PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats-Jets post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The penalty was on Chris Jones....

He is probably talking about the player where Chandler made the tackle and then pushed the ball carrier after the play was dead. Stupid play by him.

Re: Force the ball to Gronk much?

It's gotten to the point with Brady that you can tell--with 90% certainty--if a play has a chance when the ball leaves his hand. Anything that requires a bit of arc/air under it will be an incompletion, and probably not a particularly close one.

I'm hating the way he has been lobbing the long ball this year. It gives the defender way too much time to adjust. He's lacking assertiveness in his long throws.

You really think this defense is going to be fine? LOL.

On top of that, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one FED UP with McDaniels play calling.

So those are 2 reasonable suggestions, you f@ggot.

Suggest the trade you would make.

Tell me specifically what plays you would've called.

The easiest thing to do in life is to complain. Offer some real ****ing solutions, or just shut the **** up you 12 year old twat.

Stats that jump off the page:

Brady: 22-of-46 for 228 yards and one interception returned for TD.

Third down efficiency: 1/12 (8%)

Opponents drop 8 into coverage and Brady and coaches stubbornly insist on passing when the running game is averaging 4.5 ypc and Brady is consistently inaccurate. Really poor performances from Belichick, McDaniel, and Brady.

For the record, Belichick thinks it was a bad call. He said the rule only applies to the second level.

He thinks Jones was on the first level. I agree.

Jay Feely tweeted that you can't stack and push. The Patriots did not stack. They just pushed.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Stacking basically is a defender going behind his teammate and pushing him (normally from his butt). Whereas what we saw was both Jones and Vellano hitting their OL and then Jones getting behind Vellano and pushing.

For the record, Belichick thinks it was a bad call. He said the rule only applies to the second level.

Jay Feely tweeted that you can't stack and push. The Patriots did not stack. They just pushed.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Stacking basically is a defender going behind his teammate and pushing him (normally from his butt). Whereas what we saw was both Jones and Vellano hitting their OL and then Jones getting behind Vellano and pushing.

Hard to be on the second level when you're starting at the line of scrimmage... Strange call.

Please stop *****ing about the refs.

Our dynasty was started on the basis of a questionable judgment call.

Like I got at in another thread, I don't care if we're playing the 2011 Colts at home while they are in full Suck for Luck mode, every game is going to be a dogfight when:

- We are missing Mayo, Kelly and Wilfork
- Gronk is not playing or not up to speed
- No Talib or Dennard

So I don't see why this loss would shock anyone. We've been spoilt by the team's ability to pull out most of these games but this is a very vulnerable team in the above circumstances.

Being 5-2 at this point is not so bad given the situation. With this loss though I just don't think we can afford to lose any of the MIA/PIT/@ Car games before the Denver showdown because as is this team stands no chance in that game(however we should have Talib/Kelly back by then and Gronk/Brady should have their timing down). Thoughts on today:

- WOW at the 3rd down discrepency. That is pretty much the game there. Defensively, it's this team in a nutshell pre-Talib or a-Talib. Can't get off the field to save their lives, even on 3rd and 15+ you're not confident of getting a stop. But it's very hard to blame them without arguably their 3 most important players.
- Brady was awful today and really needs to get his **** together overall, but smh at some of the posts in here giving up on him.
- Ghost was once again clutch and rock solid on kickoffs. Allen on the other hand had a poor game. Edelman great on PR. We need a kick returner.
- Never liked these abandon the run approaches, especially when Brady is this off.

It was a 56 yd kick outside. Don't get cute. Just rush normally and allow him to miss the kick. Why allow the officials the chance to make the call?

I've never seen it called either...illegal pushing into the pile. I heard Dan Deirdorf say that it's a new rule this year. Absolutely horrendous game deciding call (rule).

The thing is that I didn't even really seen him "push into the pile" much, if at all, anyway.

I'm surprised people aren't complaining about that more here, because it was just like getting robbed.

Because we aren't saints, jets or raiders fans. It was a BS call, but bad calls happen and you just have to live with em. Shouldn't have come to tat anyway. We've benefited from just as many iffy calls as we've been screwed by.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

That's not what the rule says though:

The rule, adopted for 2013 and codified at Rule 9, Section 1, Article 3 subsection (2), states that the defensive team on a kick from scrimmage “cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation.”

Belichick disagrees with rule that gave Jets overtime field goal Mulligan | ProFootballTalk

For those keeping score at home, Gronk was targetted 17 times today and Brady had a total of 46 attempts.

I was disappointed to not see Hooman and Gronk more on the field at the same time. I imagine that would have fortified our run game more and given us some flexibility.

He was locked onto Gronk most of the day. This was not a good game by Brady or the defense by any stretch of the imagination. The WR's were getting open too but Brady wasn't throwing the ball their way. Maybe it's the drops and maybe he just felt better about the match-ups Gronk was giving him.

17% on third downs for this pathetic offense the last 3 weeks...that's the stuff of 8-8

I'm hating the way he has been lobbing the long ball this year. It gives the defender way too much time to adjust. He's lacking assertiveness in his long throws.

Gronk had two DB's beat at one point. If Brady had bombed it and let Gronk track it down we could've had a TD. Too many under throws. You can see how ugly the deep balls are thrown before it gets downfield. He also screwed up a long one to Dobson too, just like w/Amendola a week ago. TDs turned incomplete. Really frustrating.

I'm not saying Brady sucks but he just isn't playing well this season. It's worrisome seeing as we are just two players away from being basically full strength on O. Despite the drops, finding it very difficult to keep blaming the receivers for Brady's woes.

The "murderer that shall not be named" loss really hurt the patriots today.

Too bad I have better things to do than type all that out to some f@ggot on a message board. What's with you thinking I'm 12 years old? Is that what goes on in your pedophile filled mind when you're browsing the internet? 12 year old boys? You're disgusting.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to your insight.

I thought you were 12 because of the incessant profanity and blatant stupidity in the game thread and this post-game thread - which is at most expected and at least justifiable for a child. But I guess you're just a stupid full grown person. Have a good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST