PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Devin McCourty Fan Club Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine 2 years from now when McCourty begins his prime years as a shutdown corner and Leigh Bodden lined up across from him :eek: And Darius Butler at the nickel, if he gets his game together. That is an insane set of CB's. This defense is going to BEAST

and getting ty warren back as well on the line..our D will be a lot better next year

image.JPG

That pic is James Sanders (thought McCourty did the same celebration earlier)

they keep getting his name wrong on espn. anyway I LOVE how they did that

but if there was a pick of mccourty with that quality I`de be very happy

Aye. Thank you so much. I've been waiting all day for that.
The best part about the aeroplane is the player who is there to great McCourty after the interception. Hopefully both will be defensive stalwarts for the next decade as Patriots.

The best part about the aeroplane is the player who is there to great McCourty after the interception. Hopefully both will be defensive stalwarts for the next decade as Patriots.

this D just has so much potential... i think thats why all the fans on this board get excited sometimes... yes the stats are poor and we seem to switch off every now and then... but the youth mccourty,spikes,cunnigham, deadrick, butler, chung even mayo is only in his 3rd season.

There is just so much potential there (not to mention what ever happens in next years draft)

I remember analysts during the draft saying he had bad hands and wouldn't make the big play. Well, it looks to me like he has great hands. I think the reason he didn't make the big play at Rutgers as often is because there was no reason to test a CB of that caliber on a 2nd tier BCS team when the disparity of talent between the 1st and 2nd CB must have been huge.

I can't help but laugh at ignorant comments like this one. It's similar to comments I read on this forum this past April about McCourty being a "special teamer" It was aggrivating reading all those stupid comments but in my mind I thought "they'll know soon enough" about how good he is and sure enough his play on the field proved it.

But this comment is equally as ignorant as the special teamer comments. You do realize that the 2nd CB you are reffering to was for most of his career his twin brother Jason McCourty who is a starter for the Tennesee Titans right?

I can't help but laugh at ignorant comments like this one. It's similar to comments I read on this forum this past April about McCourty being a "special teamer" It was aggrivating reading all those stupid comments but in my mind I thought "they'll know soon enough" about how good he is and sure enough his play on the field proved it.

But this comment is equally as ignorant as the special teamer comments. You do realize that the 2nd CB you are reffering to was for most of his career his twin brother Jason McCourty who is a starter for the Tennesee Titans right?

Yeah I realized that after the comment. But Jason McCourty was a 6th rounder and is nowhere near as good as Devin. Did you see him get abused again and again by Manning last week? Additionally Jason wasn't on the team Devin's senior year...

I haven't re-watched the game but didn't recall any passes completed on McCourty. There was one where he made the tackle but he looked to be in zone. Considering Cutler only completed 4 passes in the first half, it was easy to follow.

For what it's worth, 3 tackles, 1 was a tackle for a loss, 1 PD on a third down early on to get the ball back, and a huge forced fumble that was picked up and returned by Gary Guyton.

Huge first half for the rook. Hopefully McCourty's okay and the rib injury isn't anything big.

Another big night for our DROY candidate. He was beaten on the big pass play to James Jones, but I think he would have at least made the tackle if Meriweather hadn't taken him out.

But he also had 10 tackles, second only to Mayo, 2 tackles for losses including a huge one at the goal line to hold Green Bay to a FG in the 4th quarter, 1 sack, and 1 pass defensed.

Glad he came back from the rib injury. He was a difference-maker tonight.

I'm building a man cave in my basement and I am buying a bunch of memorbilia (autgraphed shirts, photos, and helmets). The only young player's autographed pictures I have bought is McCourty. Looks like it is going to be a great investment.

He and Meriweather both had an ugly play (50/50 blame), but McCourty was pretty shutdown afterwards.

DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. Add a sack to his stats.

started a little rough but he finished great :rocker:

Devin McCourty is the ****. I fancy myself a new 32 top being added to the collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back