PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Judon and Gonzalez injury discussion

This Team have some sort of fetish with Parker...they get first shot at Hopkins and let him leave the building. To add insult to injury they extend Parker who did almost nothing with 45 snaps. It's funny how Parker seems to respond with Zappe but does not click with Mac. They had a full Off-season.
And there wasn't a big cap hit if new England wanted to rid of Parker after getting Hopkins
Contract was reasonable for the rich man's version of Parker.

The most important thing is that attendance will never suffer no matter what product is on the field.
Thankfully, there are people whose job it is to care about such things, but I'm not one of them. No matter how good or bad they are, I'll be right here in my old Barcalounger, prattling away.

He's picked in the top half of the first round 4 times and got Seymour, Ty Warren, Mayo and mac Jones. He's picked at 17 twice getting Nate Solder and Gonzalez. That's not a bad haul the closest to bad is likely Mac who will be a 4 year starter and a pro bowler.
Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Judon getting the surgery. That's a smart idea. Dr Chao says 3-4 month timeline which will take him into January minimum.

Back in time for the Pats in the Super Bowl! :D:D:D
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Possibly getting a top 10 pick is worthless if Belichick is the one doing the picking. Need the NEW guy to set up the team for the future.
Can we lure Howie Roseman from eagles? I watched a piece of the navy game a few weeks ago looks EXACTLY like our offense!

In addition to Judon, the Patriots also lost starting cornerback Christian Gonzalez to a right shoulder injury late in the first quarter. Gonzalez is expected to be sidelined, also indefinitely, with a torn labrum, a source told Schefter.

Hightower played in SB 49 with a torn labrum and made this play that set the stage for Butler's pick.

From the little we have heard, I think both should be seated for the season... we will find out what the team thinks as soon as they put them on the IR... Judon is done for the year, and at the age of 30, that might have been his final year here... I foresee a very difficult contract negotiation with him... the injury absolutely affects that, and we know the team will try to take advantage of that dollar wise...

Gonzales... i don't know what the injury is, but if its a torn labrum, then let him heal fully...

What the defense going to do? well, Uche needs to step up his game, and i guess we will see if Chris Board has anything to offer with more playing time...

The secodary? Hopefully Jack Jones and Jonathan Jones return sooner rather than later... Having Myles Bryant in coverage is just a game killer... as soon as he hit the field last week, dallas ripped him for a TD... you could see it coming from a mile away... could we see the return of Mills to the CB spot instead of S? i dunno... its possible depending on how the depth chart will stack up after the moves are made...

Greedy Williams is still a free agent at this point... Would like to take a look-see at him, maybe as a practice squad addition at first for an extended try out... he really fell off the cliff last year in cleveland... but I like what Mike Pellegrino (cb) & Brian Belichick (s) have been doing with the secondary, and he might be able to regain his "form"...

Sadly it's factually true. The quality of pro bowlers has massively reduced in recent years though.
Mac was a guy who picked up a phone. While technically he was a pro bowler he was not really a pro bowler.

From the little we have heard, I think both should be seated for the season... we will find out what the team thinks as soon as they put them on the IR... Judon is done for the year, and at the age of 30, that might have been his final year here... I foresee a very difficult contract negotiation with him... the injury absolutely affects that, and we know the team will try to take advantage of that dollar wise...

Gonzales... i don't know what the injury is, but if its a torn labrum, then let him heal fully...

What the defense going to do? well, Uche needs to step up his game, and i guess we will see if Chris Board has anything to offer with more playing time...

The secodary? Hopefully Jack Jones and Jonathan Jones return sooner rather than later... Having Myles Bryant in coverage is just a game killer... as soon as he hit the field last week, dallas ripped him for a TD... you could see it coming from a mile away... could we see the return of Mills to the CB spot instead of S? i dunno... its possible depending on how the depth chart will stack up after the moves are made...

Greedy Williams is still a free agent at this point... Would like to take a look-see at him, maybe as a practice squad addition at first for an extended try out... he really fell off the cliff last year in cleveland... but I like what Mike Pellegrino (cb) & Brian Belichick (s) have been doing with the secondary, and he might be able to regain his "form"...
I am really hopeful Keion White steps up to fill those Judon shoes.

The only silver lining is that we see what we have in Keion White and if Uche has any chance at all to be a 3 down guy. If we activate Trey Flowers and keep Tavai or Jennings out there over White and Uche I will be annoyed beyond belief.

Hopefully Gonzo is back relatively soon. I just want him to get more reps and experience. Will also be nice to see what K White can do with the increased workload.
I think having Gonzo completely healthy when he comes back is much more important than more reps and experience.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back