PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources says Mac Jones has been playing with an AC joint sprain in his throwing shoulder per 98.5

Wi
Agree. And my wife goes over the edge with them. Going to have some fun with this one.
With that said...loved "IT".

Aaaaaannnd now it begins... the Chad Pennington Career Arc...
I liked Pennington in spite of his arm and saw him as a backup for the Pats when he became available. Had he been here he would have been the QB when Brady went down.

We'll have to wait and see on Mac but I think he'll be fine.

If Mac was really struggling with knee or shoulder - he would never have played in the Pro Bowl. His arm looked fine, and mobility looked good too, so not sure. I think it was more of a fatigue thing, weakening over the long year he had. I was just thrilled to hear him express his plans to improve strength and pliability this offseason.

The kid has proved his durability now get him some real talent on the outside and inside.

Mac has to get stronger this offseason. Not just his arm, just in general. He took a lot of huge hits and that takes a toll if you don't have NFL level conditioning and strength. His first NFL offseason will help a lot I think.

If Mac was really struggling with knee or shoulder - he would never have played in the Pro Bowl. His arm looked fine, and mobility looked good too, so not sure. I think it was more of a fatigue thing, weakening over the long year he had. I was just thrilled to hear him express his plans to improve strength and pliability this offseason.

Or…..with two weeks of rest the shoulder was much improved and the team felt that there was little risk of exacerbating the injury, given the two-hand touch nature of the game and additionally felt that it would be beneficial for Mac to be part of Pro Bowl week. The last part is certainly true, both for Mac and also hopefully (best case scenario) to attract veterans who may be entering the free agent pool this year or next. Mac seemed to make a positive impression with the other players…at least many of the participants are now somewhat familiar with Mac as a player and person.

Some of it was also the defenses figuring him out.

If Mac can improve his overall strength and durability he may surprise many with his "off platform" potential. He can throw accurately on the run, ran a 7.0s 3-cone, and his best 40 time was a surprising 4.68s:

Jones had two very nice 40-yard dash scores on his first Pro-day. He tallied a 4.72 and a 4.68.
Source

But durability is a potential issue with him given his size and conditioning. Hope he works diligently on overall strength and conditioning in the offseason.

Some of it was also the defenses figuring him out.
It doesn’t seem that complicated. Stop the run, get a lead and force him to throw to his crappy receivers. Until Bill gets better receivers, Mac and the Pats will struggle when the game doesn’t go as scripted.

Why is Mac talking to this clown? Can't stand that show

If Mac can improve his overall strength and durability he may surprise many with his "off platform" potential. He can throw accurately on the run, ran a 7.0s 3-cone, and his best 40 time was a surprising 4.68s:
I agree. I've been saying for a while, that people just assume he's an "immobile" QB. That's very wrong. He hurt his knee in TC, and was very cautious for most the season. But, the guy can escape and throw on the run. Some of his best throws of the year were while rolling out. The Pro Bowl TD throw was insane actually, and the one that didn't count to Diggs? was also a dime.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back