PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Round 1 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 1m
Wrote a couple weeks ago about Dolphins swapping cover ILBs for blitzers to come after Brady. Jordan pick keeps it going.

Except that chart was written when you could sign 1st round picks to 6 year deals. You can't do that anymore. You get 4+1 deals. And they are a lot more restrictive on the money..

People need to stop using that chart because it's worthless now.

Yup - that and the fact that everyone wanted to trade back in a draft that is pretty even in talent and overall not outstanding at the top

lions have taken ziggy ansah

For a guy who knows the OR nurses on a first name basis, no thanks...

Those bama defense guys are OUTSTANDING. I wouldn't complain.

Anyway i said before that Pats will take a WR first in the draft either with the 1st or early 2nd. My big prediction.

there's your Ansah!

(this draft just writes itself doesn't it??)

Not only did the Eagles get a starting OT, they got the back up Qb for Vick when Vick eventually gets injured this year.

I wasn't aware that Lane Johnson could also play QB. :p

So far no big surprises except for the Phins move up.
Dion Jordan oozes potential but he could also be a big bust.
If he were drafted by the Jets we'd KNOW for sure he'd be a bust. :D

Barry Sanders looks like he could still suite up. One of the few non Patriots I idolized.

Another DE for them? LOL

These guys are completely clueless. Garbage running game, garbage secondary, garbage line backers, and you draft a DE.

If you guys could pick any receiver in this draft, who would you take?

The trade value chart was already worthless in the top few slots BECAUSE of the high salaries. It might be closer to true again now.

But the real problem is that there's a huge difference depending on whether the pick is a perceived elite QB, or anything else. The Rams just auctioned the RGIII pick, with value charts out the window, and the only dispute is whether they picked the right rules for the auction.

wouldn't take any receiver in the first round.... nobody is a sure shot like a calvin johnson julio jones etc.... and look for maybe milliner to be taken here

What did he say? Lebron James in a detroit lions?

Another DE for them? LOL

These guys are completely clueless. Garbage running game, garbage secondary, garbage line backers, and you draft a DE.
I'd guess Matt Millen is back, but this guy's not a WR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back