PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Devin McCourty Fan Club Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today during the game, I had to get up from the couch twice to go to the bathroom. Both times, McCourty got the pick.

I guess I amgoing to have to drink more before the game starts every week now.:D

Man. I don't want to think of you in the washroom every time McCourty makes a pick. :bricks:

Man. I don't want to think of you in the washroom every time McCourty makes a pick. :bricks:

LOL - Now you won't be able NOT to think of that when he picks off Sanchise next week:rocker:

McCourty is looking like our best defensive player drafted since Wilfork.

Sign me up for the DMC fan club. I have known for a while that McCourty is going to be a great player for us but man I didn't expect the kid to be making huge contributions on the defense. He is smart, fast, good hands, solid tackler. I hate to jump ahead of myself but I'm definitely saying DMC is the best corner we've had since Ty Law.

We are looking at, potentially, a lockdown corner which we have sorely missed for years since Ty. Then all we need to figure out is what to do with our other starting CB. Arrington got abused today, time to give Butler a shot?

Here's ProFootballFocus - Every game, every player, every play. Information, analysis and in-depth NFL statistics.'s comments on McCourty in the Lions game:

Rookie cornerback Devin McCourty (+2.3) had a big day with two interceptions. Perhaps more impressively, McCourty only allowed two completions the entire game for a combined 13 yards despite being thrown at seven times. Three of those attempts came against Calvin Johnson, and only one of those were complete as McCourty enhanced his reputation.

Welcome to McCourty Island!!! FYI, the fans in red here on the island are Rutgers fans from Devin's college days. I have been hereon the island for a few years already, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Enjoy your stay.

The Jets stayed away all night and when they tried...LOL

Last edited:
McCourty Island, right off the coast of Revis Island, is open for business!

does any 1 have a video of mccourty doing the stupid flying jet think after his pick?

I thought McCourty had a very good game tonight. He had perfect coverage on the INT although the pass was a gift. Sanchez barely looked in his direction because he had great coverage. He did have one really bad attempt at a tackle though.

Asante Samuel leads the league with 7 INT's

Mccourty now has 6 along with Deangelo Hall and Aquib Talib.

good stuff.

<--- new avatar

I don't know if he's done enough currently to sway the media to vote for him over Suh for DROY, but he's got my vote, and I don't feel like a homer one bit.
:rocker:

Just remember guys, he's no Kyle Wilson.

Asante Samuel leads the league with 7 INT's

Mccourty now has 6 along with Deangelo Hall and Aquib Talib.

good stuff.

The best part is McCourty managed to get his INTs without gambling and just playing smart defense. Asante is a really, really good cornerback, even top-flight, but McCourty has the makings of a god-tier long term defensive star, in the vein of Ty Law.

Placeholder gif until I can do a better one.

temp32060608946.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey