PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Roethlisberger Has Separated Shoulder AND torn ligaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth. Their crazy-***ed LB (Birfect or something? No. 55) screwed us in more ways than one. We get the tougher opponent this week, and they effectively knock out Big Ben, giving the Broncos an easy pass to the AFC Championship game, for which we will have to travel, if we make it that far. Sigh.

Yeah, I think I am fine with not having crazy-***ed LB's going after our QB or receivers. The Bengals might have been the easier opponent on paper, but who knows what that chippy bunch would have done to Tom, Jules, Danny, etc.

Is there any bigger injury embellishing drama queen in the NFL? I can't think of any.

Funny hearing Coach Cowher call him out over the broken toes excuse after their 2004 AFCCG loss.

Ive had this before. They shoot you with cortisone and the pain goes away for a week. He should be fine so long as the rest of the shoulder wasn't damaged.

Yep, your right, been here done that also. I rode my dirt bike for 3 solid 120 mile off road days after an AC injury...no meds...hurt but not awful after the first initial injury. I agree they will med him up and he will play...functionally it really doesn't change anything. There are several grades of these including a full tear. I hope the Broncos underestimate him.

Last edited:
I have to assume some fan of another AFC Central team has put together a list of all the times Roethlisberger played up an injury only to play the next game with no apparent effects. That would be funny to read through. I think pretty much the entire NFL knows, at this point, to just roll their eyes when Ben starts talking about his injuries.

Is that the same thing as a shoulder sprain, @neuronet? Roethlisberger (never one to hold back on the drama) claims that it's a shoulder sprain, while another report came out today and said that it was a sprain of the AC joint. I'm guessing they're very similar, if not the same exact thing.

It didn't seem like it was an actual separation, though, at least not like what Brady played through in the 2002 season.

I believe that an AC sprain is one type of shoulder sprain, but frankly I don't know. I had no idea what an 'ac joint sprain' was so that site was helpful and had nice pictures. :)

Because he uses one so often Big Rapist should have his own custom made monogrammed stretcher that travels with the team. Maybe he could be wheeled into and out of the games. Just imagine the sight of Big Rapist leading the steelrs out of the tunnel while riding in a stretcher..Sat night he hurt his shoulder not his leg, but he still uses a stretcher to go to the locker room. This makes me wonder what his home life is like, does he use an electric wheel chair to go to the bathroom or to the refrigerator?

Last edited:
I believe that an AC sprain is one type of shoulder sprain, but frankly I don't know. I had no idea what an 'ac joint sprain' was so that site was helpful and had nice pictures. :)

For everyone, The AC joint is not a typical joint like a knee or elbow etc. It is the ligaments that attach the end of the collar bone to the top of the shoulder blade. They can get strained or torn, most folks that have had one are easy to spot because the end of the collar bone typically will stick up higher "forever" when you look at it. Been through this one a few times, yet I dont think Ben will be overly limited, mainly because they will dope it up like others have said.

If you are lucky, you end up with a permanently deformed shoulder:
AC-JOINT4-300x194.jpg

I was hoping for a Steeler win as a healthy Steeler team beats Denver. The first playoff game for the Patriots are a team that is not explosive. My choice switched when Big Ben went down and I thought everything was working out......
i think that's all irrelevant. sooner or later, the afc champion is going to be the team that can beat a good team, home or away.

It is going to be Brady vs Manning for the final time. Can't believe people are so friggin scared about our team playing on the road and having to rely on other teams like this especially someone like the Steelers. Just accept it. You guys said Kansas City would win the division. Then said San Diego would win week 17. Now you getting behind the Steelers. Accept it. New England is going to Denver a week from Sunday. It will be part of the FU tour. If you are scared, get a dog.
agreed. you get to the sb by beating good teams, wherever you play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back