in a key moment, and we also see coaches do something stupid in critical moments as well that cost their teams.

It literally happens every year, and I guarantee we'll see it over these next few weeks. Somebody who people believed would have advanced will go home for one of these reasons.

We were lucky to have had both these guys together for 20yrs, and that's how you win six titles.

Even though I'm a Kool Ade drinking Belichick zealot, I'm not interested in a sub forum. It would just be an opportunity for people to continue to criticize and vilify. I never liked the Brady forum. It was turned into a pro Brady, anti-Bill forum. We don't need that. Belichick fans will be able to appreciate his future in myriad ways. Let's have the Patriot forums go back to being about the team and less about personalities.

Hard to replace a legend.

Player or Coach.

One we've experienced, one we are now on the path to finding out.

Hope Robert & Jonathan are deliberate in their methodology and choose wisely.

I never considered that the Brady forum was made to make it easier to post about Brady and roster moves for the Bucs. That changes my thoughts on it entirely.

I thought it was just to appease the Belicheck fans especially when they started celebrating the fact that a separate forum was made.

Thank you for making such a great spot to talk all things Patriots Ian
Search thing appears to be done indexing. Here's my post from when I opened that forum:

I just opened a Tom Brady Forum for anyone who wants to discuss anything outside the thread for the sake of making some of the discussions a little easier to follow instead of one massive thread:

The Tom Brady Forum

This thread will obviously stay open and where it is, that won't change. I just wanted to give people some flexibility if anything comes up that you'd prefer a dedicated thread for. Since he's going to be part of the team's history forever and likely still has a few seasons left in him, I wanted to make it available for those who would like to have an area for that, so feel free to use it as you see fit. But again, it's just meant as an overflow for those who want it. We can also start another mega-thread at the end of this season and move the old one there, etc., that sort of thing. Whatever works best to make it easier for everyone.

So again, that was my intent when I opened it. ;)

Search thing appears to be done indexing. Here's my post from when I opened that forum:

So again, that was my intent when I opened it. ;)
This is disingenous at best. You know very well that there were dozens of posters constantly complaining about Brady on the main forum. They would go into the mega thread, the one they didn't want to see, and complain about it there. Instead of putting the thread on ignore, a simple click on the screen, they chose to disparage anything Brady and the posters that continued their support of the greatest player in Patriots history, and the No. 1 reason for the 6 SBs.

After you caved and created the sub-forum because of their constant complaints, some of them proceeded to go into the sub forum to troll the Brady threads and posters. Your mod, Ashley even went in there to troll. @Tunescribe used to go in there constantly to troll. He would then disparage the sub forum posters on the main forum with the backing of Ashley.

So please spare us this nonsense about why people are happy about Bill being fired, when the IBBWT team members created a toxic environment on your site, all while having your blessing.

As far as I'm concerned **** all those mfers. They were wrong about Brady. They were wrong about Mac. They were wrong about Bill. This is the best post-Brady Patriots day of my life.

This is disingenous at best. You know very well that there were dozens of posters constantly complaining about Brady on the main forum. They would go into the mega thread, the one they didn't want to see, and complain about it there. Instead of putting the thread on ignore, a simple click on the screen, they chose to disparage anything Brady and the posters that continued their support of the greatest player in Patriots history, and the No. 1 reason for the 6 SBs.

After you caved and created the sub-forum because of their constant complaints, some of them proceeded to go into the sub forum to troll the Brady threads and posters. Your mod, Ashley even went in there to troll. @Tunescribe used to go in there constantly to troll. He would then disparage the sub forum posters on the main forum with the backing of Ashley.

So please spare us this nonsense about why people are happy about Bill being fired, when the IBBWT team members created a toxic environment on your site, all while having your blessing.

As far as I'm concerned **** all those mfers. They were wrong about Brady. They were wrong about Mac. They were wrong about Bill. This is the best post-Brady Patriots day of my life.
Lol, you're a freaking snow flake. It's an internet forum ffs. How terrible that Big Bad Ashley and Tunescribe triggered you and your friends. Let's pull out that tiny violin too.

Lol, you're a freaking snow flake. It's an internet forum ffs. How terrible that Big Bad Ashley and Tunescribe triggered you and your friends. Let's pull out that tiny violin too.
I'm still here. Just pointing out how embarrassing it is for a Patriots forum to forbid the mention of their greatest player of all time on the main forum. It's hysterical really. Lol

This is disingenous at best. You know very well that there were dozens of posters constantly complaining about Brady on the main forum. They would go into the mega thread, the one they didn't want to see, and complain about it there.
Yeah, I don’t know what to tell you there. Why I did it is 100% why I did it. Posted my reasoning (I quoted it here) in that mega thread when I did it, because I also planned on keeping an eye on him but didn’t want Bucs news mixed in with the main board. I hate mega threads. They’re a pain to dig through to find relevant news, so that made more sense and was certainly easy enough.

Aside from that, I know what she did, and her stance (and others for that matter) and I disagreed with it, and it is what it is. I’m not going to waste time arguing about something I can’t change. But it absolutely had no bearing on my decision.

I'm still here. Just pointing out how embarrassing it is for a Patriots forum to forbid the mention of their greatest player of all time on the main forum. It's hysterical really. Lol
If you are going to call out Ian, then at the very least you should be honest about what was going on. the mentions? more like rants - they were oh so much more than mentions. they raged through nearly every thread on the board.

If you are going to call out Ian, then at the very least you should be honest about what was going on. the mentions? more like rants - they were oh so much more than mentions. they raged through nearly every thread on the board.
Sounds really dangerous

Is what it is. I didn't understand the Brady ire then and still don't get it now, nor did I ever think it would become a polarizing thing, or that we'd be arguing Bill vs Brady, for that matter. But that's the world we live in now for some odd reason. :rolleyes:

aww, your feewings still hurt that mean ian made you post in a *gasp* subforum?

you poor baby you
Yeah, let's not do that. All I asked was for Buccaneers news to stay in the Brady forum, the rules were pretty simple, albeit I know she went overboard at times. Again, not going to rehash it because it's over and done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3