PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rap: Mayo is the new HC

Might as well give it a rip.

Don't merge. Other threads are full of conjectures and conspiracies. This is the new reality.

2WZ.gif

Does he keep BOB? I’m assuming Steve is gone.

Really thought it would be Vrabel. I really hope Mayo got this. Tough first HC job.

Well good luck but I'm not happy.

That's the problem with making promisses years ago, Kraft should've been an ass and not honoring it.

Football is a world you can't make promisses 2 or 3 years down the road, things change fast.

Good news. The decision is made, no chance of it lingering/ festering in the rumor mill.

Now we should get some clarity on the coaching staff.

And does anyone know if we get any draft compensation for hiring/promoting a minority?

Absolutely awful to not even conduct a search. Absolutely awful to hire a coach without even having a GM.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but I think we are in for a long 5-10 years.

Congrats to the anti-Belichick mafia on here: you got what you wanted; now you’re going to get what you deserve.

I wanted Vrabel and have concerns that Mayo is another Bill disciple (who have all face planted), but I’m going to put those concerns aside and be glad overall with this hire.

I hope Mayo axes Little Steven and this isn’t some handshake thing where he’s expected to emulate Bill and keep the cult alive with hiring all these retreads etc.

Hopefully Mayo had a new vision for the team and wants to bring on some new perspectives when it comes to offensive philosophy and personnel. I hope he buys into probabilities and willing to take risks on fourth down.

I don’t think the track record in the nfl for these kind of moves has been very good. Long time coach replaced by one of his assistants.
Ray Handley, Al Groh, Les Steckles, Richie Petibone come to mind. On the + side was George Seifert. Can anyone think of other examples?

Good for Mayo a lot to like about him but I can't get past the disparity in experience it could not be any larger.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back