PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lazar's summary of training camp

Once again you're pushing meaningless stats, which as Belichick and most everyone else knows, are for losers.
Here are the true numbers that really count.
Pats before BOB = 3 SB wins in 4 years
Pats after BOB = 3 SB wins in 5 years with another SB appearance and a record offensive performance.
Pats in between with BOB = 2 SB losses to average Giants teams and not much offense in either game.
That's the reality of the situation.

You need to get your facts straight

Bar should always be last game of the season is a playoff win. Nothing less.

all that other stuff is just fancy participation trophies.
So when you complain about last year you are complaining because you expected a SB win and not because you wanted more participation trophies?

So when you complain about last year you are complaining because you expected a SB win and not because you wanted more participation trophies?
No, I complain because I wanted to see good football and did not.

Hopefully he can get over whatever is troubling him and get back to practicing / playing

Some have speculated that this is an Antonio Garcia-type situation (pulmonary emboli). Let’s hope that it is less serious that, let alone something more serious.
Well, at least he's on the field for practices now.

I hope the team doesn't overthink OL if Mafi is a starting caliber guard his rookie year. There seems to be a misconception that Onwenu is an average RT & an elite RG. He was actually a very good RT, average LG & elite RG.

486 snaps at RT
3 sacks, 1 hit, 10 hurries
98.1 pass blocking efficiency (10th/92)
0 penalties

Brown
Strange
Andrews
Mafi
Onwenu

Why leave a starting caliber player on the bench & play a JAG RT instead of having your five best OL out there?
No one is saying that Owenu ISN'T a starting caliber RT. What we are saying is that he could be a REMARKABLE RG. But until he ACTUALLY gets on the field, he isn't much of anything.

2 things I wonder about. What's actually wrong with Strange. When he got hurt it was made to seem it was nothing, yet he's been out close to 2 weeks. And I wonder about Owenu. I believed he'd start on the PUP but be back well before the end of TC. Well it's onto game 2 of a 3 game preseason and he's nowhere to be seen. Inquiring minds want to know, where are these guys?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back