PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Compensation if BB signs elsewhere??..

An employee who clearly they didn't want to fire.
NFL HC do not sign “employee contracts” they sign Head Coach contacts.
And they absolutely fired him as HC but since they have to pay him anyway they asked him to stick around. He has no clue what it will be be he is open to the idea.
It will either be a phony figurehead or thing or they will have to pay him more than the guaranteed money they owe him as HC if he refuses to do the new job.

So your argument is that NFL coaches sign contracts that say you can be terminated as HC and be reassigned to any job we choose.
"Reassigned", "Terminated", "Fired" and "Contract" all mean very different things.
If you don’t take that job, you are considered to have resigned and forfeit your guaranteed money. Furthermore, you cannot cus h in the nfl without your new team paying us comp. If we so choose you are blackballed from being an nfl coach and must do whatever job we choose.

And with that power every HC who ever been relieved of HC duties has NOT been reassigned, got paid their full contract and were immediately allowed to take a new job freely without compensation.

Until yesterday.
Then Pete Carroll and bill belichick are so respected that their teams chose to place these never before used penalties and restrictions on them as a favor?
You fail to grasp the fact that they are still under contract with constraints. Their agreements are not terminated until they time out or are re-negotiated and are under different terms.
Dude you are smarter than this.
Excuse me? I think you should check yourself on this.

NFL HC do not sign “employee contracts” they sign Head Coach contacts.
Wrong
And they absolutely fired him as HC but since they have to pay him anyway they asked him to stick around. He has no clue what it will be be he is open to the idea.
They did not fire him. He was reassigned.
It will either be a phony figurehead or thing or they will have to pay him more than the guaranteed money they owe him as HC if he refuses to do the new job.
Whatever but he is still under contract and is an employee of the Seahawks

"Reassigned", "Terminated", "Fired" and "Contract" all mean very different things.

You fail to grasp the fact that they are still under contract with constraints. Their agreements are not terminated until they time out or are re-negotiated.

Excuse me? I think you should check yourself on this.
When a HC is fired he is absolutely NOT under contract. His pay is guaranteed so the team is obligated to pay him. He has ZERO OBLIGATION UNDER THAT CONTRACT BECAUSE IT IS TERMINATED.
Joe judge was terminated. He left the building and collected his pay. The giants had zero constraint in him. Your argument is he couldn’t work for the patriots because the giants could call and tell him to come over and take out the garbage? Nothing has ever happened in the NFL that supports your argument. Every HC firing in the history of the league supports mine.

So we have now reached the point where you think that a HC signs a contract that says I am obligated to you for the life of the contract to do any job you assign me if you fire me as HC. A fired HC is obligated to work for the team that fired him in any capacity they choose.

Yet every coach who has ever been fired wasnt required to do that.

Im going to assume you did yourself in a hole and think digging deeper is your only way out and accepting your thinking isn’t supported by any event in the history of the league is just something you can’t do, so maybe you should just drop it.

Whatever. It's a fact. Not my issue you don't understand.
It is not a fact.

Answer this.
Do NFL HCs sign contract to be HCs or contracts to do whatever job I am assigned to at any point?

When a HC is fired he is absolutely NOT under contract. His pay is guaranteed so the team is obligated to pay him. He has ZERO OBLIGATION UNDER THAT CONTRACT BECAUSE IT IS TERMINATED.
Putting in caps doesn't help you. His employee agreement his terminated. His contract is not.
Joe judge was terminated. He left the building and collected his pay. The giants had zero constraint in him. Your argument is he couldn’t work for the patriots because the giants could call and tell him to come over and take out the garbage? Nothing has ever happened in the NFL that supports your argument. Every HC firing in the history of the league supports mine.
Correct his employment was "terminated" but was still under contract and paid by the NYG.
So we have now reached the point where you think that a HC signs a contract that says I am obligated to you for the life of the contract to do any job you assign me if you fire me as HC. A fired HC is obligated to work for the team that fired him in any capacity they choose.
Sure as long as they are still employed, under contact and chose not to sue for whatever grievance they think they have.
Yet every coach who has ever been fired wasnt required to do that.
See above. Depends.
Im going to assume you did yourself in a hole and think digging deeper is your only way out and accepting your thinking isn’t supported by any event in the history of the league is just something you can’t do, so maybe you should just drop it.
Actually you should. I've only explained it for the last 2 hrs
It is not a fact.

Answer this.
Do NFL HCs sign contract to be HCs or contracts to do whatever job I am assigned to at any point?
God you are thick. I've answered this 43 times. You either don't understand or don't like the answer.

Putting in caps doesn't help you. His employee agreement his terminated. His contract is not.

Correct his employment was "terminated" but was still under contract and paid by the NYG.

Sure as long as they are still employed, under contact and chose not to sue for whatever grievance they think they have.

See above. Depends.

Actually you should. I've only explained it for the last 2 hrs

God you are thick. I've answered this 43 times. You either don't understand or don't like the answer.
The only part of the contract that survives employment termination is the obligation of the employer to pay the guaranteed money. The employee has zero obligation to a terminated contract. You can’t not understand that.

Did judge have any obligation to the giants? He couldn’t right, because he was allowed to choose new employment with no restriction.

Still employed UNDER THR TERMS OF THE CINTRACT which terms are as Head Coach. Again you can’t reassign Andy Reid to dishwasher

No coach fired has EVER been required to fulfill different duties

I can only assume you are joking at this point.

You have never answered that question. Humor me. Do NFK cia he’s sign contracts to be a HC or to do whatever job they can be assigned to.

Here is an example.

Kraft hates BB. He asks him to resign. Bb refuses because he is under contract as HC for $25 mill. Kraft wants his cake and eat it to. He wants to get out of the contract but not pay what he agreed to.
So he tells Belichick he is reassigning him as his personal valet. Bb must arrive every morning at 4 am and bathe him, and dress him. He must follow him everywhere he goes, test his food, wipe his ass when he ****s.
In your argument if BB refuses to do that he loses his guaranteed money and can’t coach any other NFLPA team.

Do you honestly believe that is the case?
Of course not.

Now change those duties to “consultant” and the answer is the same.

The only part of the contract that survives employment termination is the obligation of the employer to pay the guaranteed money. The employee has zero obligation to a terminated contract. You can’t not understand that.

Did judge have any obligation to the giants? He couldn’t right, because he was allowed to choose new employment with no restriction.

Still employed UNDER THR TERMS OF THE CINTRACT which terms are as Head Coach. Again you can’t reassign Andy Reid to dishwasher

No coach fired has EVER been required to fulfill different duties
Not accurate. The coaches/executives are still being cut checks after they have been terminated. They aren't paid a severance like regular folks. The stipulations in their contract are active until the period of performance expires..
I can only assume you are joking at this point.
Go ahead. I assume you don't understand the difference between employment, contracts, reassignment and termination.
You have never answered that question. Humor me. Do NFK cia he’s sign contracts to be a HC or to do whatever job they can be assigned to.

Here is an example.

Kraft hates BB. He asks him to resign. Bb refuses because he is under contract as HC for $25 mill. Kraft wants his cake and eat it to. He wants to get out of the contract but not pay what he agreed to.
So he tells Belichick he is reassigning him as his personal valet. Bb must arrive every morning at 4 am and bathe him, and dress him. He must follow him everywhere he goes, test his food, wipe his ass when he ****s.
In your argument if BB refuses to do that he loses his guaranteed money and can’t coach any other NFLPA team.

Do you honestly believe that is the case?
Of course not.
Why such a ridiculous extreme? Bizarre. That's not reality. WTF

To play along, if Bob told BB to wipe his ass then BB can file a grievance for poor work conditions and take him to court. Short of that he will collect $25m.
Now change those duties to “consultant” and the answer is the same.
Get real.

Not accurate. The coaches/executives are still being cut checks after they have been terminated. They aren't paid a severance like regular folks. The stipulations in their contract are active until the period of performance expires..

Go ahead. I assume you don't understand the difference between employment, contracts, reassignment and termination.

Why such a ridiculous extreme? Bizarre. That's not reality. WTF

To play along, if Bob told BB to wipe his ass then BB can file a grievance for poor work conditions and take him to court. Short of that he will collect $25m.

Get real.
What stipulations? When a HC is fired he has no obligation to the team. The team must pay him. Whether it’s all at once or over time is irrelevant.
Please explain what obligation you think a fired HC has to the team that fired him. Specifically exactly what are the “stipulations” he is held to?

Of course I understand the definition of words. I also understand you are misusing them.

It’s an extreme example to illustrate how ridiculous your argument is. You are saying you can fire a HC and force them to be reassigned to any job you want. And if they don’t take it they forget their guaranteed HC salary and are not allowed to work elsewhere as if the resigned.
Let’s do a less extend example.
Kraft told bb he is reassigning him to OL coach, or scout.
Under your argument if BB says no, then Kraft doesn’t have to pay his guaranteed money. Further if bb gets hired by the colts as hc you are arguing they would owe Kraft comp, just as they would if he quit.
Do you really believe that?

And if you do why wouldn’t every team demote their HC instead of fire them? You either find an easy job they can do well since you have to pay them, or they don’t want to do it and you dint have to pay them and they can’t work elsewhere.
You have to agree if that was the case teams would take advantage of it. None have ever done so.

Get real.
I would say the same to you. Why would the rules for “reassigned to consultant” be different than “reassigned to lawn mower”?

?

Carroll is no longer coach. He is a consultant for the Seahawks. Perhaps you were unaware.
RobertWeathers doesn't have a clue. Quit arguing with him.

I mean, of course you can, especially in Belichick's case - he was head of football ops as well. Put in another coach, but don't fire Belichick, and they keep him - much like what's happened with Pete Carroll.
Wrong- breach of contract. Putting in another head coach, even if you agree to pay BB his full salary is breach of contract.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

They're arguing about Pete Carroll man
... go figure.:rolleyes:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST