PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Roethlisberger Has Separated Shoulder AND torn ligaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roethlisberger can take out NE in foxboro. Brady had to be perfect in week 1 with his fully healthy OL to win that game. Dion Lewis was a factor in that game as well. .
You should watch that game it was a good one [emoji4]and it wasn't close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you didn't see the video of Burfict intentionally driving his knee into Ben's right shoulder immediately after driving him into the ground. Not saying that is what caused the injury but it was a dirty move by a complete POS.

It certainly was. Nevertheless, it's exactly what PIT deserves. They cheapshotted Carson Palmer. They cheapshotted Brady in the 2001 AFCCG and they've tried that same "roll onto the QB's ankle" thing to Brady since then, too.

The only reason I regret it happening is because it gives DEN a cakewalk to the AFCC.

When I heard that it was Big Ben who broke the news about the details of his injury, I rolled my eyes so hard I almost blinded myself.

I wish I could see a video of this :D

That's ridiculous. He was trying to take the ball and get up. Slowing down into super slow mo and watching what body parts touch and calling it intentional is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. He turned his body a quarter turn and drove his knee into Ben's shoulder.

Well, it wouldn't be January if Roethlisberger didn't have a near death experience only to orchestrate a Lazarus-like resurrection.
Yeah, I'm thinking this is typical Big Ben embellishment. This way, he wins he's the Utimate Warrior, the Hero of the Hour, if he loses, well he's still a hero because he still went out there after being shot five times and having one leg amputated.

Yeah, I'm thinking this is typical Big Ben embellishment. This way, he wins he's the Utimate Warrior, the Hero of the Hour, if he loses, well he's still a hero because he still went out there after being shot five times and having one leg amputated.

What embellishment?

He said that he's got a sprain with some torn ligaments. That's not embellishment. That's what a sprain is.
If that's what he actually has. Not to mention that there are degrees of sprains. From what I read of his comments today, you'd think it was a miracle he was about to stand around on the field and it will take divine intervention for him to actually throw the ball.
Compare this with Brady who has suffered through some pretty horrific injuries without a word to the outside world. He just goes out and does what he can do.

If that's what he actually has. Not to mention that there are degrees of sprains. From what I read of his comments today, you'd think it was a miracle he was about to stand around on the field and it will take divine intervention for him to actually throw the ball.
Compare this with Brady who has suffered through some pretty horrific injuries without a word to the outside world. He just goes out and does what he can do.

I just deleted my earlier post that you quoted, sorry, because I didn't want to go too far with this. Since you got to it first, though, I'll just note this:

Dr. David J. Chao, a former NFL head team physician and current SiriusXM Sports medical analyst, said it is highly unlikely that both ligaments in the joint are completely torn.

That's what an AC joint sprain is: The joint capsule is injured, and you injure the conoid and trapezoid ligaments,” Chao said. “To say that they are torn completely isn't likely, because that's like a Grade 3 separation and your clavicle is more up in your ear and you can see it through a T-shirt.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9785095-74/roethlisberger-game-throw#axzz3x36j1Akc

You should watch that game it was a good one [emoji4]and it wasn't close.

While I agree that the week 1 matchup wasn't particularly close until the end, the Pats still gave up a season high amount of yardage, had RB Lewis which was huge, and the Steelers didn't have Martavius Bryant, either. Losing guys like Lewis, Solder, etc certainly makes a difference, so I agree with the poster who claims that the Steelers would definitely have the potential to win, should both teams get that far.

I don't agree with his assessment that Brady had to play "perfect" in that game, but I do think that the 2 teams are certainly different at the moment.

It's because he's so amazing. We're in PA, I'm sure the locals have been telling you how "tough" he is already just like they have with me...

It's all I see or hear, on the news, on the radio, at the grocery store, in between shows with news blurbs, in the paper, on my facebook feed.

While I agree that the week 1 matchup wasn't particularly close until the end, the Pats still gave up a season high amount of yardage, had RB Lewis which was huge, and the Steelers didn't have Martavius Bryant, either. Losing guys like Lewis, Solder, etc certainly makes a difference, so I agree with the poster who claims that the Steelers would definitely have the potential to win, should both teams get that far.

I don't agree with his assessment that Brady had to play "perfect" in that game, but I do think that the 2 teams are certainly different at the moment.

The game was a rout. Almost every time we play the Steelers we get a big lead before Ben gets a bunch of garbage yards and garbage points because the Patriots take their foot off the gas. This game was no exception. 21-3 in the third quarter and then Steelers got a TD with two seconds left to make it look like a one possession game.

The game was a rout. Almost every time we play the Steelers we get a big lead before Ben gets a bunch of garbage yards and garbage points because the Patriots take their foot off the gas. This game was no exception. 21-3 in the third quarter and then Steelers got a TD with two seconds left to make it look like a one possession game.
I wouldn't call it a route but it was definitely a game where everyone seems to remember it as being much closer than it really was. I remember people doing the same thing in 2010(?) When the rapist got a bunch of garbage time stats

I remember the game, I'm just pointing out the differences in the 2 teams since week #1 due to injuries, and the fact that Pittsburgh could give us a tougher matchup this time around, should it even come to that. Lewis and Solder are two players who made us much better, as did the absence of Martavius Bryant.

Not having a running game really changes our team in my opinion, so it'd be nice to get Jackson going no matter who we face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back