PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need a Bill sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ?

The Brady forum was necessary because there literally couldn't be a single discussion that didn't devolve into Brady vs. Belichick. It was annoying, and needed to be separated for the sake of forum clarity. I doubt that happens again with Bill, but if it does, I think a Bill sub forum is warranted. But this persecution complex that people had about the Brady forum is silly.

The Brady forum was necessary because there literally couldn't be a single discussion that didn't devolve into Brady vs. Belichick. It was annoying, and needed to be separated for the sake of forum clarity. I doubt that happens again with Bill, but if it does, I think a Bill sub forum is warranted. But this persecution complex that people had about the Brady forum is silly.
You are literally not allowed to post an appreciation thread on the main forum for one of the five best athletes ever in American sports, for a team where he played almost 20 seasons.

Last edited:
You are literally not allowed to post an appreciation thread on the main forum for one of the five best athletes ever in American sports, for a team where he played almost 20
seasons.

That's not true. At all. If it was one appreciation thread, there never would have been a problem. The problem was there were multiple threads, per day, about moves the Bucs were making. This isn't a Tampa forum, and nor will it be an Atlanta forum if Bill goes there. If we get inundated with threads about what Bill is going to do with his first round pick, or for each free agent signing the Falcons make, I'd expect people to want that cleaned up here as well. Again, no one was persecuting you. You're not a martyr. The forum was a MESS. And it was made better by having a place for that discussion that wasn't the main board.

Great idea!!!! I vote yes. "Bill is no longer a Patriot", "only current Patriots count", "let's not pollute the main forum with someone who is no longer a patriot", "I only care about current Patriots".

Once Brady forum is closed then we can talk about potentially having Bill threads in the main forum. Until then off to the bin with Bill threads.

In fact let's close all the Bill threads in the main forum and put them all in a sub forum. We have too many threads about a guy who is no longer a Patriot.

The Brady sub-forum is easily the most embarrassing thing in the history of this place and I can't even think of what number 2 is.

Obviously I am kidding and Bill belongs on this forum but goes to show how brain dead and down right hostile the whole Brady sub-forum idea was.

Rant over!

That's not true. At all. If it was one appreciation thread, there never would have been a problem. The problem was there were multiple threads, per day, about moves the Bucs were making. This isn't a Tampa forum, and nor will it be an Atlanta forum if Bill goes there. If we get inundated with threads about what Bill is going to do with his first round pick, or for each free agent signing the Falcons make, I'd expect people to want that cleaned up here as well. Again, no one was persecuting you. You're not a martyr. The forum was a MESS. And it was made better by having a place for that discussion that wasn't the main board.
There was only 1 thread that Tony or Patsboy12 started and everything about Tom was posted there but people couldn't handle it

There was only 1 thread that Tony or Patsboy12 started and everything about Tom was posted there but people couldn't handle it

Yeah, I think you're remembering that time incorrectly.

Iceman! Isn't it a bit premature?
  • They haven't had their press conference yet.
  • We have no idea what BB will do next, if indeed he does move on from the Patriots.
  • If he retires from coaching, there won't be a ton of threads every week about him, we really have no idea what's about to happen (I know he said he wants to coach, but that may have been targeted at Kraft more than the NFL).

There will be lots of BB threads for the next few weeks probably, and that's fine. We have no meaningful Patriots football so we get to stay entertained. Mods should be fine with this.

I echo what Ahmed said. Agree 100%. It is like the inmates are running the asylum and no thinking skills are used by management or members.

The minute he coaches somewhere else we need a sub forum and we need half the board to whine like children anytime his name is mentioned.

Yeah, I think you're remembering that time incorrectly.
Maybe I could barely remember what I put on last week so not saying you're wrong lol but I'm pretty sure there was one exclusive thread but that time was a wild one it was during the big Covid too

No. There was a giant Brady mega thread that people were sticking to overall at that point. The problem was that there were massive crybabies who through a complete fit seeing anything about Brady and would derail threads so they could **** their pants to make sure it was a problem so they could get their way. Then some of them still went to the Brady forum anyways to continue.

I actually enjoy the Brady forum and still go there now and then, though it's pretty quiet now that Brady is done.

Maybe I could barely remember what I put on last week so not saying you're wrong lol but I'm pretty sure there was one exclusive thread but that time was a wild one it was during the big Covid too

Ian could probably verify, but I'm not sure if I actually want him to bother, haha. I could be wrong too. It was a rough time for everyone, and emotions ran high. But I'm pretty sure he and the mods had to do a lot of moves and cleanup, but if he comes on and says, "Nope, it was just that one thread" I'll concede that I'm the one who got it wrong.

@Sicilian is pretty much right on the money here. Posts about Brady as he related to the Patriots were fine, but posts about Brady that were strictly Bucs-related were essentially off-topic, and there were so many that we needed to house them elsewhere.

We will view Belichick's move in a similar lens, though I don't think there's a high likelihood that posters here are going to be following every signing and move Bill makes in Atlanta or wherever with a hyper focus and making threads about it, so I don't believe a sub forum is needed. However, if I'm off-base and people are tracking his exploits elsewhere that closely then we would probably consider it. This is something @Ian has discussed internally with us a little bit already just in case Bill did leave as far as planning. Of course I defer to him for the official word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes