PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rap: Mayo is the new HC

Trent Brown I wonder what is Mayo's dealings with him?? Why do I ask we know the feelings between BB and Brown are mutual. I would Resign Trent Brown the Draft is not Deep at Tackle. Draft some Developmental types on Day 3. Trent Brown is worlds better than those Garbage BB signed last FA. :rolleyes: A Young QB is going to need decent protection. Our Offense needs a QB - WR and TE in that order.

Blob Brown is a RIGHT Tackle-Only now... That was actually Proven the year BEFORE this past one.

...In all reality, the 15 overall that year was basically the point where the draft dried up a lot and we would have needed to trade up to get someone worthwhile. It's really not discussed enough how a meaningless win against the Jets that year negatively impacted us. We would have been in play for Micah Parsons or Rashawn Slater.

Tell that to Ring 6.

Starting Scam Newton instead of getting a full in-game eval of Stidham (& other young non-starters) with whoever was going to be starting that game even if it meant losing it by doing so.
I think Stiddy would've won that game, anyway, against 3rd overall pick Maye Darnold. It is interesting that Pats would've picked #12 and it most certainly would've been Parsons. Cam prob would've gotten the team to 10-7 and maybe 11-6 and who knows in the playoffs. We most certainly would've still been in the same crappy position this year, though, with a crappy OL.

Bill is so often criticized as being a dictator and not listening to his people. This story suggests that he did listen, even to the point of going against his better judgement at times. My impression was Bill listened, was open to being challenged, had the last word, but also had enough flexibility to recognize he might not always be right. Seems like textbook good leadership to me.

I recall the video inside the draft room when they were about to pick Corky, and remember Bill asking, to no one in particular: We all good with this?
I thought at the time that Bill was playing-up to the cameras to show his new commitment to co-operation, as opposed to expressing his doubts about him... But combine that with the video of Bill & McD shaking their heads at Corky's pro day, plus some of the gossip now circulating, and I can absolutely believe now that Bill always had reservations about him...

Former TN Vol, Former Pats player, and now HC. I don’t like the lack of experience but I’m going into this with some excitement. Need a hot shot GM and OC to support
Just like Vrabel, Mayo was a coach on the field while he played.
Very smart football player. And like Vrabel, he was one of those players that teammates said would be a HC.
I feel like he's got enough experience.

Walter Brown was absolutely the Best owner in the History of Boston-area sports.
Amazing guy.

Deservedly in the Hockey Hall of Fame, led formation of the NBA and of course founded the Celtics.

Let Red run the show.

Offered the Ice Follies and stuff like that when needed.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back