PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A defense of Belichick's "bad" behavior at Press Conferences

lurker1965

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Think it through. He was a dink when winning. He is a dink now. The change is they are not winning. Your perception of it has changed
In short, he has not changed; YOU HAVE.

Grow up.

It was funny then, it is still funny. Like trying to not laugh when a toddler has a tantrum and his parents try to reason with him. Yes, if not my family, that is HIlarious

No, I'm not justifying it. Like my amusement does mean I support the toddler. And I'm not saying he is a good or bad coach. We are talking about PRESS CONFERENCES. Keep trying though, there must be a strawman I missed.

A zebra does not change it's spots. Or stripes. Or whatever the hell the cliche is. Freakin' losing sucks.

Angry Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

Belichick is doing his job, which is to provide answers to public questions in a way that gives as little information of use to his opponents as possible and under no circumstances say anything disrespectful about anyone either in the Pats organization or other organization. The primary “victims” of this approach are the media members who want the content they get for free from him and sell to their employers, handed to them on a silver platter. He does not owe them, or us fans, a detailed explanation.

A good example of this is Calvin Anderson’s illness. I’m curious about it because it seems like it has really affected his performance. However it is absolutely not necessary or even smart for him or BB, or anyone else to discuss it and none of our business to begin with.

We know what’s really going on here, they want BB to say something against Mac, O’Brien, Kraft, the league, or someone else so those lazy doofuses have something easy to do rather than providing insight.

I'm fine with his press conferences.

Seriously, **** the media...the ********s responsible for SpyGate and DefameGate becoming what they were? Yeah, **** them. I hope it burns when they pee. Belichick's treatment of the media gets a thumbs up from me.

Fact is, you can be an a-hole in press conferences when you are winning championships and start the season every year almost guaranteed to go to the AFCCG. When your team is playing like garbage and you have a lot of responsibility for it, you do not have that luxury anymore.

And now the media aren't afraid of him anymore. So they are coming at him with tougher questions and follow ups.

I never cared about Belichick's press conferences or radio interviews. Listening to them are a waste of time. He gives you nothing. But was always a bad look how he acted in those press conferences. I didn't care then and I don't now though.

BB: Coaches gotta coach better

MAC: I'll clean that up in practice

friends-phoebe-buffay.gif

Belichick is doing his job, which is to provide answers to public questions in a way that gives as little information of use to his opponents as possible and under no circumstances say anything disrespectful about anyone either in the Pats organization or other organization. The primary “victims” of this approach are the media members who want the content they get for free from him and sell to their employers, handed to them on a silver platter. He does not owe them, or us fans, a detailed explanation.

A good example of this is Calvin Anderson’s illness. I’m curious about it because it seems like it has really affected his performance. However it is absolutely not necessary or even smart for him or BB, or anyone else to discuss it and none of our business to begin with.

We know what’s really going on here, they want BB to say something against Mac, O’Brien, Kraft, the league, or someone else so those lazy doofuses have something easy to do rather than providing insight.
But Toucher and Rich must know this information now (when they're not talking about doing blow, strip clubs, etc.)! And Belichick is ruining their opportunities!!???!

Eh. Sports journalists are **** and are becoming ****tier. Their quality is reflective of the cloth from which they're cut: people who have the means to become a sports journalist, not the drive to learn every detail about sports and write about it.

Even BB lights up if a good journalist is in the room. Stop trying to drag some weird soundbyte about hating your QB out, and ask him if he believes offensive line philosophy has kept up with the evolution of the league, and particularly, what that means for incoming OL rookies into the NFL. Or some **** like that.

I expect nothing from his pressers ... the reporters need to ask the questions ...
The media breaking down the games ... their bias aside is good enough IMO.

I get a kick out of it, at times, but if I were a member of the press I'd be annoyed, at times. To those who say it's part of his job to give nothing away to potential adversaries, I would say first that a significant proportion of the matter he sneeringly refuses to discuss would be of no use whatever to an adversary. He could, that is, be significantly more forthcoming - to the press, to fans - without doing any damage whatever to the team. Second, it is entirely possible to decline to answer a question without showing sneering disregard for the person who asked it. The sneering is rude, and its asinine, and it's unnecessary.

So yeah, he's a jerk, of course. For a long time, though, he's been OUR jerk, so we have loved him. I've got a dog from Puerto Rico who's a complete jerk (He sent me to the emergency room a couple weeks ago.), but he's my jerk, so I love him. (Well, I keep him around anyway. The vet said to put him down: no chance of that.)

Maybe the real context is that for reasons unrelated to his rudeness, I'm ready for Bill to move on down the road. Then he won't be my jerk any more, and I'll be free openly to declare him annoying. It's already begun, to be honest. His postgames are pissing me off lately. Is this hypocrisy? Maybe, but a capacity for hypocrisy is essential to the proper functioning of the adult mind. Who among us who has not - honorably and appropriately - told our kid not to do something we did at the same age? Looking for human perfection? Try fiction, or delusion. "It is what...etc."

Oh, that's the dog over there to the left. You can sort of see the attitude issues in his facial expression, eh? He really does look alittle like Press Conference Bill, aside from the extravagant Caribbean hairdo.

Last edited:
Think it through. He was a dink when winning. He is a dink now. The change is they are not winning. Your perception of it has changed

Grow up.

It was funny then, it is still funny. Like trying to not laugh when a toddler has a tantrum and his parents try to reason with him. Yes, if not my family, that is HIlarious

No, I'm not justifying it. Like my amusement does mean I support the toddler. And I'm not saying he is a good or bad coach. We are talking about PRESS CONFERENCES. Keep trying though, there must be a strawman I missed.
bill has always treated fellow humans like **** in public interactions.

Grow up.

So what you are saying is he's a bad coach, right?

Grow up.

I don’t mind this take, but are people really complaining about his pressers? I haven’t been paying a ton of attention. That’s probably the last thing on the list people should be complaining about right now. #1 is his performance as a GM.

I love his press conferences and will miss them when he is gone. Since a majority of "journalists" in this country are lower than the dog **** on the bottom of my shoe, I think Belichick is a little too nice and coddling with them.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back