PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase receiving threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tomasse

I doubt most of what you say. He is a second rate (generous) reporter who took a chance and lost. I will not miss him at all.

AMEN Brotha!!!! "He is a good writer".........What???? this guy shouldn't be writing for a high school newspaper.......He damn well should lose his job after creating this nightmare.........He was all proud and happy when he dropped the bomb ONLY A FEW DAYS before the SB......he was a gloating pig........Oh......now he finds out the bag held no water......all of a sudden he is a cowering, pathetic coward begging for forgiveness.......F**K him.....you reap what you sow fatboy!!

I will never buy that paper again and I bought it every day to read over lunch till this (mostly because it fits at the table better). I read his story about Walsh today online and of course he didn't have the guts to bring up what he wrote. He has no creditability. He took his shot at the big time at the expense of any journalistic integrity and since he lost he should move away and start over. I hear there may be an opening for an assistant golf pro in Hawaii. He is the Lisa Olsen of this decade.

great post........F**K TomASSHO'!!!!!!!!!!!

He will be on the Red sox beat, and I think that is what he wants.. Im sure he feels uncomfortable interviewing Bruschi, Vrabel , Light, Seymoer, and others from the 2001 team.. It will be tough for him to work in that enviorment..

But as far as his Pats beat is concerned its probably over.. But his harm to his family is a little out there..

He should be run out of town like the RAT that he is......Let him go work for the Jests and Man-gina.........seriously, he would fit in perfectly in the toilet of New York........

Re: Tomase

Dumbasse and the Herald timed their release for maximum impact. Boo-hooing because it got the kinds of strong reactions that they were looking for is just ridiculous. He should have been run out of town on a rail, along with any of the higher ups that greenlighted the article. There is no excuse for a home town paper to be the one breaking a story like this just hours ahead of the Super Bowl.

You are right.......I would expect this kind of "de-railing" story to come out of New York.......but to have your "own" newspaper create havoc only a few days before your hometown team plays the most important game of the year.......Is deploreable.....everyone who works at that piece of crap covered toilet paper...should be ASHAMED of themselves.......

Could someone please explain to me why there are so many sports writers in Boston who actually seem to have it out for the teams they cover?

While I don't think it's at all reasonable to expect every writer covering a team to be a complete homer, it seems really odd to be covering a team you actively dislike (e.g., Borges, who calls Adalius Thomas the best available FA on one website, then lambastes the Pats in the Globe for signing him the next day).

I guess Boston pays well.......Seriously in no other city that I have been to or worked in, have I seen this kind of crap......Felger......Borges.....Tomassho......All big time Pats HATERS that take every opportunity they have to attack the Pats or other NE teams......I can't figure it out.......!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

stc my man, you seem somewhat obsessed with John Boy Tomasse.
A dozen posts or so in a row?

Day 3 Ends With Tomase Still Hiding Under His Desk

Day 3 and counting.He sure must have a lot of doughnuts under there,Perhaps His Boyfriend Felger is bringing doughnuts into Him..He can run but He can't hide !

Re: Day 3 Ends With Tomase Still Hiding Under His Desk

No surprise...

What Tomase and the Herald did (let's not kid ourselves... the editors were as, or more responsible than he was - might have even pressured him to go with it) was the porting equivilent of waiting until the eve of of the Presidential election, and running a story with one, anonymous, untrustworthy, unverifiable source, completley calling into question the integrity of one of the candidates.

The Krafts MUST sue - if only to test the waters and show other media outlets that such low journalistic standards have a price.

But to threaten his life? Make statements about his family? That's crazy.

Last edited:

Things like this have a way of working themselves out. The Herald cannot let this guy go, that would be admitting guilt and Tomase can't print a retraction unless the Herald lets him.

Remember what happened to Borges and Lisa Olsen. Borges wrote the infamous "Patriots on drugs" article that got published the day after the Patriots got crushed by the Bears. He acutally sat on it until aafter the season was over, and he became persona non grata at all things Patriots. I believe he even left the paper for a few years until Kraft bought the team. Lisa Olsen ruins Zeke Mowatt's reputation, by all accounts he was a very respectful guy, and ends up in Austrailia for a few years. Seems Lisa had a reputation of hanging out by the showers waiting for the players to come out so she could get her interviews.

In both cases the scenario was carried out the same way. Both writers stayed on the Patriots beat for a while afterward, but the players wouldn't talk to either of them. Lisa Olsen even sued because she couldn't get any interviews I think. Within a couple of years they were both out of town.

John Tomase seems like he is a pretty nice guy, but he was st best sloppy with his reporting. He has damaged his papers reputation and his papers relationship with the Patriots. The papers best Patriots reporter, Mike Felger, also is so damaged at Foxboro that they had to bring in Tomase to do the beat stuff. If Tomase's family is getting threatened then the people who are doing it should be beaten to a pulp.

Tomase is on his way out. If you listened to the radio yesterday the Herald was out in full force defending Tomase against the critisism being leveled against him. Calihan started at 6:00, Tony Maz on the afternoon show was his typical pompus, self rightous self telling the world that he was only doing his job, and Felger was just over the top. Looks like Tomase is going to be reporting for the Middlesex News again, soon.
I think comparing Lisa Olson to Borges..was quite a poor one...what the Patriots did to her was disgraceful..one of the low points in club history..

I know Tomasse probably is feeling pretty low, and he is the main focus.. He wrote a bad story about our team.. The story sucks, he is not the best Boston patriot beat writer ever, and he probably went to far and did not do his homework, and was worried about his job..

But Im as die hard of a fan as anybody, and this story of spygate and how my team is portrayed is important to me, but I think he was afraid of not breaking a story, and losing his job.. We can tell him about how we feel, and how wrong he is, but he is not alone , his name is attached to the story, along with Matt Fish at Espn, Greg Easterbrook, and Arlen Specter is to blame..

I hear stories, that his family is threatened, his wife and new baby.. That is a little crazy, I would never do that, and I dont think as fans we should go that far..

He is wrong and should have checked his fact before he printed it, he should come out and say what he knew , or he made a mistake.. But let us fans not go and threaten his family, but I hope this is a lesson for him, and when he is a beat writer for the red sox, he need better creditable sources..

No way do I want anyone's family, hurt over this,everyone has a job..
And I dont think anyone else wants harm to others, we would like some justice but not harm to family and family memebers...

Of course there is no place for threats like that against anybody.......but, why is it that the Herald keeps him right where he is? They should reassign him if they are so concerned for his well being. I wonder just how true these threats really are.

Are they enjoying the free advertising?

Is TomASSee's book done yet??

I read through this thread yesteday expecting to find some sort of current reference and saw none. I assume this is based on things his peers are saying, like it's not right his family is being harassed or feeling threatened. Heard the same about poor innocent Matt Walsh a while back. I have yet to hear anyone directly indicate that Tomase has or is receiving death threats. I think this is over dramatization in hopes of garnering some support for their poor compadre, from a group who can dish it out, or unleash it, but can't take it.

I wonder if scribes feel any sense of responsibility when they publish scathing critiques or derrogatory/inflamatory commentary about players or coaches who are as a direct result harassed and heeped with abuse and probably worse in some cases including losing their jobs because the fanatics who follow them feel betrayed or incensed. I seem to remember hearing on more than one occasion that that is certainly not the media's fault...life's a biatch when the shoe is on the other foot I guess.

A *little* crazy? Try f'in insane! That's ridiculous. Being a fan of a team is one thing. That's another. I hope they find out who the cowards who did that are, and that they are punished to the full extent of the law.

BB had police guarding his house around the clock in Cleveland and his kids were threatened when he cut Bernie Kosar.

If this happened in Cleveland Tomase might be taking the dirt nap already.

After a few days, I think the Herald is waiting till after tue, and hope Tommose is doing the same to issuie a rebutal... All we as Pats fans ask of him, we as a paying customer to a product that we love so much need to know why print a story on a day before the biggest game in franchise history... I will reserve judgement till then...

many sports fans are idiots, like the cubs fans who would send death threats and racist tirades in the mail to dusty bakers office. Or when Ken Griffey Jr was first in Cincy and not playing well fans threatened the life of him and his family if he did not play better and make the team a winner. Look at the riots that start after a team wins the title, a bunch of cities have done that. There is no shortage of dumb sports fans.

BB had police guarding his house around the clock in Cleveland and his kids were threatened when he cut Bernie Kosar.

If this happened in Cleveland Tomase might be taking the dirt nap already.

That made me laugh...

Thing is whenever fanatics get wound up the media is generally behind it. Before the explosion of sports related internet sites, all information came from mediots. None of them lost a moments sleep over what they put BB through. In fact several years later when he took the job here they were sure to poison the local media against him pre-emptively. Before he ever coached a game here he was pronounced duplicitous pond scum...

Now the national media is covering their own asses by making sure to highlight the fact that the Tomase piece was what truly broke all hell loose OVER NOTHING on Superbowl Saturday. They are doing that to deflect attention away from their own agenda driven reporting in the ensuing weeks. Tough part for Tomase is, what they are now contending is also unfortunately true.

The fans will have a whipping boy in all this. Fatso is both a target of convenience and deserving of the wrath. I'm sure there is not a mediot in the nation who doesn't empathize with him, but when push comes to shove, better him than them. And at the end of the day I fully expect his employer to come to the same conclusion, however reluctantly.

Another thing to keep in mind, while the paper he works for is in fact a tabloid, there is no reason to believe they held a gun to his head to break this story. Maz said on Thursday - perhaps in defense of their sports editor - he seldom shares information about stories he is working on with his editor or collegues for the simple reason that it is a competitive environment and you risk losing what you've invested your time and effort into if others are aware of stories you are persuing. I know that John referred to "we" in describing his persuit of this story, but that may well have encompasses his belief that the sports media in general was working on the Matt Walsh/walkthrough story since September, as opposed to he and his editor...and it may well be that he was the one who convinced them that they had to run with this story because he sold them on his sourcing.

Maybe Tomase, et al, will learn that responsibility comes with what they wright. They can't just put crap in the paper and expect everyone to shrug. Obviously that doesn't extend to anyone actually taking action of any kind against him or his family but short of that I really don't care. Reporters don't get to ruin people then just act as if nothing happened.

There's actually an easy solution - leave Boston.

People make threats against coaches for honest ineptness. Of course people will make threats against Tomase.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he fabricated the majority of it.

Any part that's true is both wrongful and unsurprising.

give me a break for sympathy for Tomase Fat SOB.

What he did was wrong. He needs to stand up and apologize/Herald Apology or name his source. Lets get it going. Shed no tears for this POS.

Last edited:
Can anyone calculate the damage this toad did to the Patriots brand with his irresponsible reporting?

$$$$$$ anyone?

oh Im sorry, lets get back to loving this guy and making excuses since this fat chit ruined our SB. LEts make sure this liar is given a duck boat parade down bolyston as some here would like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back