• Hoyer

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 102 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Unbiased Question...

There is one choice who was given a chance and he sank to the bottom of the QB rankings like a brick.

There is one choice who has not been given a chance and we have no idea how he would perform.

Frankly, they are probably dead-even but I'd probably take the option not yet given the chance. How could it be any worse? Either you suck or you suck, right?

This argument of magical "potential" that will someday come into being for Sanchez just isn't working for me. People always say this kind of thing about young QBs with bad stats. I'll believe it when I see it. You could use the magic 8ball on Hoyer just as easily.

There is no way to compare ...unless ...Hoyer plays ....more than a few snaps. Hoyer has potential...but u can't realize it until ..you play alot more...

Last edited:

Do people know that sanchez came in here and threw 3tds against us in a playoff game? but he can't play?

Last edited:

Rex Grosman is better than Sanchez.

Well being Patriots fans, its really easy to be biased easily towards anything the Jets do. So being as "un-biased" as possible, whats your take on this subject?

We've already covered the "we don't know for sure" stuff, I mentioned that in the original post but just think outside the box a little here. I know this greatly impacts the solidity of the initial argument itself but it's more of a "what if" debate if you will.

Thats all, not hard. ;)

If you're asking me who I would want starting with the only thing to consider is results in 2011 then my answer is Sanchez.

If you're asking me as if I was GM of a rebuilding team and I also had to consider my team's budget and salary cap then my answer is Hoyer.

If you're asking me who I think will have a better NFL career, I really don't know. We have no idea if or when Hoyer will get that opportunity, and more importantly we don't know what kind of a team he will be surrounded by when that day should come. If Hoyer eventually goes to a poorly run organization, then he has almost no chance of having a better career than Sanchez. Similarly, put Sanchez on a mediocre team from a poorly run organization, and at this point of his career he's probably already back to holding a clipboard on Sundays.

Put a gun to my head and tell me I have to pick one right now, today, and I have to begrudgingly go with Sanchez.

Are you guys serious?? This poll is truly a joke.. LOL

Hoyer by a long shot, obviously.

Last edited:

Well Hoyer has proven nothing, but it is an interesting thought.

Would you rather have a guy who is unknown, or a guy who is known where that known is that he is a bottom 5 QB?

Of course, if you give Sanchez credit for his team winning more in spite of him than because of him it taints the analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

On that team with that defense, you want the QB who can more consistently score points, even if it's not the QB who will score more over a season. Sanchez can definitely win games (playoff game comes to mind...), but they also had games of 0, 3, 6, and 9 points. Hence, Hoyer over Sanchez.

Last edited:

on that team with that defense, you want the qb who can more consistently score points, even if it's not the qb who will score more over a season. sanchez can definitely win games (playoff game comes to mind...), but they also had games of 0, 3, 6, and 9 points. Hence, hoyer over sanchez.

+1

On that team with that defense, you want the QB who can more consistently score points, even if it's not the QB who will score more over a season. Sanchez can definitely win games (playoff game comes to mind...), but they also had games of 0, 3, 6, and 9 points. Hence, Hoyer over Sanchez.
I dont know that i agree he can win games, but he has shown he isnt going to hand them away all the time.

Jet fans want to approach it from anything Sanchez does that is positive is proof he is a good QB, but every NFL QB does positive things, most more often than him.
Jet fans will point to things that show he is not entirely inconmpetant and use that as the argument he is good.

Until his team wins because of him, not while carrying him, those arguments are hollow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you guys serious?? This poll is truly a joke.. LOL

Hoyer by a long shot, obviously.

This isn't sarcasms from a Jets fan? I was bamboozled. i want my like back.

Yes this thread is so unbiased :rolleyes:

While we're at it why don't we throw Greg McElroy in the mix.

So you don't have an answer to my question and just want to troll tonight?

So you don't have an answer to my question and just want to troll tonight?

How am I trolling? The thread says unbiased question and basically everyone automatically picks Hoyer over Sanchez.

How am I trolling? The thread says unbiased question and basically everyone automatically picks Hoyer over Sanchez.

Let me refer you to my earlier post:

Sanchez is ahead on an unanswerable question. What's your gripe?

Ahead means that Sanchez has been chosen more often than Hoyer to this point (currently 47-31), which means that you either can't/didn't read the poll correctly and characterize it honestly, or you're just trolling. Now, I'll ask again...

Last edited:

Let me refer you to my earlier post:

Ahead means that Sanchez has been chosen more often than Hoyer to this point (currently 47-31), which means that you either can't/didn't read the poll correctly and characterize it honestly, or you're just trolling. Now, I'll ask again...

Did I say you? And I have no gripe.

There's 20,000 +members here..."basically everyone" is a bit of a stretch

if it's "everyone' you're really looking for , we can run a Brady / Sanchez vote...how about that, Dim Sum?

Last edited:

There's 20,000 +members here..."basically everyone" is a bit of a stretch

if it's "everyone' you're really looking for , we can run a Brady / Sanchez vote...how about that, Dim Sum?

The TS states that he thinks Hoyer is lightyears ahead of Sanchez.

And yes Brady is one of the best EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes