PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sent a txt to a guy I used to work with who went to High school with Revis.....he gave me his personal cell number. If it were you would you call and congratulate??

kinda creepy

Just sent a txt to a guy I used to work with who went to High school with Revis.....he gave me his personal cell number. If it were you would you call and congratulate??

Ask him if there is a no franchise-tag agreement!

If Revis plays like he did pre injury, he could be the best CB in the Patriots' history since Mike Haynes. Possibly even better than Haynes. Very few CBs track the ball like Revis and hopefully that will rub off on the other NE DBs.

Revis was/is a true shutdown CB. Half the field is off limits. The Pats havent had a CB like that since Haynes left.

Fixed it for you. :p

Think about this. Assuming Revis is healthy, just about every No. 1 receiver the Pats face next year is neutralized in man coverage.

LOVE the signing. True, not a multi-year, but damn. 1/2 the filed is basically off-limts for the next year. I'll take that with this up and coming D. Now, shore up the O with a little Eldelperson signing, and we'll be set headed into the draft.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go be alone for a few minutes. :eek: :cool:

Bittersweet!! I wanted to get his jersey if we signed him, but it's only a 1 year deal. I am still beyond happy right now!!

1116.gif

Think about this. Assuming Revis is healthy, just about every No. 1 receiver the Pats face next year is neutralized in man coverage.

And he isn't going to tap out of the AFC championship game with a bad hip/ hamstring/quad/bone bruise/whatever :rocker:

Happiest I've been about an offseason move since Moss. Maybe better.

According to Bedard's tweet earlier it is 120%. Therefore, $14.4 million.

Isn't 120% his franchise tag number for next season, not his cap hit this year?

Thrilled with the signing...

Wish it could have been multi-year, in order to lower this year's cap hit but, in the end, getting the player is more important than greasing the cap.

Now they need to get that Vince contract ironed out and make some of Miguel's other cap savings moves. Daddy still needs a WR and a couple more defenders.

OK, time to go revel in the wailings of the Jets fans.....

Why can't they also restructure Mankins' contract?

It feels like we're just renting him and that he's not ours completely. A multi year deal would have been nice and I would have gotten a jersey.

Not complaining though!

1 year, 10 years, either way he was going to be looking for more in 12 months anyway so screw it, just enjoy having a competent secondary for at least a year.. for a change.

We just need a Talib-killer such as Steve Smith....now wouldn't that be sweet?

And please, please get a safety in the draft like Calvin Pryor....

It feels like we're just renting him and that he's not ours completely. A multi year deal would have been nice and I would have gotten a jersey.

Not complaining though!
I agree, but some reports are saying they are working on something longer term so I am not resigned to the idea he is here only 1 year. Plus we can always franchise him (barring some under the table agreement that they won't do that)

Rah Rah has chimed in:

Revispalooza! **merged Revis** <<REVIS TO PATS>> /Nothing Official Yet/ - Page 76

So 28 years old is past his prime? He has had knee problems all last year? Talib was better (although he was injured and I am pretty sure Rah Rah said he sucked when he was still a Patriot)?

The Jets fans = A gift that keeps on giving.

Hilarious.

Revis problem wasn't his knee it was that he is arguably the best man cover corner in the game coming back from a knee injury thrust into a zone defense.

I remember countless times watching NFL talk shows and them talking about how Revis wasn't being used properly.

Does anyone ever wonder why Talib came from Tampa to NE and suddenly become one the best CB in the league? It's because he got to be a man corner.

From the NY Post, enjoy

With Revis move, Belichick breaks Gang Green nation’s heart again

The last thing the Jets wanted is the nightmare scenario that unfolded swiftly Wednesday night, the Great White Shark lurking off the free agent waters in New England, the bloodthirsty Bill Belichick himself, his unblinking, remorseless eyes set on sinking his jaws into Darrelle Revis. snip

It was Belichick himself who walked away from working for owner Woody Johnson 14 years ago, and his forever hatred of all things Jets wasn’t even the biggest reason why he stalked Revis now, only hours after Revis had been released by the Bucs. snip

As wise as Johnson and general manager John Idzik were not to pay Revis $16 million a year ago, as wise as they were to send him out of the conference a year ago, the best-laid plans backfire now that the Great White was successful in landing Revis.
It is every bit the equivalent of Curtis Martin bolting the Patriots for the Bill Parcells Jets.
This only could happen to the Jets. snip

Darrelle Revis is a New England Patriot.
Read it and weep, Jets Nation.
With Revis move, Belichick breaks Gang Green nation?s heart again | New York Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents