PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A defense of Belichick's "bad" behavior at Press Conferences

Think it through. He was a dink when winning. He is a dink now. The change is they are not winning. Your perception of it has changed
In short, he has not changed; YOU HAVE.

Grow up.

It was funny then, it is still funny. Like trying to not laugh when a toddler has a tantrum and his parents try to reason with him. Yes, if not my family, that is HIlarious

No, I'm not justifying it. Like my amusement does mean I support the toddler. And I'm not saying he is a good or bad coach. We are talking about PRESS CONFERENCES. Keep trying though, there must be a strawman I missed.
I have actually never liked his behavior in press conferences. I always thought of it as unprofessional. No reason to be that much of a jerk to people trying to do their job.

Of course that never mattered as long as we won. Now it just looks like sour grapes.

I have to say he was much better year 1 after Brady left. Not sure why.

Bill's act has always been unprofessional and childish. You can be respectful to the media and not mumble your answers without giving out too many details. His teams won in the past because they were flat out better, not because he was so sly with the media.

Bill's act has always been unprofessional and childish. You can be respectful to the media and not mumble your answers without giving out too many details. His teams won in the past because they were flat out better, not because he was so sly with the media.

We all used to think his poor behavior was about gamesmanship and gaining an advantage. Lol

Homers think his poor behavior was about gamesmanship and gaining an advantage. Lol.
I was never in that category and brought this up when I joined the board.

Also, fixed it for you above.

I was never in that category and brought this up when I joined the board.

Also, fixed it for you above.

I thought the injury disinformation campaigns had some advantage but the actual impact is overblown.

There is a belief that he did this to disable the media to prevent them from stirring the pot but I think he just does it because he hates talking to the media, not much more to it. Clearly it isn’t the media that tears apart a locker room, it’s losing.

Think it through. He was a dink when winning. He is a dink now. The change is they are not winning. Your perception of it has changed
In short, he has not changed; YOU HAVE.

Grow up.

It was funny then, it is still funny. Like trying to not laugh when a toddler has a tantrum and his parents try to reason with him. Yes, if not my family, that is HIlarious

No, I'm not justifying it. Like my amusement does mean I support the toddler. And I'm not saying he is a good or bad coach. We are talking about PRESS CONFERENCES. Keep trying though, there must be a strawman I missed.
Only idiots complain about what coach B says to the media. Best coach ever, and best coach for the dumb media.

I’ve always loved BB’s pressers. He is hilarious and should never change that aspect of his personality.

I’ve always been curious why grown adults give a crap about what a coach says after game.

I'm fine with his press conferences.

Seriously, **** the media...the ********s responsible for SpyGate and DefameGate becoming what they were? Yeah, **** them. I hope it burns when they pee. Belichick's treatment of the media gets a thumbs up from me.
Well said .. almost Shakespearian two thumbs up

I have actually never liked his behavior in press conferences. I always thought of it as unprofessional. No reason to be that much of a jerk to people trying to do their job.

Of course that never mattered as long as we won. Now it just looks like sour grapes.

I have to say he was much better year 1 after Brady left. Not sure why.
I’ve sat in meetings at work before and not shared everything. Too much information many times works against you. I’m sure many people do. After all at times it feels like a poker game. Sometimes it’s best to keep things to yourself. Billy’s job isn’t selling newspapers …

Always liked Belichick’s dealing with journalists and always will.

Belichick has open disdain for journalists, and I love that about him.

BB's pressers Post Brady.

Sleep Yawn GIF

I’ve sat in meetings at work before and not shared everything. Too much information many times works against you. I’m sure many people do. After all at times it feels like a poker game. Sometimes it’s best to keep things to yourself. Billy’s job isn’t selling newspapers …
It's not the content but the attitude. If you had his attitude at your work meetings you would probably get fired.

There is a minimum of decorum people are supposed to observe in a professional setting. He clearly has nothing but contempt for his press conferences.

The only time I felt like he tried being decent in his pressers was the Cam year.

I never really thought he was a "dink".

The press is pretty vapid in of itself. Yeah, they need to do their job....but when you have nothing...no matter how many different ways you frame your questions...you ain't getting **** about the internal workings of a professional football team. Some coaches like to open their yaps....BB doesn't.

Ask BB anything about football history and you'll get a long informative answer.

A lot of this stems from BB's Cleveland days...not one Boston media reporter liked BB when he was hired back in 2000.

BB has 8 rings....he doesn't need to answer your vapid questions.

If I recall correctlu, BB had much more open and engaging press conferences when he was at Cleveland. When they started losing, I think they pretty much convinced ownership to run him out of town. I think that's also why he's standoffish now.

It's not the content but the attitude. If you had his attitude at your work meetings you would probably get fired.

There is a minimum of decorum people are supposed to observe in a professional setting. He clearly has nothing but contempt for his press conferences.

The only time I felt like he tried being decent in his pressers was the Cam year.
I do agree to some degree on the minimum of decorum, but I’m going to venture a guess that Billy’s conversations with Mr Kraft aren’t that one sided or cold. He has and does view the media as a cancer for the most part and I totally agree with him on that. Win lose or draw the media for the most part are hyenas. It’s amazing how other parts of the country can’t fathom the sports negativity in the New England region

i think if you spend any time wondering about or worrying about, or even thinking about BB's pressers, you have been worrying about the wrong thing.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back