Which QB?

• Hoyer

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 102 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with many other posters. The answer is unknowable until Hoyer puts up some stats and plays in real games during something other than mop up time.

In fairness, you'd have to put Sanchez ahead of him now simply because he has earned and held an NFL starter's job for two seasons and, um, won four road playoff games.

i agree with many other posters. The answer is unknowable until Hoyer puts up some stats and plays in real games during something other than mop up time.

In fairness, you'd have to put Sanchez ahead of him now simply because he has earned and held an NFL starter's job for two seasons and, um, won four road playoff games.

Because Jets had no QB and defense travels. :p

i will say it's Sanchez right now untill Hoyer gets he's shot at leading a team and then who knows

Trent Edwards is better than Sanchez.

I'll take anyone in the East over Suckchez.

Dude... the Brady jesus is ****ign creepy.

Hoyer or Sanchez what? Sanchez is a starting QB today. Today, Hoyer is but a (possible) good backup.

Fair is fair. In this one instance the comparisons DO favor the Jets.

When their careers are done, Hoyer might well be viewed as the better QB, since Quarter-backing is mostly played between the ears. But that is a long stretch, especially with Hoyer's weaker arm.

IMHO, Sanchez may well have had his best years already, since I believe his team has peaked for this cycle; and his WR talent has declined, as well. Furthermore, a QB is only as good as the Team around him. Both are just my opinions, however and I could be, but probably am not, wrong.

The funniest part of this thread is how it says "Unbiased" in the title.

Re: Unbiased Question...

Maybe a better question is Matt Cassel vs Sanchez?

After that you can compare Cassel and Hoyer and use the transitive property, hahaha!

Or based on that 2008 preseason, we could have started a poll after Brady went on IR and asked what would you rather have, Matt Cassel as the team's starting QB, or an STD?

I'd say the results show that most of us gave an unbiased answer.

Not to me. To me, the funniest part is that people are still trying to answer the question by giving one name or the other.

this guy has been looking for an unbiased poster for over two thousand years...

diogenes.png

BTW...Diogenes...huge Pats fan

I'd say the results show that most of us gave an unbiased answer.

Oh I know don't worry, I realize most Patriots fans in this thread are being sensible and saying how ridiculous the question is.

Every team has their homer ****** fans.

Oh I know don't worry, I realize most Patriots fans in this thread are being sensible and saying how ridiculous the question is.

Every team has their homer ****** fans.

Homer doesn't equal ******. They for the most part just interpreted the (very open-ended question) in their own ways. For example, for their respective salaries, I'd give a lot of thought to taking Hoyer over Sanchez, on the grounds that I'd maybe be willing to bet on Hoyer if it meant potentially getting a starting QB for minimum salary.

Hoyer also excels at accuracy and reading defenses, which IMO are the two most important traits for NFL success at QB (and both of which Sanchez has been known to struggle at). All of that said, I still can't justify picking a guy who has never started an NFL game over someone who in his first two years has won four road playoff games. I credit Rex Ryan for putting Sanchez in an ideal position to succeed, but you still have to credit Sanchez for succeeding in that situation.

How dare you make me vote for Sanchez!!!

Who is this Hoyer guy?

I hate Sanchez but, he gets it done in the playoffs. Noway near elite but he's solid. Hoyer on the other hand has barely played. So it pretty much has to be Sanchez....

I understand what you are saying......but still, I have seen how bad sanchez can be, and my conclusion is that I would rather go with an unknown.

Sanchez in the playoffs is mostly due to the jets FO ripping half of his playbook out, and the jets offense beingo patient enough to wait for the defense to make something happen......the pats offense/jets defense gave the jets offense a short field the entire first half....2 yards of offense by the pats in the 2nd quarter was what made this game........case closed.

I also put some of the reasoning on BB and his stupid-arsed idea of benching welker for the first drive.....WTF is that? you know your QB is hurting, so you'll teach welker a lesson by taking brady's top target away for the first drive and screw with the recipe for the entire game........you coach to win the game, and that was not coaching to win the game......he could have made welker do 1000 situps or run 100 laps or whatever......but making him sit made EVERYONE pay

Take away the Pats game and Sachez still has a respectable playoff showing.

Even if he is nothing more than a caretaker QB in the playoffs, he has executed and made plays when plays were needed.

Regular season wise, I would agree with you. If the Jets D was poor and they had a sub-standard running game, they would have pulled him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents