Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 102 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unbiased Question...

Did I say you? And I have no gripe.

You said "basically everyone". When did 40% become "basically everyone"?

Come on, man. I can appreciate you being dismissive of the poll, because it's comparing a starter to a player who's basically never done anything in a real game, but don't be the kind of Jets fan that gives the entire group a bad name.

It's a silly poll that has no answer. Go post it on JI and be as honest about its stupidity and the homerism of the board involved when the tally runs to better than 95% in favor of Sanchez.

The best part about this is all of you using the exact same logic people used in 2001/2002 to denigrate Brady, eg, Brady got carried to wins by his defense.

If Sanchez was as bad as you people think he wouldn't have come in here and thrown 3 TDs.

This is a pretty good thread to link to people who want to laugh at how biased posters on team boards can be, though.

The TS states that he thinks Hoyer is lightyears ahead of Sanchez.

And yes Brady is one of the best EVER

heh...let me put this is in terms a Jet fan can identify with...

Ray Ray 19 says "Sanchez has NO CEILING!! He's already BETTER than Brady and will win MULTIPLE SUPER BOWLS!!!"

would you like me to include YOU and all Jet fans as agreeing to this statement?

The best part about this is all of you using the exact same logic people used in 2001/2002 to denigrate Brady, eg, Brady got carried to wins by his defense.

If Sanchez was as bad as you people think he wouldn't have come in here and thrown 3 TDs.

This is a pretty good thread to link to people who want to laugh at how biased posters on team boards can be, though.

I wonder if you have any idea how poor your argument is.

heh...let me put this is in terms a Jet fan can identify with...

Ray Ray 19 says "Sanchez has NO CEILING!! He's already BETTER than Brady and will win MULTIPLE SUPER BOWLS!!!"

would you like me to include YOU and all Jet fans as agreeing to this statement?

************ forget it

heh...well...glad we got THAT out of the way

Brady in 2001/2002 was surrounded by an inferior line, worse WRs, and a worse running game. My issue with Sanchez is 100% related to accuracy. He simply doesn't have much, and until/unless that changes, he'll never be a top-20 QB. Brady, even in 2001 and 2002, completed 62.8% of his passes, which is a full 7.4% better than Sanchez in his first two years. Granted, Sanchez throws more long balls than Brady did at the time, but not by even a fraction of the margin necessary to bridge that gap. Some QBs do become more accurate with experience, though, so maybe it'll come for him. History isn't on his side, but neither outcome would shock me.

That said, I dunno how anyone can take a backup QB who has never started a regular season game over a QB who has proven himself capable enough and taken his team to two AFCCGs. I agree that it's ridiculous that this poll is even as close as it is.

Last edited:

Brady > Fitzpatrick > Sanchez > Henne > Hoyer > ...

It's hard to judge Hoyer when he hasn't played much.

Last edited:

On a side note, I dunno if there's any greater sign of Jets' fans inferiority complex than the fact that they feel the need to post threads from Patsfans on their boards anytime we say anything about the Jets. As of earlier today, the top thread on TGG was a thread about a post made on here a full week ago that they've spent almost 500 posts dissecting.

Last edited:

Brady > Fitzpatrick > Sanchez > Henne > Hoyer > ...

It's hard to judge Hoyer when he hasn't played much.

I'll take Hoyer over Henne simply because Henne has proven that he's just terrible, whereas Hoyer might be good for all anyone knows.

Last edited:

I'll take Hoyer over Henne simply because we know that Henne is effing terrible, whereas Hoyer might actually be good (who can say, at this point?).
An interesting comparison
vadDV.png

H4zNi.png

The TS states that he thinks Hoyer is lightyears ahead of Sanchez.

And yes Brady is one of the best EVER

My post read: I think Hoyer could be light years ahead of Mark Sanchez honestly

I did not say he WAS light years ahead of Sanchez.

Last edited:

Stupid argument, by your logic TFB is a horrible QB if he has a bad game, which all QBs do. Look at their overall body of work, that's how you measure someone, and I stand by the statement that Sanchez is a sub-par to mediocre who has shown the ability to be good on occasion.

Can't make the comparison until we see Hoyer play.

I do put some stock in his playoff performances though but as of right now it's Sanchez by default.

Matt Saracen is better than Sanchez

Can't make the comparison until we see Hoyer play.

I do put some stock in his playoff performances though but as of right now it's Sanchez by default.

I understand what you are saying......but still, I have seen how bad sanchez can be, and my conclusion is that I would rather go with an unknown.

Sanchez in the playoffs is mostly due to the jets FO ripping half of his playbook out, and the jets offense beingo patient enough to wait for the defense to make something happen......the pats offense/jets defense gave the jets offense a short field the entire first half....2 yards of offense by the pats in the 2nd quarter was what made this game........case closed.

I also put some of the reasoning on BB and his stupid-arsed idea of benching welker for the first drive.....WTF is that? you know your QB is hurting, so you'll teach welker a lesson by taking brady's top target away for the first drive and screw with the recipe for the entire game........you coach to win the game, and that was not coaching to win the game......he could have made welker do 1000 situps or run 100 laps or whatever......but making him sit made EVERYONE pay

even better.....by this logic,

antowain smith > barry sanders

Take it even further

The Packers were ******ed for dumping the ole gunslinger for that Aaron Rodgers dude.

Ted Thompson is dumb, I guess............

"You can't pick Hoyer because he hasn't played" theory is even more stupid than the pass rushing OLB concept.

Last edited:

Stupid argument, by your logic TFB is a horrible QB if he has a bad game, which all QBs do. Look at their overall body of work, that's how you measure someone, and I stand by the statement that Sanchez is a sub-par to mediocre who has shown the ability to be good on occasion.

Sorry, I didn't put in a lot of effort into my argument because, you know, people are saying they'd rather have a guy who we've seen play like 20 regular season snaps over a guy whose team has won double digits in each of his first two seasons.

Being a ridiculous homer makes you bad at math, I guess.

Sorry, I didn't put in a lot of effort into my argument because, you know, people are saying they'd rather have a guy who we've seen play like 20 regular season snaps over a guy whose team has won double digits in each of his first two seasons.

Being a ridiculous homer makes you bad at math, I guess.

the jets win in spite of sanchez.....not because of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back