PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel: Future HC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if Vrabel came to the Pats as the HC.. It's more likely that someone on the team already would take over..

I'd be very surprised if Vrabel came to the Pats as the HC.. It's more likely that someone on the team already would take over..
After BB retires, Nick Caserio will be running the show. Who he chooses as the head coach may or may not already be with the team.

If either Patricia or McDaniels are still here they'll take over.

If either Patricia or McDaniels are still here they'll take over.
It's possible, but I bet they'd probably get more money elsewhere. My vote would be for Patricia. Either way, it will be Caserio running the show.

It's possible, but I bet they'd probably get more money elsewhere. My vote would be for Patricia. Either way, it will be Caserio running the show.

An important point to remember: because BB, not Caserio, has final say over the roster, the Patriots cannot block Caserio from interviewing for or accepting a GM position that would give him final say.

An important point to remember: because BB, not Caserio, has final say over the roster, the Patriots cannot block Caserio from interviewing for or accepting a GM position that would give him final say.
That's why the Pats had to back up the Brinks truck for Caserio.

He'd be a blast to play for, he's gotta be a DC first though most likely.

BB is the head of the organization under Kraft.. BB is the one who will do the hiring of his replacement. Not Caserio..

BB is the head of the organization under Kraft.. BB is the one who will do the hiring of his replacement. Not Caserio..

that's assuming BB remains in that capacity once when he retires from coaching

Imagine if BB retires in 5 years and Vrabel becomes his successor. I'd be ecstatic about that.

FWIW, remember that Vrabel has made no bones about the fact that his dream job is not to be HC of the NEP, but of the OSUB (i.e., to succeed Urban Meyer).

On the flip side, imagine if Vrabel became HC of the NEP . . . and Brady's still the QB. :p

Suppose that it's possible that BB could stay on board after retiring from HC duties and assume GM responsibilities even if it's in some unusual advisory capacity.

It's hard to imagine him going right from his current position to civilian life.

Last edited:
Agreed, and and unless something changes, he already has. BB hired Caserio and decided to back the Brinks truck up for him to extend him through 2020. <---- Single period

Suppose that it's possible that BB will stay on board after retiring from HC duties and assume GM responsibilities even if it's in some unusual advisory capacity.
It will be interesting to see how BB leaves, and health could play a factor. Will he gradually reduce his role? If so, what final role will he settle into. Given how much he loves teaching, I wouldn't assume that GMing would be his final role.

I've been predicting Vrabel as a future head coach since before he retired. As soon as he did, I told my parents -- who lived in Columbus -- he was the future OSU HC.

That said -- he may get the bug to stick with coaching in the pros after all.

One thing about Vrabel -- he personally played more positions, well, than almost anybody else in modern NFL history.

He excelled at DE and OLB.
He was solidly competent at ILB.
He dabbled at NT -- it was a gimmick, but he presumably knew the basics of the position.
He excelled at goal-line TE.
He was solid on STs, including -- as LBs on STs generally do -- playing the role of an OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft