PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Devin McCourty Fan Club Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to McCourty Island!!! FYI, the fans in red here on the island are Rutgers fans from Devin's college days. I have been hereon the island for a few years already, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Enjoy your stay.

The Jets stayed away all night and when they tried...LOL

You were absolutely right on the mark about this kid. I have no idea where we'd be without him.

I thought McCourty had a very good game tonight. He had perfect coverage on the INT although the pass was a gift. Sanchez barely looked in his direction because he had great coverage. He did have one really bad attempt at a tackle though.

He was a bit late getting over on Edwards on that play and definitely missed the tackle, but he's been a really consistent tackler throughout the year. I can forgive him that one, especially after running around like a jet. :D

The best part is McCourty managed to get his INTs without gambling and just playing smart defense. Asante is a really, really good cornerback, even top-flight, but McCourty has the makings of a god-tier long term defensive star, in the vein of Ty Law.

That's one of the great things about him, he doesn't gamble or take huge risks to pad those INT stats like Asante. It's weird to think one of the knocks against him in the draft was his low INT total, which had some wondering about his ball skills. Guess that's been proven wrong.

Placeholder gif until I can do a better one.

temp32060608946.gif

:rofl: Love it, thanks. Will throw the final version in my avatar, but for now I can watch this on loop all morning :singing:

It's gotta be floated now. Is McCourty having a pro bowl calibre season?

who has the picture of him doing the airplane thing after his pic?

Nikolai did a great animated gif of it and RutgersFan posted a link to a video of it if you scroll back a bit on this thread.

He is playing great ball, and hes a rookie!

Considering how Bad our Defense is meant to be, he is holding himself down well!!!

I loved that... ESPN highlights didn't mention it once either, no matter how many times they showed it. I'm sure they all wanted a taunting penalty... although it's not really taunting. If it was the Colts, they'd institute a parodic mocking penalty... or maybe penalize the Pats for an inside-the-helmet-hit

Last edited:

I'm trying to get it as my background for my computer.

How many votes does he get for Droy at this point it's going to be close between him and Suh I think if mccorty gets 2 more picks he'll steal it away

Remember the skepticism after picking him, and even in the early part of the season.. this is one of the best picks that this team has made in a while.

Remember the skepticism after picking him, and even in the early part of the season.. this is one of the best picks that this team has made in a while.
The words from Espn the night of the draft will never be forgotten.

Patriots draft a special teams player in the 1st rd.
How wrong they are.

I think even though Mccourty has the 6 picks there maybe a guilt by association clause that stops the voting for him on the pro bowl.

anyone got a link to the latest pro bowl numbers?

The words from Espn the night of the draft will never be forgotten.

Patriots draft a special teams player in the 1st rd.
How wrong they are.

I think even though Mccourty has the 6 picks there maybe a guilt by association clause that stops the voting for him on the pro bowl.

anyone got a link to the latest pro bowl numbers?

I have had the pleasure of meeting Devin several times when he was still at Rutgers. He is humble and very intelligent. Coach Schiano used to say he was like having an extra coach on staff they way he broke down film of opponents.

man, i wish we got kyle wilson instead...NAAAT

Imagine 2 years from now when McCourty begins his prime years as a shutdown corner and Leigh Bodden lined up across from him :eek: And Darius Butler at the nickel, if he gets his game together. That is an insane set of CB's. This defense is going to BEAST

Imagine 2 years from now when McCourty begins his prime years as a shutdown corner and Leigh Bodden lined up across from him :eek: And Darius Butler at the nickel, if he gets his game together. That is an insane set of CB's. This defense is going to BEAST

With Chung and Meriweather playing safety, Mayo and Spikes at LB, Wilfork, Cunningham...not too shabby.

2 years from now do you think Bodden would be better than Butler?

I remember analysts during the draft saying he had bad hands and wouldn't make the big play. Well, it looks to me like he has great hands. I think the reason he didn't make the big play at Rutgers as often is because there was no reason to test a CB of that caliber on a 2nd tier BCS team when the disparity of talent between the 1st and 2nd CB must have been huge.

Last edited:
McCourty is my favorite Defensive player in the NFL by Far. I love all of the Pats Defensive players, Chung, Mayo, Wilfork, Cunningham... But I've been very high on this McCourty guy from early on in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back