PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats-Jets post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand the play calling in OT. Maybe somebody with a better memory can help on this. Why did the Pats go pass happy and neglect to try to run the ball at all? Did the Jets stack the box? Why no swing or screen passes?

The jets have a great run defense.

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen that call. I didn't even know it existed.

Not only was it a bizarre call, but pushing a player upfield had zero effect on that play.

My only thought is that a referee's call should never dictate the outcome of a game, but this one did.

I've never seen it called either...illegal pushing into the pile. I heard Dan Deirdorf say that it's a new rule this year. Absolutely horrendous game deciding call (rule).

The thing is that I didn't even really seen him "push into the pile" much, if at all, anyway.

I'm surprised people aren't complaining about that more here, because it was just like getting robbed.

Add Arrington to that down list. He was atrocious - so bad they put cole in.

Fix this offense by firing Josh McDaniels. He's so unbelievably incompetent.

Fix this defense by making a trade or 2 happen

Half the posts in post-game threads always complain about play calling. It's hilarious. The easiest thing to criticize with minimal football knowledge from the warm confides of your couch...

Think a little deeper before posting... Although that is a lot to ask for considering the average intelligence of the posters on this board.

Re: Force the ball to Gronk much?

yut...
the brady/gronk duo would have been more productive if tom made better passes today

Improve the quality of this board by banning this **** nugget.

You really think this defense is going to be fine? LOL.

On top of that, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one FED UP with McDaniels play calling.

So those are 2 reasonable suggestions, you f@ggot.

Roses go to:

Gronkowski- Welcome back big guy. Couldn't ask much more of you given Brady's accuracy and Tom's reliance on you. 8 catches for 114 yards.

Chandler Jones - 11 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFLs, 2 QB hits. Except for the 15 yard penalty, great day.

Chris Jones- There is no way I'm going to give you grief for a penalty I haven't seen called this year on anyone, anywhere. 10 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 TFLs, 2 QB hits. Very good day Chris...keep up the good work.

McCourty - some great secondary play from the former CB saving a TD.

Ryan - Pick 6....some good secondary work.

Raspberries go to:

Tom Brady- pick 6 to kill Pat's momentum. Poor accuracy on the long ball. Two fumbles. Looking very unBrady-like today.

Cole - learn to tackle....just awful. When you get burned twice by the opposing team's QB running instead of passing that says a whole hell of a lot about you.

Offensive line (in particular Solder, Wendell, and Vollmer) - up until you decided to play in the 4th Quarter, you were truly offensive. Didn't open up the running game and played lazy in pass protection.

McDaniels - If he gets any more predictable i'm going to scream. Stop abandoning the run!

Ninkovich - Helloooooo....anybody home? One sack in 7 games? No QB hits, no sacks today....you were invisible.

Rookie receivers - Looked like rookies again today.

Dobson caught every catchable pass today and was open on some. Brady has to abandon his binkies. If you want to win the Super Bowl, you have to trust the rookies. They keep improving each darn week, especially Dobson!!!

Re: Force the ball to Gronk much?

A problem is Brady is failing massively on his deep throws. Are his receivers screwing up that badly? Throughout the season there's been many open guys downfield...you can only blame them for so long...Brady just isn't hitting them. Sucks to see.

It's gotten to the point with Brady that you can tell--with 90% certainty--if a play has a chance when the ball leaves his hand. Anything that requires a bit of arc/air under it will be an incompletion, and probably not a particularly close one.

The penalty was on Chris Jones....

I think he's referring to the Personal Foul where Chandler pushed (if it can be described as that) the Jet he'd already tackled.

I've never seen it called either...illegal pushing into the pile. I heard Dan Deirdorf say that it's a new rule this year. Absolutely horrendous game deciding call (rule).

The thing is that I didn't even really seen him "push into the pile" much, if at all, anyway.

I'm surprised people aren't complaining about that more here, because it was just like getting robbed.

We aren't Saints fans. ;)

Your NY Jets MVP
600x375

Guys, we spent the entire week making fun of the saints fans for cmplaining about the refs. Let's not turn into them.

The pats were 1 for 12 on 3rd down, you tell me who lost the game, the pats or boger?

I'm sure that there's going to be a lot of really bad posts made in this thread, so I'm just going to take a post from the game thread, modify it and add a bit at the end, and them I'm outta here so the two extreme sides can lob grenades at each other:

The Patriots defense is missing both of its NFL starting-level DTs. It's missing it's best LB, who happens to be the only LB capable of covering against the pass. It's missing its CB1, which leads to the CB3 and S2 being exposed.

The Patriots offense is missing it's best WR. It's dealing with a TE who's playing his first game of the year. It's missing it's only RB receiving weapon. It's got a pair of rookie WRs who are inconsistent, at best, and who struggle mightily against man coverage. It's got a center who is not starting quality going against an excellent pair of DTs. It's got a LT who's been struggling for much of this young season.

All this, and the team is coming off a last-second win in an emotional game, against an excellent opponent.

With that in mind, why were people posting as if they were shocked that this game was a struggle and ended in a loss?

Now, having done that, I'll just make one quick rant:

It took an offseason of incredible incompetence on the part of the "GM" to get this team to the point where the greatest offensive lineups in history have turned into this steaming turd.

Congrats Bill! You've taken the best team in the league and turned it into a mediocrity, in just one season. I sure as hell hope your changes improve by the factor of about 1000 that they'll need to in order to get this team just back to where it should have been.

It takes some real talent to turn the best third down offense into the worst third down offense in one off season. Thanks for the memories Bill.

That being said, I don't think a 5 and 2 team should be called a steaming turd, just yet. If they end up 5-11, then I'd have to agree.

This forum is unbearable after a loss.

Interior lineman on both sides of the ball blow. Brady locked on to Gronk. But most importantly:

WHY did the Pats not run the ball on the tying drive in the end if regulation? Three TOs means you can stop the clock as soon as the play is over.

Great question. I can't wait to see if anyone has an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes