PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Compensation if BB signs elsewhere??..

You are implying that he can’t remove Belichick from the HC role, but still control his HC rights. He can’t.
Yes he can

In the NFL you cannot take away a HCs HC duties and prevent him from going to another team as HC or get compensation in return.
I mean, of course you can, especially in Belichick's case - he was head of football ops as well. Put in another coach, but don't fire Belichick, and they keep him - much like what's happened with Pete Carroll.

Yes he did. He was asked that question and he said he would consider anything that would be best for the team.
No he didn't. Listen again He never said directly he would be willing to give up personnel control.

No hes under contract thru 2024 with an option in 2025.
No he isn’t, he was terminated as HC.
If he signs a new contract for a different role he will be, but his HEAD COACH CONTRACT IS TERMINATED.
He had zero obligation to stay with the franchise and can go anywhere he chooses without compensation.
HCs sign HC contracts not personal services contracts.
If they reassigned him to mowing the lawn, you think he is stuck there?

I mean, of course you can, especially in Belichick's case - he was head of football ops as well. Put in another coach, but don't fire Belichick, and they keep him - much like what's happened with Pete Carroll.
No you can’t. Contracts are for a position, they aren’t personal services contracts.
If they made him head lawnmower, you think he couldn’t go coach somewhere else?
Why would any coach ever get fired?

No he isn’t, he was terminated as HC.
He is still employed by the Seahawks.
If he signs a new contract for a different role he will be, but his HEAD COACH CONTRACT IS TERMINATED.
There is no evidence pointing to he did do that.
He had zero obligation to stay with the franchise and can go anywhere he chooses without compensation.
No. He is under contract. It's up to the Seahawks to decide if they want to let him go.
HCs sign HC contracts not personal services contracts.
If they reassigned him to mowing the lawn, you think he is stuck there?
He has $15m reasons to want to be stuck.

I'm speculating that at 72 years of age BB doesn't like the idea of geographical change and uprooting, And who would blame him, I know I wouldn't. If he's to coach further he's going for the record. I'm looking a Philadelphia as a perfect fit.

Bill wanted to stay on his terms.

Leverage is when you have someone under contract.

There is nothing stopping Bob from hiring a coach and Bill staying home in 2024

I am pretty sure his contract says you can't keep him from coaching if not fired.

But let's say the contract does not say that and Kraft can just park him at home out of spite. Game that out to the end and tell me any scenario where pitch forks don't come out for Kraft and the entire season being in the dumpster?

The reality is he wanted to put lipstick on the pig of firing the coach with 6 SBs. And seems like plenty of people think the pig is not a pig.

I am pretty sure his contract says you can't keep him from coaching if not fired.
OK i'd like to see it.
But let's say the contract does not say that and Kraft can just park him at home out of spite. Game that out to the end and tell me any scenario where pitch forks don't come out for Kraft and the entire season being in the dumpster?
That's hypothetical. Fortunately it didn't come to that.
The reality is he wanted to put lipstick on the pig of firing the coach with 6 SBs. And seems like plenty of people think the pig is not a pig.
OK

He is still employed by the Seahawks.

There is no evidence pointing to he did do that.

No. He is under contract. It's up to the Seahawks to decide if they want to let him go.

He has $15m reasons to want to be stuck.
Not as a HC. He was removed as HC.

If he hasn’t signed a new contract then he is no longer under contract, but the Seahawks are on the hook for his pay.

He is NOT under contract. He was terminated. They have to pay him, and have asked him to stick around. He doesn’t have to and he will get paid.

If he doesn’t want the lawn mowing job, he still gets his 15 million. He had a contract paying him 15 million to be HC. Once he is no longer HC he has ZERO obligation to that contact and must be paid no matter what. It is a guaranteed contract.

You are very mixed up here.

Again, answer this. Why would any team ever fire a coach with years left if you are right?
Make them clean toilets. Then,if you are right, if they dont clean toilets they dont have to pay them AND they can keep them from working as a circuit any other team. Do you honestly think that would be allowed? That any Busch would ever sign a contract with those terms? That any team would exercise them when they don’t want their coach any longer?

Not as a HC. He was removed as HC.
Hes still under contract with his employer.
If he hasn’t signed a new contract then he is no longer under contract, but the Seahawks are on the hook for his pay.
He is still under contract.
He is NOT under contract. He was terminated. They have to pay him, and have asked him to stick around. He doesn’t have to and he will get paid.
He is an employee of the Seahawks.
If he doesn’t want the lawn mowing job, he still gets his 15 million. He had a contract paying him 15 million to be HC. Once he is no longer HC he has ZERO obligation to that contact and must be paid no matter what. It is a guaranteed contract.
He has a contract to be an employee of the Seahawks with terms which are binding.
You are very mixed up here.
...and you seemingly don't understand the complexity of employment agreements and contracts.
Again, answer this. Why would any team ever fire a coach with years left if you are right?
Make them clean toilets. Then,if you are right, if they dont clean toilets they dont have to pay them AND they can keep them from working as a circuit any other team. Do you honestly think that would be allowed? That any Busch would ever sign a contract with those terms? That any team would exercise them when they don’t want their coach any longer?
SEA and NE wanted to treat their longtime coaches with respect. We aren't talking about Adam Gase here.

He has a contract to be an employee of the Seahawks with terms which are binding.

...and you seemingly don't understand the complexity of employment agreements and contracts.

SEA and NE wanted to treat their longtime coaches with respect. We aren't talking about Adam Gase here.
So they could have reassigned him to clean toilets and you think if he said no, they don’t have to pay him and he can’t coach any other team?

He ABSOLUTELY IS NOT UNDER CONTRACT unless he signed a new one. His contact his HC not do whatever I say. His HC contract was terminated. The only obligation remaining is the Seahawks have to pay him.

So they could have reassigned him to clean toilets and you think if he said no, they don’t have to pay him and he can’t coach any other team?
Dumb analogy but for sake of playing along...guess what?...hes under contract.
He ABSOLUTELY IS NOT UNDER CONTRACT unless he signed a new one. His contact his HC not do whatever I say. His HC contract was terminated. The only obligation remaining is the Seahawks have to pay him.
Yes he is.

So why didn’t the dolphins and jets reassign Gase to a do nothing job?
They had to pay him.
If your argument is correct they could guve him a miserable job so he would quit and they wouldn’t have to pay him.
AND if he wanted to coach they could make the new team pay him comp.

This is EXACTLY what you are saying the patriots could have done to BB only you call it consulting and I call it cleaning toilets.
If you were right no coach would ever be fired.

Yes he is.
No he isn’t.
His contract was head coach. He is no longer the head coach.

So why didn’t the dolphins and jets reassign Gase to a do nothing job?
Because he had no value in trade and didn't warrant the respect by the org.
They had to pay him.
Correct.
If your argument is correct they could guve him a miserable job so he would quit and they wouldn’t have to pay him.
AND if he wanted to coach they could make the new team pay him comp.

This is EXACTLY what you are saying the patriots could have done to BB only you call it consulting and I call it cleaning toilets.
If you were right no coach would ever be fired.
Wrong. See above.

Yes he is.
Why didn’t the jaguars reassign urban meyer to a different role so he had to show up to get his money?
Why didn’t the lions make Matt Patricia was jockstaps?
Why didn’t the Raiders make Josh McDaniels a hot dog vendor?

No value. Cancer

No value. Toxic

No value. Toxic.
So your argument is that NFL coaches sign contracts that say you can be terminated as HC and be reassigned to any job we choose. If you don’t take that job, you are considered to have resigned and forfeit your guaranteed money. Furthermore, you cannot cus h in the nfl without your new team paying us comp. If we so choose you are blackballed from being an nfl coach and must do whatever job we choose.

And with that power every HC who ever been relieved of HC duties has NOT been reassigned, got paid their full contract and were immediately allowed to take a new job freely without compensation.

Until yesterday.
Then Pete Carroll and bill belichick are so respected that their teams chose to place these never before used penalties and restrictions on them as a favor?

Dude you are smarter than this.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back