PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel traded to KC, compensation still unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vrabel traded to KC

I guess this really shows that football is a buisness. I'll miss him he was a class act.

Last edited:

my jaw is still a gape. vrabel was one of my all time favorite pats. im really sorry to see him go. im sure bb and co. know what they are doing. cant wait to see what they turn this into.

you have a point DB......but woods? crable? neither even is even close to the physical ability of thomas.......I can't' see the analogy there

I sincerely doubt that part of the master plan includes plugging one of these 2 as starter.........

I believe a replacement is already in the plans

Crable has a ton of athleticism, actually. He just needs to bulk up a bit and take some time to learn technique. The measurables are all there, though. He did run the fastest 40-yard dash of any LB in the combine last year.

I suspect either of the following.....

- either a deal with another team for another player is in the works (cassel for peppers)

- or there is an agreement between the pats and the chiefs to trade cassel for the #3 if curry is available

No, that second option makes little to no sense.

1. Cassel would have to have a contract agreement beforehand.

2. By waiting until draft day to trade him, you lose an entire free agency with about 18 million of unused money.

3. Your're screwed if Curry is taken one or two. No other team is going to say I'll trade with you if Curry isn't there. That's bad negotiations.

The Chiefs fans are having a cow about the Vrabel trade. Some insist that if they gave up anything above a 7th round pick that they got the worst end of the deal. Wow talk about overvaluing draft picks!! LOL. They should be glad to be getting the leadership qualities of Vrabel. Even if he is on the decline physically, he's well worth a 2nd day pick to a young Chiefs defense that is transitioning to the 3-4.

Chiefs vrabel a chief - ChiefsPlanet

I still don't know what we got in return for Vrabel, but I have no idea why they'd hate the idea of him coming there. Vrabel is a winner that will help their young team.

I came into the thread real late. So i don't know if this has been said do you want some Peppers with this trade? Or the best outside LB in the draft?

Last edited:

Many would like to see this announcement on Monday morning:

The patriots trade the #3 pick in the draft, which they obtained this weekend, for Julius Peppers who is expected to sign a new long-term contract with the patriots.

I came into the threead real late. So i don't know if this has been said do you want some Peppers with that trade?

Last edited:

Crable has a ton of athleticism, actually. He just needs to bulk up a bit and take some time to learn technique. The measurables are all there, though. He did run the fastest 40-yard dash of any LB in the combine last year.

I thought Guyton ran the fastest Forty time for LBers last year???

wow.

still dumbstruck.

I was hoping he retires as a Pat.

maybe so, but I doubt he's ready to take over...........

The Chiefs fans are having a cow about the Vrabel trade. Some insist that if they gave up anything above a 7th round pick that they got the worst end of the deal. Wow talk about overvaluing draft picks!! LOL.

I'm not sure it is. You've got a declining player with a reasonably large contract, looking for an extension.

I had the same impression. Guyton was the fastest. As an interesting aside, Mayo would've been the fastest 40 runner at the combine this year with his 4.53ish I think it was.

A team with major Super Bowl aspirations does not trade away a player like Vrabel in order to replace him with Pierre Woods. That's just not possible.

why? you're making vrabel out to be this game-changing, top-flight linebacker. he is not that. while his leadership skills are not to be questioned, his on field ability does not warrant the type of money he is under contract to receive. vrabel is replaceable.

Many would like to see this announcement on Moday morning:

The patriots trade the #3 pick in the draft, which they obtained this weekend, for Julius Peppers who is expected to sign a new long-term contract with the patriots.
I'd rarther trade #3 for Curry.

I think you may be right, actually, but Crable was a top performer as well:

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Shawn Crable

according to this site: http://walterfootball.com/combine2008OLB.php
His combine stats were:

Shawn Crable, Michigan
Height: 6-4. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Combine 40 Time: 4.64.
Benchx225: 29. Vertical .
Projected Round: 3.

Very good, all around. The key is his weight- the scouting reports say that he can get up to 260, and he's had an awful lot of time to lift a lot of weights over the last year. If he comes into camp at 260, maybe he could be a contributor for us, and provide depth at OLB, along with TBC, that made Vrabel expendable and Woods a starter. As DaBruinz pointed out, a lot of good OLBs take a few years to become a starter, and I see no reason why the same couldn't be true for Crable.

Last edited:

this is why people don't pull a mangini and run to a division rival.........a guy like vrabel can move willingly to another organization and it can be a win-win-win

vrabel gets some extra money and helps instill an philosophy that in my opinion there is a shortage of in NFL lockerrooms....

he's done enough here and there is useful work for him to do for an old friend in another place

I wish the best for him and the KC chiefs
I know, it's so cool how this trade opens things up for Woods to start! :rocker: :D

I know, it's so cool how this trade opens things up for Woods to start! :rocker: :D

LOL - dude, tanked is a pro evaluator: he said so himself! You'd better get the hell outta dodge! :p

LOL - dude, tanked is a pro evaluator: he said so himself! You'd better get the hell outta dodge! :p
Oh noez! Teh Evaluator! I'm dooooommmmmmed!

Heh, tanked is a bit of curmudgeon (and I'm a barrel of sunshine :rolleyes: ), but he brings some good stuff to the table too. I don't mind if he's confused about Woods.

Last edited:
Just saw the headline...wow. that sucks

Thank you Mike! good luck!

Oh noez! Teh Evaluator! I'm dooooommmmmmed!

Heh, tanked is a bit of curmudgeon (and I'm a barrel of sunshine :rolleyes: ), but he brings some good stuff to the table too. I don't mind if he's confused about Woods.

Classic. And correct. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore