PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Round 1 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you were wrong. He got beaten out by a UDFA, for goodness' sake. Take your own advice on things.

No, I wasn't wrong, Deus. But nice try. You can't find a post in this thread that says otherwise. I follow my own advice. Something that you don't do.

Givens and Branch are the only productive WRs the BB regime has drafted. And that was almost a decade ago. After Givens, whatever strategy we've used in trying to develop a productive WR has not worked.

*sigh* Only someone blind to reality gives no credit to Edelman or for the Welker pick-up. But, whatever. Like Brady2Moss, you've proven that you don't want to deal with reality.. That's fine.

Of topic just a bit. Can someone explain to me why Kennan Allen has dropped like a stone? Every draft book I saw had him as the top rated WR when they published them. Now he is not even talked about as the hot day 2 WR picks.

Of topic just a bit. Can someone explain to me why Kennan Allen has dropped like a stone? Every draft book I saw had him as the top rated WR when they published them. Now he is not even talked about as the hot day 2 WR picks.

From what I've seen reading around today:
4.7 40
Knee is recovering slowly
Then there was the whole failed drug test rumor that his agent denied.

No, I wasn't wrong, Deus. But nice try. You can't find a post in this thread that says otherwise. I follow my own advice. Something that you don't do.

Yes, you were wrong. Now you're just doubling down on it.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

Damn it! I would have loved to see the meltdown on Jet Insider if they picked Geno at 13.

There are a couple of things. First, his knee. He's still not 100%. Second, his ankle. Again, not 100%, but good enough to run his 40. Third, his 40 time of 4.71. Some people say that it is explained by the first two. A fourth one is that he supposedly failed a drug test.

You're looking at a guy who will probably start the season on the PUP, in all honesty.

Yes, you were wrong. Now you're just doubling down on it.

PROVE IT. Show me the post where I commented on Bequette other than he had 5 other people in front of him. OH. wait. You CAN'T because it didn't happen. So, again, how was I wrong?

Hey Rob - I could give you one reason. He's soft.

Patriots Today - Inside the draft room

If the board behind Belichick and Caserio is their big board (that's the only other reason why it would be blurred out) looks like most of their guys are still available.

This is exactly what BB wanted. It is obvious from that video that he likes the setup now. It's clear from the video that #229 was negotiated at the end as a sweetener to the Pats.

Check it out at 1:20 when he whispers to Kraft "We've got 4 picks tomorrow" then sits back and nods repeatedly. Ah, yes. :D

Last edited:
Hey Rob - I could give you one reason. He's soft.

That's the opposite of everything I have heard about him, the knocks have all been about speed and injury concerns, he's considered to be highly competitive and a guy who will fight for every ball.

If the 2nd round falls the way PFT expects it will be ideal for the Patriots, Woods, Allen, and Jesse Williams all still there at 52.

Considering that BB is the GM, not Caserio, you kind of don't have a point. Caserio is the Director of Player Personnel. Caserio was promoted to that Position on February 21, 2008. This was to start integrating him into the draft process while Pioli was still around.

2010, 2011, and 2012 and 2013 are definitively Caserio's.

2006, 2007 and 2008 were probably the 3 worst drafts in the Belichick era for actual Picks, though 2007 was arguably the worst draft in the modern era for players available in general. What was going on at that time? Well, for the 2006 draft, we know that the Scouts and position coaches had their feather's ruffled when BB over-road them to take Maroney and Jackson. Then you had all the rumors of Pioli leaving for almost 3 years, which I'm sure unsettled people. Then you had Pioli AND Dimitroff leave in 2009 and 2008, respectively. That upheavel certainly didn't help matters.

Since then, however, you can see the progression as Caserio and the changes in the scouting department got in line with Belichick and things have been better.

Pretty sure you didn't read my post, because caserio had nothing to do with what I wrote. I made pretty much the same point that you did, and somehow you're claiming I'm wrong

That's the opposite of everything I have heard about him, the knocks have all been about speed and injury concerns, he's considered to be highly competitive and a guy who will fight for every ball.

Yes - when he is on the field, he is competitive.

But, he leaves the field when he gets nicked up even a little bit. The number of snaps when he was at Cal shows that. I watch quite a bit of Pac 10 football and he is not the kind of guy that BB is going to want. That is why I label him as soft.

Same with Justin Rogers because that guy has atrocious hands.

PROVE IT. Show me the post where I commented on Bequette other than he had 5 other people in front of him. OH. wait. You CAN'T because it didn't happen. So, again, how was I wrong?

Because the 5 people weren't in front of him on day one, when there was no hard and fast depth chart. Again, since you seem to be ignoring the import.....

He was beaten out by an undrafted free agent.

And one of those people was an UDFA rookie. This is why he was clearly and indisputably a disappointment.

You can't have it both ways. If Chung wasn't a disappointment simply because he was the top safety on the depth chart for a couple of unremarkable-at-best years, then bequette has to be one for getting beat out by Francis

*sigh* Only someone blind to reality gives no credit to Edelman or for the Welker pick-up. But, whatever. Like Brady2Moss, you've proven that you don't want to deal with reality.. That's fine.

Welker was not drafted but traded for. Are you going to count Moss too since we traded for him? And Edelman? You can't be serious.

The Blitz with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Nick Caserio praises Joe Andruzzi for capturing powerful draft moment | Boston Herald

Andruzzi gave an emotional, passionate speech about the positives that must be taken out of tragedy, from the heroic efforts of the first-responders and citizens who helped the victims, to those who were injured and vowed to come back stronger, to the way the country has embraced the city in hard times. Andruzzi then held up a Patriots jersey with "Boston Strong 617" on the back.

Andruzzi was there to announce the Patriots' first-round pick as part of that ceremony, but he announced a trade instead. Pats director of player personnel Nick Caserio said the draft room was able to catch the moment on TV.

"It was neat," Caserio said. "We were sitting in there, and I think someone asked, 'Are they booing him?' because we have the feed from our people there. That was a neat moment. I don't think something like that has happened in the history of the draft. Joe is a great ambassador for this organization, for this city, in what he's done. He's made endless contributions -- forget on the football field, but just in terms of his contributions to the organization. I think this was another example of that, with the jersey and the message. I think everybody is still wary and cognizant of what had happened even in light of some of the recent developments over the last few days about the potential impact on New York. It's a very sensitive sort of subject. Joe's a great human being. He's a great ambassador for our program, and it was really a cool moment."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back