• Hoyer

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 102 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unbiased Question...

Sanchez has been a bottom of the barrel QB as a rookie, and a bottom 10 QB as a second year QB. Hoyer wouldn't exactly have to set the world on fire to do better.

It dosnt matter what sanchez has been, it matters what Hoyer is not right now.
when he will play some real games and win some you could say he is better\equal to sanchez. you cant choose a QB that didnt won a game in the NFL, you just cant to that.

To those guys who chose Hoyer - get real. :bricks:

Last edited:

Honestly Sanchez has shown the ability to win games in the playoffs. I don't think he's a top 15 QB and Id probably say that if you took any top 10 QB and put them on the Jets they could be vying for a third straight lombardi as opposed to an afc championship game appearance. Their offensive line, Defense and offensive targets are championship caliber, Sanchez isn't right now. Who knows how Hoyer would fair in NY though.

Suprised it's so close, Hoyer is better no bias.

when he will play some real games and win some you could say he is better\equal to sanchez. you cant choose a QB that didnt won a game in the NFL, you just cant to that.

Ofcourse you can.

If having to choose today, I would take Mallett over Sanchez in about two seconds. So you wouldn't take Luck over Sanchez?

Tavaris Jackson/ Alex Smith/ Derek Anderson have won games in the NFL, who exactly would you take?

It'd be one thing to say "Brady/Manning/Brees/Rivers/Rodgers/Roethlisberger/Ryan, of course", because they're the best in the game. It's another thing to pimp Sanchez, when he's been bottom tier to this point in his NFL career. Neither side has much of a leg to stand on at this point, IMO.

I didnt say Sanchez is a hit, he is not a top 10 to me, but saying hoyer is better based on what? a preaseason game? sorry, not good enouhg.

i dont like sanchez at all, but being that blind is being too much of a homer, waaaaaaaay to much.

patsfaninpittsburgh, you didnt get my point at all. sanchez won playoff games, when hoyer will do that let me know.

I didnt say Sanchez is a hit, he is not a top 10 to me, but saying hoyer is better based on what? a preaseason game? sorry, not good enouhg.

i dont like sanchez at all, but being that blind is being too much of a homer, waaaaaaaay to much.

patsfaninpittsburgh, you didnt get my point at all. sanchez won playoff games, when hoyer will do that let me know.

Arguing either as the better QB is a bit of a fool's errand. Your points about Sanchez are almost as bad as the points being made by the Hoyer group, because Sanchez has been lousy to date. The one other young backup to ever be good enough to backup Brady is Cassel. He's better than Sanchez.

See, my point was to the extent that "if" hoyer was a starter. I know we cant know for sure cause he hasnt started but my argument was my belief is that IF Hoyer was a starter and had been playing for 3 years (same as Sanchez) I think Hoyer would be a better QB.

This is not fact, just my opinion from the small amounts of times I've seen him. Evan last year against the Dolphins in out last reg season game he looked really good.

I don't see how it's a debate. Say what you want about Sanchez, he wins and is a team leader. He's gotten them to the AFC Championship in each of his first two years. Hoyer is an UDFA and a back up. Hoyer would have to become a starter and light it up to be in the conversation. Another way to look it at would be to ask what is Hoyer's trade value? Would he get a number one 1 pick in exchange? I'd be happy with a number 3, but I'm not a GM. I would venture to say that Sanchez would get a number 1.

As with any team, you would probably have to ask where that QB would play. Manning may not be as successful as Big Ben if playing for the Steelers as he does not have the ability to shed all the hits Ben takes behind an inferior offensive line. Some QBs make work better in timing pass based offenses, others not so much. That is a pretty major variable in the OP.

I do agree there is no reasonable basis for comparison right now as Hoyer is a big question mark in terms of real game performance. Given the nature of the Pats' system and his practice experience there, I would take him over Sanchez if Brady were not available. Anywhere else? Not a clue.

I don't see how it's a debate. Say what you want about Sanchez, he wins and is a team leader. He's gotten them to the AFC Championship in each of his first two years. Hoyer is an UDFA and a back up. Hoyer would have to become a starter and light it up to be in the conversation. Another way to look it at would be to ask what is Hoyer's trade value? Would he get a number one 1 pick in exchange? I'd be happy with a number 3, but I'm not a GM. I would venture to say that Sanchez would get a number 1.

A number 1.... :p

Anyways, your right, its not a true debate. Like I said in the original post, I dont dislike Sanchez at all, i just think he's not ready to be the franchise QB. Rexy is a good defensive coach, not offensive clearly.

Even in the small tidbits we've seen Hoyer play, we can say he does have better accuracy than Sanchez.

Sanchize hes been in a lot more games as a starter no less. Hoyer ha seen very little live sustained action.

Actually, I didn't miss your point. I could care less if Sanchez "won" playoff games. Dilfer won Super Bowls.

Saying Sanchez HAS to be considered better based on your criteria is silly.

I do know this..Sanchez is last when it comes to starting qbs in the AFC east.

HE SUCKS

If the Jets offered us Sanchez for Hoyer straight up, you guys would seriously say no?

I take Sanchez then immediately trade him for a late #1

So me and one of my fellow co-workers (who happens to be a Jets fan) got into a huge debate during my lunch hour. He thinks Sanchez is much better than Brian Hoyer could ever be. I know all Jets fans are so into Sanchez and sees him as the franchise QB but c'mon. I dont hate Sanchez by all means, I think he's a decent QB at best. Accuracy and consistency is his biggest flaws in my eyes.

We both argued the facts. I know we don't have much to go off of since Hoyer doesn't start but from what I've seen, I think Hoyer could be light years ahead of Mark Sanchez honestly. He always looks poised in the pocket and really has a good accuracy. I feel if Hoyer was a starter for another team, he'd have better stats than Sanchez any season.

Some input on this... insights?

How can you possibly say that Hoyer would be better than Sanchez? C'mon. I've seen Hoyer in mop-up duty in regular games. He has a long way to go.

Sanchize hes been in a lot more games as a starter no less. Hoyer ha seen very little live sustained action.

I rather doubt Hoyer would start with TFB on the roster, and even though Hoyer has had very limited playing time he's been more impressive than Sanchez has been IMO.

How can you possibly say that Hoyer would be better than Sanchez? C'mon. I've seen Hoyer in mop-up duty in regular games. He has a long way to go.

I've seen Sanchez in 3 seasons as the starting QB and he still has a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back