PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Roethlisberger Has Separated Shoulder AND torn ligaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call it a route but it was definitely a game where everyone seems to remember it as being much closer than it really was. I remember people doing the same thing in 2010(?) When the rapist got a bunch of garbage time stats

2010 was the SNF game where NE just came out and pounded them. I believe that it was Gronk's "breakout" game, as he had 3 touchdowns in his rookie campaign. As you mention, they did come back in garbage time, but I don't even remember it being too close.

2011 saw the Steelers punish Brady, going up 10-0 early and pretty much dominating the game. This was a case of it never really being all that close for them, despite a relatively close(r) type of one score game. 25-17 maybe? I can't remember, but I was there hating what I saw.

2013 was our blowout victory, hanging 50+. The hype was big on Dobson, since he had a couple of TD grabs.

2015 saw us go up 14-0 and also 21-3, and wasn't really close at all, despite the 7 pt finish.

If that's what he actually has. Not to mention that there are degrees of sprains. From what I read of his comments today, you'd think it was a miracle he was about to stand around on the field and it will take divine intervention for him to actually throw the ball.
Compare this with Brady who has suffered through some pretty horrific injuries without a word to the outside world. He just goes out and does what he can do.
Doc: "Ben, you have a shoulder sprain."
Ben: "What's a sprain, Doc?"
Doc: "That's where there is minor tearing in the ligament. Nothing to worry about."
Ben to press: "I've got torn ligaments in my shoulder. Hundreds of them."

While I agree that the week 1 matchup wasn't particularly close until the end, the Pats still gave up a season high amount of yardage, had RB Lewis which was huge, and the Steelers didn't have Martavius Bryant, either. Losing guys like Lewis, Solder, etc certainly makes a difference, so I agree with the poster who claims that the Steelers would definitely have the potential to win, should both teams get that far.

I don't agree with his assessment that Brady had to play "perfect" in that game, but I do think that the 2 teams are certainly different at the moment.
All teams are different 18 weeks later, but the reason they had all those yards is because the game was out of hand. We led by 2 TDs when they had a bs 1 minute left drive to make it look close, but it wasn't.

I disagree. He turned his body a quarter turn and drove his knee into Ben's shoulder.
What did you want him to do, lay on top of him? He tried to get the ball, and he got up. Its ridiculous to think that the way you would try to hurt someone is kneeing their shoulder pad.

I remember the game, I'm just pointing out the differences in the 2 teams since week #1 due to injuries, and the fact that Pittsburgh could give us a tougher matchup this time around, should it even come to that. Lewis and Solder are two players who made us much better, as did the absence of Martavius Bryant.

Not having a running game really changes our team in my opinion, so it'd be nice to get Jackson going no matter who we face.

Hey no need to explain the first matchup has little to do with a potential rematch. 45-3.

At this point i am hoping the donkeys o line has a bad day. No antonio brown will be a killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back