PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need a Bill sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are literally not allowed to post an appreciation thread on the main forum for one of the five best athletes ever in American sports, for a team where he played almost 20 seasons.
Yeah, that's not a thing. I've reiterated more than once my reasoning behind the Brady forum - which was my call - had nothing to do with posts regarding Brady in the main forum. Had to do with giving people a place to discuss anything day-to-day with what Brady was doing in Tampa, or any other Buccaneers-related news, etc.

I didn't expect it to become a polarizing thing, yet that's the world we live in now and I'd be lying if I didn't say I found that to be a little irritating. But people seem to want to make that out to be more than it was.

We could have left it all in one megathread in the main forum, I decided to give people a spot to have more freedom to discuss whatever they wanted to about it. That's all it was.

I think - if it comes to that - we can start with a thread on Bill at some point and leave it at that. But we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to that point.

No, no, no! You're not allowed to root for Bill on his new team! He isn't a Patriot anymore. Us real fans only root for Patriots and ignore the 6 rings and hundreds of wins!
Yes. And please tear down the 6 banners that he earned.

We are moving on damn it. I can't stand it. Out with the old and in with the new.no reminders of the old regime.
inside-out.gif

/S

@Sicilian is pretty much right on the money here. Posts about Brady as he related to the Patriots were fine, but posts about Brady that were strictly Bucs-related were essentially off-topic, and there were so many that we needed to house them elsewhere.

We will view Belichick's move in a similar lens, though I don't think there's a high likelihood that posters here are going to be following every signing and move Bill makes in Atlanta or wherever with a hyper focus and making threads about it, so I don't believe a sub forum is needed. However, if I'm off-base and people are tracking his exploits elsewhere that closely then we would probably consider it. This is something @Ian has discussed internally with us a little bit already just in case Bill did leave as far as planning. Of course I defer to him for the official word.
LOL, @Ross12 reading my mind at the same time I was typing my post ;)

@Sicilian is pretty much right on the money here. Posts about Brady as he related to the Patriots were fine, but posts about Brady that were strictly Bucs-related were essentially off-topic, and there were so many that we needed to house them elsewhere.

We will view Belichick's move in a similar lens, though I don't think there's a high likelihood that posters here are going to be following every signing and move Bill makes in Atlanta or wherever with a hyper focus and making threads about it, so I don't believe a sub forum is needed. However, if I'm off-base and people are tracking his exploits elsewhere that closely then we would probably consider it. This is something @Ian has discussed internally with us a little bit already just in case Bill did leave as far as planning. Of course I defer to him for the official word.
Are we allowed to lecture anyone who supports Bill and hopes he has success even though he is no longer a Patriot?

Also - the "idea" to open up a forum for it was mine. No one whined, complained, etc. or influenced that decision. I was also fine with keeping an eye on how he was doing there because obviously the guy played here for 20+ years.

At the same time, I didn't want to have to sift through Buccaneers threads here, nor did I want to have to scroll through pages in a megathread for information. So it seemed easier to do that from an organizational standpoint.

Some people sort of overthought that like I had some ulterior motive. That absolutely wasn't the case.

Hope Bill goes to Atlanta gets a vet qb wins a SB and catches Shula when we rebuild.
I don't know how I'll feel until it happens. A lot depends on where he goes.
I seriously doubt that he wins another SB as a HC.
He already caught Shula in losses.

If he is doing very well or is back in the playoffs/ Super Bowl there will be.

Yeah, that's not a thing. I've reiterated more than once my reasoning behind the Brady forum - which was my call - had nothing to do with posts regarding Brady in the main forum. Had to do with giving people a place to discuss anything day-to-day with what Brady was doing in Tampa, or any other Buccaneers-related news, etc.

I didn't expect it to become a polarizing thing, yet that's the world we live in now and I'd be lying if I didn't say I found that to be a little irritating. But people seem to want to make that out to be more than it was.

We could have left it all in one megathread in the main forum, I decided to give people a spot to have more freedom to discuss whatever they wanted to about it. That's all it was.

I think - if it comes to that - we can start with a thread on Bill at some point and leave it at that. But we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to that point.
Please don't. You will just start another cycle of resentment that will take years to play out. Part of why Brady subjects are still raw is because people feel like they were not allowed to be pissed and discuss the merits of that decision and Brady was marginalized in this place.

Bill is the second most important Patriot ever (some would say most but I disagree lol) and there are a lot of people who worship the guy (some a bit too much lol) and so emotions will run high for a while. There is nothing wrong with that and even if the main forum becomes littered with his threads it is something he has earned.

And I am someone who was pissed at Bill and wanted him gone for a while now.

I don't think there's a high likelihood that posters here are going to be following every signing and move Bill makes in Atlanta or wherever
You couldn't be more wrong
I don't believe a sub forum is needed. However, if I'm off-base
Season 2 Nbc GIF by New Amsterdam

Hope Bill goes to Atlanta gets a vet qb wins a SB and catches Shula when we rebuild.
Being fired like this just might be what gets BBs blood pumping again.

I will never count him out. His methods still work.

You are literally not allowed to post an appreciation thread on the main forum for one of the five best athletes ever in American sports, for a team where he played almost 20 seasons.
You're delusional to think that was the problem. But you know what the problem is (PS: it's you).

That's not true. At all. If it was one appreciation thread, there never would have been a problem. The problem was there were multiple threads, per day, about moves the Bucs were making. This isn't a Tampa forum, and nor will it be an Atlanta forum if Bill goes there. If we get inundated with threads about what Bill is going to do with his first round pick, or for each free agent signing the Falcons make, I'd expect people to want that cleaned up here as well. Again, no one was persecuting you. You're not a martyr. The forum was a MESS. And it was made better by having a place for that discussion that wasn't the main board.
It's 100% guaranteed the IBBWT team will constantly whine about every step the Pats make moving forward. That will continue the Brady v. Bill nonsense. Now that Bill is no longer a Patriot, it only makes sense to relegate any thread of his to a separate forum. We support the team colors, not the individuals, especially when no longer part of the team.

It's 100% guaranteed the IBBWT team will constantly whine about every step the Pats make moving forward. That will continue the Brady v. Bill nonsense. Now that Bill is no longer a Patriot, it only makes sense to relegate any thread of his to a separate forum. We support the team colors, not the individuals, especially when no longer part of the team.
Bro.
deadpan bill murray GIF

Tampa fires Bowles hire Bill and we can start the Tampa Bill Belichicaneers thread.

Is Ian going to have a press conference on Youtube about this?

Prediction: IBBWT ball washers will criticize every move going forward, bring up what Bill would've done, followed by Brady vs. Bill arguments. You guys have your work cut out for you. Ice is right, preempt it and start the Bill sub-forum now. Upstutter, VrabidJr, Andy and the rest of the clowns can have a safe space to hang to criticize the Krafts.

Being fired like this just might be what gets BBs blood pumping again.

I will never count him out. His methods still work.
Bill's going on the blue pills?

Also - the "idea" to open up a forum for it was mine. No one whined, complained, etc. or influenced that decision. I was also fine with keeping an eye on how he was doing there because obviously the guy played here for 20+ years.

At the same time, I didn't want to have to sift through Buccaneers threads here, nor did I want to have to scroll through pages in a megathread for information. So it seemed easier to do that from an organizational standpoint.

Some people sort of overthought that like I had some ulterior motive. That absolutely wasn't the case.
I never considered that the Brady forum was made to make it easier to post about Brady and roster moves for the Bucs. That changes my thoughts on it entirely.

I thought it was just to appease the Belicheck fans especially when they started celebrating the fact that a separate forum was made.

Thank you for making such a great spot to talk all things Patriots Ian

Jerry Reinsdorf has six rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3