PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did everybody in the media come to the consensus that Curl was worth double (and sometimes more) than what he actually accepted? Fields’ trade market is the biggest miss by the media so far, but there haven’t been a ton of other big ones. I suppose there will be no shortage of bad takes when we can look back at what is being said about the draft right now.

Day 1... 4/10
Day 2... 2/10
Day 3... 0/10
Day 4... 0/10

Overall 1/10

Day 5....why not sign a special teams player for old times sake. Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

IMG_0116.jpeg

I’m frustrated like a lot of us here that there hasn’t been a “splash” move so far, and may not be one at all in FA. However, I do really believe that overpaying just to mollify us fans is a poor strategy. If they had signed Ridley to what they offered him I wouldn’t have been thrilled, I’m not a fan of the guy, I think Tennessee overpaid him.

The guys I would have wanted them to pay top dollar to that are gone now were McKinney, Wilkins, and Hunter on defense, Schultz and Evans on offense. Of those left given where the Pats are money-wise I’d be fine with a splurge on Tryon Smith or Justin Simmons.

From my perspective this years FA class has been extremely weak. Keeping Onwenu was the best move they could have made and they got it done. I’m glad to see Bourne, Henry, Duggar, and Jennings back. I like the Gipson and Okorafor signings addressing two weak spots they had going into all this.

I love to snark here but doom and gloom sucks for something we look to as fun entertainment, an escape from the difficult realities of life. If they suck next season but have a young talented QB on board we will have much more reason to be hopeful than we had when last season ended, and even more so if we see that Mayo and the new coaching staff has been productive in developing their own draftees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft