PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Judon and Gonzalez injury discussion

I would take the opportunity once Jon Jones is back, to line Jon up on the outside, with Wade inside. Inside is where Wade played very well in school.
Jon Jones and Mills outside, Wade/Bryant inside. Hope Jack Jones and Marcus Jones are back in the next 1-4 weeks.
Lots of cover 2 with Peppers and Dugger in back end support/coverage. Mapu due more snaps as well with Mills going to corner and Judon out.
Also a chance for Uche to show he is deserving of a contract for a stud LB rather than a 1 type player (rush the passer)
Jennings also with a golden opportunity to play. both need to step up.

Possibly getting a top 10 pick is worthless if Belichick is the one doing the picking. Need the NEW guy to set up the team for the future.
The Homers think this current Team the way it's made up with some critical injuries last Sunday. Have a snow balls chance in hell to make the playoffs playoffs??

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Wise Jr and keion white on the edge
Jennings can sub, uche the 3rd down pass rusher. I agree jalen mills has to be an outside corner for the time being. Adrian Phillips hasn't been playing much but he should get more reps now. Mapu will get reps. The losses are tough but pats can overcome them.
Tyquan Thornton should help the offense. Parker juju and bourne just do not possess enough athleticism explosiveness or separation ability to represent your top 3 WRs. Honestly if Thornton is ready to go pats should trade bourne. D. Douglas needs more reps. Those 2 would add what is needed. Play through mistakes.
Biggest thing this offense needs is its 3rd down rb role. Ty montgomery is supposed to be that dude. Pats always had that when they couldn't run the ball. Faulk,Vereen,Woodhead,j.white, dion Lewis
Pats have got to get that going again.
Seasons not over. It looks real bad. Really starting to doubt Mac but it is his 3rd coordinator in 3 years. A rough start is not new in patriot land. Extended preseason. We will know in the next 4 weeks 100% saints raiders are winnable. After that Mia and Buffalo. We can have the tank conversation then. Pats don't tank that's my take. Bill gets til the end of 24' season, at least. There was always gonna be a rebuild.

Schefter reporting Judon on Wednesday will undergo surgery for a torn bicep, said might have a chance to play at the end of the year.

I doubt they’ll be playing any meaningful games by that time so doubtful will see him again.
Looking forward to 24 get healthy Judon your talents were going to wasted anyway this year. Really hope Gonzo is shut down too he's going to be Great. Where we are picking we are going to be able to get really good players been a long time between drinks. Remember Seymour and Mayo?? Hope we're in the Top 5.

Wise Jr and keion white on the edge
Jennings can sub, uche the 3rd down pass rusher. I agree jalen mills has to be an outside corner for the time being. Adrian Phillips hasn't been playing much but he should get more reps now. Mapu will get reps. The losses are tough but pats can overcome them.
Tyquan Thornton should help the offense. Parker juju and bourne just do not possess enough athleticism explosiveness or separation ability to represent your top 3 WRs. Honestly if Thornton is ready to go pats should trade bourne. D. Douglas needs more reps. Those 2 would add what is needed. Play through mistakes.
Biggest thing this offense needs is its 3rd down rb role. Ty montgomery is supposed to be that dude. Pats always had that when they couldn't run the ball. Faulk,Vereen,Woodhead,j.white, dion Lewis
Pats have got to get that going again.
Seasons not over. It looks real bad. Really starting to doubt Mac but it is his 3rd coordinator in 3 years. A rough start is not new in patriot land. Extended preseason. We will know in the next 4 weeks 100% saints raiders are winnable. After that Mia and Buffalo. We can have the tank conversation then. Pats don't tank that's my take. Bill gets til the end of 24' season, at least. There was always gonna be a rebuild.
You lost me on Boney Thornton do we have a QB that can get him the football outside the numbers?? Waiting???
Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Where did you hear torn labrum for gonzalez? Im just seeing seperated shoulder atm pending further testing. Or are they the same thing? ( can probably tell im no orthopedic surgeon by this post ;) )
Separated shoulder at his age may not be a season ender. Where are you seeing that?

This is a team on the rebuild. That rebuild is not complete, and it isn't going very well. I thought from the start that they would be unlikely to make the playoffs this year, and that even if they did, it'd be one and done yet again. I thought they might win eight games, but that seven was more likely. Even that, it now seems, may have been a little pollyannaish. So everything about this year is about implications for next year and beyond. That takes a little of the sting out of non-career-ending injuries. Given then that ultimately the record this year doesn't really matter (except perhaps to the extent it affects our draft position), the fact that both of these really good players will almost certainly be back next year is the key thing. The same sort of principle applies to Mac. The task this year is to ascertain whether he is worthy of the big contract going forward. This is complicated, of course, by the fact that Bill chose to make of last year a complete waste of time.

There are other players on IR or otherwise unavailable, some quite promising, who will also be back for next year. Our record, it seems, might be lousy enough that next year's 1st -round draftee is likely to be a genuine contributor.

My point is that if you set aside any expectations for "success" this year (certainly if you unrealistically define "success" as a record which get you into the playoffs) things aren't that bad. We have a few quite good players on the team right now, a few more even more promsing ones who will return by next year, and likely a decent draft position.

The decision re Mac must be made, but particularly given that last year was rendered useless vis-a-vis evaluating him, to make that decision now would be premature. The other decision - the important one - is what to do re Bill. My own view of course is that BIll the GM must be fired and that if that costs us the still-valuable services of Bill the Coach, so be it. Bill the Coach is still valuable - no doubt - but I'm not at all sure that losing him would be the devastating loss at this point that it might once have been.

P.S. "Pollyannaish" is actually a word, as wrong as it looks.

Last edited:
Where did you hear torn labrum for gonzalez? Im just seeing seperated shoulder atm pending further testing. Or are they the same thing? ( can probably tell im no orthopedic surgeon by this post ;) )
In addition to Judon, the Patriots also lost starting cornerback Christian Gonzalez to a right shoulder injury late in the first quarter. Gonzalez is expected to be sidelined, also indefinitely, with a torn labrum, a source told Schefter.

Way OT: Dear God but Fauria is stupid.

This is a team on the rebuild. That rebuild is not complete, and it isn't going very well. I thought from the start that they would be unlikely to make the playoffs this year, and that even if they did, it'd be one and done yet again. I thought they might win eight games, but that seven was more likely. Even that, it now seems, may have been a little pollyannaish. So everything about this year is about implications for next year and beyond. That takes a little of the sting out of non-career-ending injuries. Given then that ultimately the record this year doesn't really matter (except perhaps to the extent it affects our draft position), the fact that both of these really good players will almost certainly be back next year is the key thing. The same sort of principle applies to Mac. The task this year is to ascertain whether he is worthy of the big contract going forward. This is complicated, of course, by the fact that Bill chose to make of last year a complete waste of time.

There are other players on IR or otherwise unavailable, some quite promising, who will also be back for next year. Our record, it seems, might be lousy enough that next year's 1st -round draftee is likely to be a genuine contributor.

My point is that if you set aside any expectations for "success" this year (certainly if you unrealistically define "success" as a record which get you into the playoffs) things aren't that bad. We have a few quite good players on the team right now, a few more even more promsing ones who will return by next year, and likely a decent draft position.

The decision re Mac must be made, but particularly given that last year was rendered useless vis-a-vis evaluating him, to make that decision now would be premature. The other decision - the important one - is what to do re Bill. My own view of course is that BIll the GM must be fired and that if that costs us the still-valuable services of Bill the Coach, so be it. Bill the Coach is still valuable - no doubt - but I'm not at all sure that losing him would be the devastating loss at this point that it might once have been.

P.S. "Pollyannaish" is actually a word, as wrong as it looks.
The most important thing is that attendance will never suffer no matter what product is on the field.

You lost me on Boney Thornton do we have a QB that can get him the football outside the numbers?? Waiting???
Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted
Outside the #s is horizontal I'm looking vertically. It's up in the air but juju and bourne are redundant at best. Pats can do better putting Thornton in the right role. It's worth a shot and in my opinion the better option as opposed to watching our top 3 wrs getting getting covered easily just hoping for that next crazy 50/50 catch
And pats should get something decent for bourne with a good chunk of cap space

To lose those two in that game. It seems fitting. I agree with the tank meme. Be nice to pick early.

Absolutely brutal game in pretty much every aspect. Blow out and embarrassed. Sloppy play and no offense. And the cherry on top is our two best players get injured for likely most of the season.

I've recovered from 2 torn labrum surgeries. It took me about 6 to 8 months to recover from each and I am a rehab fiend. I am sure that having a trainer helps, but you have yo rehab the muscles and also learn to trust the shoulder as well.

It's a painful surgery and the recover sucks

Bills picks have been poor on average recently. But when he picks high he’s been pretty good.
He's picked in the top half of the first round 4 times and got Seymour, Ty Warren, Mayo and mac Jones. He's picked at 17 twice getting Nate Solder and Gonzalez. That's not a bad haul the closest to bad is likely Mac who will be a 4 year starter and a pro bowler.

Outside the #s is horizontal I'm looking vertically. It's up in the air but juju and bourne are redundant at best. Pats can do better putting Thornton in the right role. It's worth a shot and in my opinion the better option as opposed to watching our top 3 wrs getting getting covered easily just hoping for that next crazy 50/50 catch
And pats should get something decent for bourne with a good chunk of cap space
This Team have some sort of fetish with Parker...they get first shot at Hopkins and let him leave the building. To add insult to injury they extend Parker who did almost nothing with 45 snaps. It's funny how Parker seems to respond with Zappe but does not click with Mac. They had a full Off-season.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back