PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Absolutely devastated to hear that Hallie Kyed has passed

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I wasn’t exactly sure where to put this post. But I am so very sorry to hear that Hallie Kyed, lost her valiant battle against Leukemia. My deepest condolences to Doug, his wife and their entire family. Hallie was such a beautiful, strong little lady and never stopped fighting…even up to the last day apparently and had to be such a great inspiration to the other patients in the pediatric wing. I am devastated today because she seemed to be turning a corner and getting stronger….my heart goes out to the Kyed family…May God bless Hallie and may she rest in peace.

The number of childhood Leukemia deaths in Massachusetts is staggering! In School, we averaged about one kid dying from it each year. Once I moved away, and I asked around other parts of the country it is just not the case. My wife literally does not know a single person who has had leukemia, while I can name ten off the top of my head including my best friend/neighbor when I was a kid.

I can't believe that no one has studied this and found out why it keeps happening.

The number of childhood Leukemia deaths in Massachusetts is staggering! In School, we averaged about one kid dying from it each year. Once I moved away, and I asked around other parts of the country it is just not the case. My wife literally does not know a single person who has had leukemia, while I can name ten off the top of my head including my best friend/neighbor when I was a kid.

I can't believe that no one has studied this and found out why it keeps happening.

It’s very sad news, my condolences to the Kyed family.

In the first grade a classmate died of leukemia, in later years a couple more did also but that girl in first grade really affected me, she was a pretty girl and seemed healthy until one day she didn't show up for school. My heart goes out to the Kyed family for their terrible loss.

what a darling baby girl, i'm so heartbroken for them. and for her.
doug does a wonderful job showing how special she was.

I've been trying to get through one of Hallie's threads without crying but I can't. She was such a cute little girl and looked a lot like my granddaughter when she was that age (she just turned 21). And having my wife and our youngest son get diagnosed with cancer and surviving makes me feel like the luckiest man on earth, in spite of my wife's more recent problems.

This morning when my wife and I were watching Puppy Bowl she questioned how a person could prefer a cat over a dog (our sons are split on that) and that got me to comment that it bothers me very much when I read of a wealthy person passing away and leaving their fortune to their cat instead of to cancer research, especially pediatric cancer research.

Once again, God bless Hallie and her family.

Doug Kyed wrote a tribute to his daughter and recounted his family's experience during this devastating ordeal. Somehow reading this made the fact that his two year daughter died of cancer even more heart wrenching. I have to say that Doug and his wife are incredible parents who sacrificed so much for their daughter. I guess I never realized how much they sacrificed to care for Hallie. But I guess I am extremely lucky to never have to think about what needs to be done to care for a two year old child who was in the hospital for over 200 days with a life threatening disease.

It is a bit of long read, but worth it.

I wish Doug and his family all the best. I hope that they can recover from this tragedy and can return to some semblance of a normal, happy life again.

I have a 2 year old girl. The thought is so horrible that I can't even bring myself to read about it.

This was posted a while ago. But it must be horrifying as a parent to see your young child go through this. It's just not fair how people have their lives cut so short.

This was posted a while ago. But it must be horrifying as a parent to see your young child go through this. It's just not fair how people have their lives cut so short.
The article is from this morning, with Doug writing a pretty gut wrenching story of what he and his family went through. Definitely recommended reading…he did an unbelievable job.

I thought the same thing (duplicate thread) until I saw Doug’s article. And honestly, Kudos to Andrew Callahan, who it sounds like was absolutely terrific in supporting Doug during it all.

I couldn't hold my tears as I read it. Truly gut wrenching... may God give Doug and his family to overcome this loss . It's tough... no parent should go through this.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back