PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rap: Mayo is the new HC

Backing one of your children/ass-istants over one of you best CBs... and The Record.
You have no idea the first part is true and how is winning games contrary to the best interests of the team.

Terrifying.

Yep... The "Patriot Way" left town after the 2109 season; attempting to replicate it without the man most responsible for it the past 4 years has been an abject Failure. Should've been time to win games with different people, not the same old same old.

Both fabricated. Plenty of rumors but no one knows what happened. And the whole Shula thing is a complete media thing. Show me one time Bills ever said anything about it.
You are fighting a losing battle. Fans were handed unprecedented success. They have no lives if their own so they identify as the fan of an incredible dynasty. When it takes a step back, that’s not up to their standards, so someone must pay. The nature of those people is “the man” must pay. They think the man is BB. Now that we’ll be trapped in mediocrity at best, soon they will turn on Kraft.

Backing one of your children/ass-istants over one of you best CBs... and The Record.
Butler did not do anything to Patricia, Stephen or Brian. He simply got sick which prompted Bill’s wrath, so Bill, bring of the soundest of minds, decided to throw a SB because he had a hair across his ass.

Butler did not do anything to Patricia, Stephen or Brian. He simply got sick which prompted Bill’s wrath, so Bill, bring of the soundest of minds, decided to throw a SB because he had a hair across his ass.
You get the clown icon for that one.

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Just think: if Mayo is successful, he potentially could coach longer than BB.

Now that we’ll be trapped in mediocrity at best, soon they will turn on Kraft.
...who is the one responsible for this, and deserves the blame.

We're supposed to be eternally grateful we're not the St. Louis Stallions, or the Hartford Patriots.

And that we won six Super Bowls dressed like a terrible USFL reject.

One of the brilliant, great things about Walter Brown was that he acknowledged right off the bat that he knew nothing about basketball.

This alone makes him one of the greatest owners ever.

...who is the one responsible for this, and deserves the blame.

We're supposed to be eternally grateful we're not the St. Louis Stallions, or the Hartford Patriots.

And that we won six Super Bowls dressed like a terrible USFL reject.

One of the brilliant, great things about Walter Brown was that he acknowledged right off the bat that he knew nothing about basketball.

This alone makes him one of the greatest owners ever.
We differ in that where the team plays and what uniform they wear is meaningless to me.

We differ in that where the team plays and what uniform they wear is meaningless to me.
The first part is more of a 'we shouldn't kiss Kraft's ass just because he ****ed Hartford over'.

I really hope this isn't true. The timing with Vrabel out seemed to line up so perfectly and now we hear that they already decided on Mayo and aren't planning to look externally for a GM? It's lunacy. I like Mayo, but wouldn't have made more sense to promote him to official DC, bring Vrabel in as the HC, and find someone who he'd agree to work with in GM/player personal decisions (I know it's reported he wanted GM power)? All the talk on the Pats not wanting to lose Mayo, are there any teams that would have actually hired him as the HC with such little experience? It seems a bit unreasonable. At least interview some candidates.
If Kraft thinks they can replicate the Patriot way and keep things the same just without Bill, this could be a long couple of years...

You get the clown icon for that one.

It might not be the correct take, but have we ever seen a situation where a coach benched the #1 player at their position without giving a reason and did not once go to him when that side of the ball was getting the brakes beaten off them in Superbowl? I can't think of a legit reason why you wouldn't at least give Butler a try in the 2nd half, he literally couldn't make it any worse if he tried. I don't care if he punched Bill's son in the face. If it was so heinous, cut the player right then and there. But if he's still on the roster and your getting your b*tt kicked in the Superbowl; win the game and deal with the player after. It just still doesn't make any sense.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back