PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase receiving threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomase has a piece up in the Sunday Globe. Basically he did a story on Drew based on the interviews he gave to Karen Guregian this week...then he reprinted the rookie cap info Mike gave us days ago, and he topped it off with some wire service crap like Borgie used to pilfer.

The only interesting thing is, someone forgot to turn his comments off on this one... I'm sure they will catch that quickly unless they have done so to lighten the load on all of their other reporters and columnists who are being inundated with anti Tomase comments. Even the AP reprints...LOL

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1093122&format=comments

Re: Tomasse

Just listened to it, and that kind of made me think a bit, that us as fans wont want that.. I do want to see some explanation, just like some people wanted explanation for spy gate, but no harm health wise..

its a game people. tomase didnt tarnish the patriots. your obsession with the man is the only thing keeping his story alive.

Can anyone calculate the damage this toad did to the Patriots brand with his irresponsible reporting?

$$$$$$ anyone?

oh Im sorry, lets get back to loving this guy and making excuses since this fat chit ruined our SB. LEts make sure this liar is given a duck boat parade down bolyston as some here would like.

see above post pal. tomase had nothing to do with the super bowl loss. do u really think rodney harrison was thinking about tomase and he watched david tyree catch that ball? how bout matt light, logan mankins, dan koppen, stephen neal/russ hochstein, and nick kaczur as they watched the giants defense run over/through them?

Re: Tomase

"Nobody should be put in physical danger because they're so classless as to undermine the local team and fans just hours before a big event." That, in a nutshell, is the standard response to these situations in the 'modern' time we live in. But let's not kid ourselves here. Had this happened back when players like Ty Cobb were around, Dumbasse would still be recovering in the hospital, and deservedly so given the spirit and temper of the time.

We live in an era where accountability is all but gone, as long as the person who screws up is following the 'correct' agenda. It's sad that Dumbasse can keep his job after essentially ruining the Super Bowl weekend of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Patriots fans before the game even started. For the sale of newspapers, Dumbasse and the Herald decided to destroy the happy feelings of an entire region at a time that should have been among the most joyous in recent history, and they did this not on an imminent and critical issue of national security, but on a matter of an alleged tape about something sports related over 5 years old.

Best post in thread. Maybe I should not have let it bother me, but it did, in a big way. When I realized it was written by a PATRIOTS beat writer, I assumed it had to be true. No way it could be a bogus story - he would be committing career suicide. How shameful for his colleagues to be circling the wagons. He deserves only scorn.

And as for the threats, I can't believe people on this forum are even responding to this charade. No one needs to say how fans go overboard blah, blah, blah. This is BS stuff meant to paint the scumbag in a sympatheitc light. A couple of kids write something silly on some forum and we're suppose to feel bad for the douchebag?

Last edited:
Day 4, Tomase Is Still Under His Desk

He must be running out of doughnuts by now.Look at Him with the powdered sugar all over his face.Hey John,can You see the elephant in the corner of the room ? It's still ther !

The only threat Tomase is worried about is that Dunkin Donuts stops making Jelly donuts. I just want him to do the decent thing and leave.

I don't condone threats of any kind, but let this be a lesson to journalists who take false scandalous acusations to print without verifying their sources.

Re: Tomasse

your obsession with the man is the only thing keeping his story alive.
If you believe that, (and I would be doubt you truly do...) but if you did, chances are you are deaf, dumb and blind..

If Tomase and his family were threatened, it is just wrong. I'm sorry, but this guy does not deserve violence against him or his family just because he wrote the Rams walkthrough piece. That is just stupid.

No real fan wants harm to come to him or his family. We just want the disgusting bag of sh-t to pack up and go. There must be a place on the National Enquirer for him and his ethics. I heard they aren't to worried about sources there.

Wrong or not, it's a fact of life. It's happened to loads of reporters. I'm sure Fattie knew the deal or he would be in a different business.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

eta: I don't want anyone to actually harm him or his family though. But dealing with threats....yeah, it happens a lot.

Last edited:
Wrong or not, it's a fact of life. It's happened to loads of reporters. I'm sure Fattie knew the deal or he would be in a different business.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

eta: I don't want anyone to actually harm him or his family though. But dealing with threats....yeah, it happens a lot.

To be perfectly clear, making a direct threat of physical harm against anyone (whether it is carried out or not) is illegal and punishable to the full extent of the law.

The courts do not give a pass just because it is not carried out.

There are, and have been, thousands of people incarcerated for making written direct threats of violence.

Last edited:
To be perfectly clear, making a direct threat of physical harm against anyone (whether it is carried out or not) is illegal and punishable to the full extent of the law.

The courts do not give a pass just because it is not carried out.

Yeah. But it doesn't stop people from doing it. You do something like Tomase did as a reporter and you know the drill, hopefully.

People do stupid things. Most prosecutors I know have had guns pulled on them, one of them on the steps of a courthouse. But as a prosecutor, he knew that this scenario was fairly likely.

Yeah. But it doesn't stop people from doing it. You do something like Tomase did as a reporter and you know the drill, hopefully.

People do stupid things. Most prosecutors I know have had guns pulled on them, one of them on the steps of a courthouse. But as a prosecutor, he knew that this scenario was fairly likely.

It doesn't stop SICK people from doing it.

......and the person pulling the gun, or writing a violent threat should ALSO know what the drill is. Anyone who does it deserves a Hanging Judge.

While no one should be threatening violence to Tomase or his family, the Herald is contributing to this. They and Tomase need to make a statement. Either they back their story, or they need to retract it. By sticking their heads in the sand and saying nothing, they are continuing the story nationally, and further infuriating Patriots Fans.

......and the person pulling the gun, or writing a violent threat should ALSO know what the drill is. Anyone who does it deserves a Hanging Judge.

so, by omission, you condone Tomassi and his blatant libels on the Patriots, which by the way ,have led to one of my kids being assaulted and verbally attacked viciously at school but you want to "hang!!!" anyone who makes a boisterous vocal threat and incarcerate THEM for years and years??? Hi,Shmessy Stalin, how's granpa?

They DO know the drill. LOL, they don't CARE.

so, by omission, you condone Tomassi and his blatant libels on the Patriots, which by the way ,have led to one of my kids being assaulted and verbally attacked viciously at school but you want to "hang!!!" anyone who makes a boisterous vocal threat and incarcerate THEM for years and years??? Hi,Shmessy Stalin, how's granpa?

Excuse me?

I have been here for the past 4 days calling for the Patriots to sue the Herald and Tomase until all they have in their wallets is enough to take the bus for 100% of their transportation needs. I originated the thread comparing how badly Bartman was hounded in Chicago with questions as to why Tomase is still writing for the Herald with no explanations as to his "source". You want to make some kind of 3rd grader's conclusion jumping that because I condemn violent threats against him and his family that I "condone" what he did???? What you wrote is beyond bizarre.

Whoever assaulted your kid should be penalized - no matter whether it was regarding the Patriots or how he ties his sneakers. Doesn't make a difference.

If you think the only way to register your anger is to threaten someone's life then God Bless ya.

And btw, to anyone over the age of 13, the term "Hanging Judge" is very commonly known as someone who will throw the book at criminals. (Translation for Joker: Not to literally throw a book. There is no death penalty in Massachusetts and no state in the Union hangs criminals).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back