PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The mediots going off on "The Welker Situation" thread.(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bob Ryan on Kornheiser

Brady missed Gronk by an inch this past week. Last week pass to Lloyd seemed more on Lloyd than Brady.

If I recall Brady hit a nice deep pass to Branch in the playoffs vs the Broncos that was spot on.

While I agree Brady is on the back 9, his lack of throwing the deep pass way overblown.

Blame the OL and the receivers as much as Brady.

Catching the deepball is a different skillset than catching lasers.

And Brady did ok when he last had a real deepball receiver for a target.

If arm-strength was how qbs are rated, Mallet would be starting.

Brady had a great Oline last year and he was 1/15 on long balls

I have to get off this board for a few days before I tear my hair out. It's one bad game, at the beginning of the season, against a pretty good defense, when we've had some transition on the o-line. We were 13-3 and went to the Superbowl last year people! We looked good week one people!

The idea that Brady has been bad, or has had his last few years "wasted" by a bad o-line is laughable. Let's ask Miami or Buffalo whether they would have liked those "wasted" years. He's never been a great deep ball thrower and probably never will be. Randy Moss covered that up for a while and they are trying to get Brandon Lloyd to do the same. If it doesn't work they will figure out something else, like they always do.

See you after (hopefully) a win against Baltimore when all the Chicken Littles go into hiding until the next loss.

Edit - PS - we almost won, except our punting team and FG kicker (last time I checked Brady was neither of those) let us down.

I think most of the focus this week should be on the internal problems concerning Welker and the decisions made to keep him from playing full time.

We all have seen WTF games from this offense and we will again,its time to stop talking about what or what didn't happen in the loss,but what is more concerning could be unity in the locker room with Welker and the F.O. being stupid with who they put out there to replace the best receiver over the past 5 years.

This cannot be a complete unified team right now with this controversy and will probably affect play on the field until its happy times again.

Brady also didn't have a threat on those routes outside of a hobbled Branch. Enter Brandon Lloyd.

Its a testament to the success and expectations of this football team over the last decade that one loss can start so many debates and media bs because they so rarely get a chance to kill the team or start throwing anyone under the bus.

I think most of the focus this week should be on the internal problems concerning Welker and the decisions made to keep him from playing full time.

We all have seen WTF games from this offense and we will again,its time to stop talking about what or what didn't happen in the loss,but what is more concerning could be unity in the locker room with Welker and the F.O. being stupid with who they put out there to replace the best receiver over the past 5 years.

This cannot be a complete unified team right now with this controversy and will probably affect play on the field until its happy times again.

And you know this how? Please let us in on your sources unless your just blowing smoke out your arse like just about everyone else is doing.

Its a testament to the success and expectations of this football team over the last decade that one loss can start so many debates and media bs because they so rarely get a chance to kill the team or start throwing anyone under the bus.

It's not that they lost. It's how they lost. It was foreseeable and avoidable.

Last edited:
Re: The mediots going off on "The Welker Situation" thread.

Why would you ever watch that show? Contrived debate between two *******s.

Dude, it's pretty hilarious as long as you don't take it seriously.

Re: Stephen A Smith going of on Brady

Stephen A Smith is an idiot with a microphone. You avoid idiots with a microphone.
Interesting follow up comment today given my claim about Stephen A Smith as an idiot.

Stephen A. Smith Used To Wallpaper His Cubicle With Hate Mail

I used to be a freelance sports reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer when SAS was starting to get big in mid 1990s. He had a cubicle that was covered in hate mail letters. This was before email. He had those letters all across the cubicle like hoarders meets A Perfect Mind. He took great pleasure in any racial remarks in the letters. Those were always his big trophies I [sic] liked to show off. Always thought that was kind of weird. He was a major league ass clown then and I can't imagine what he is like now...He used them like wall paper or decorations - loved to show them off

Yep, idiot. Here's a bonus article for those playing at home. Enjoy.

Stephen A. Smith Thought An Article About Him In The Onion Was Real

Earlier today, The Onion posted a rather harmless, totally fictional article entitled, "Stephen A. Smith Thinking Son Is Finally Ready For The Sex Argument." This wouldn't normally be news; but when Stephen A. Smith finds it, thinks it is a real article, and yells about it on Twitter? Yes, then it is news.

Last edited:
It's not that they lost. It's how they lost. It was foreseeable and avoidable.

No denial. Iam just saying if any other team loses 1 game and that too the 2nd game of the season , it wont be scrutinized so much about lack of playing time of welker than maybe the pats. At least thats my perception, maybe Iam wrong.

Who were those long balls being thrown to?

The scrutiny is across the board here in Beantown...all this Welker crap is equivalent to all the Elsbury crap or the Rondo crap....the sports media LIVE to stir the beanpot...always have...as far as I'm concerned, any use or misuse of Welker becomes a concern if/when it impacts the team's chances of making the playoffs...going into game three I think I give the coaching staff and BB a little breathing room, even though the media won't...

Right. It's got to be a crippling situation. Just like when Milloy was cut. They hated their coach then, and, undoubtedly, they hate him now. Like then, the season is lost.

The scrutiny is across the board here in Beantown...all this Welker crap is equivalent to all the Elsbury crap or the Rondo crap....the sports media LIVE to stir the beanpot...always have...as far as I'm concerned, any use or misuse of Welker becomes a concern if/when it impacts the team's chances of making the playoffs...going into game three I think I give the coaching staff and BB a little breathing room, even though the media won't...

Elsbury crap? Did he sign a long term deal? Rondo crap? So we weren't willing to trade him for Chris Paul last offseason?

Does the media blow things out of proportion? Yes. That said they do not report crap they over blow actual situations. Are you in good faith suggesting that no situation is taking place currently in Foxboro?

Elsbury crap? Did he sign a long term deal? Rondo crap? So we weren't willing to trade him for Chris Paul last offseason?

Does the media blow things out of proportion? Yes. That said they do not report crap they over blow actual situations. Are you in good faith suggesting that no situation is taking place currently in Foxboro?
Define a "situation."

Right. It's got to be a crippling situation. Just like when Milloy was cut. They hated their coach then, and, undoubtedly, they hate him now. Like then, the season is lost.

Your comparison is ******ed

Makes no sense to this situation...Wes wasn't cut but he is our best receiver...you don't mess with your top player,you keep him on the field where he wants to be and he almost always produces instead of playing games with a receiver that is lucky to be a 4th WR on most teams.

Try again....:rolleyes:

Your comparison is ******ed

Makes no sense to this situation...Wes wasn't cut but he is our best receiver...you don't mess with your top player,you keep him on the field where he wants to be and he almost always produces instead of playing games with a receiver that is lucky to be a 4th WR on most teams.

Try again....:rolleyes:
You might try again using an adjective other than "******ed." Well-done. Oh, and "rolleyes" is a cute touch, as well.

Last edited:
I'm changing my season prediction from 12-4 to 15-1.

Ridiculous media *****fests like this always seem to be followed by a crapload of Patriot wins.

It's not just the mediots, so those trying to spin it that way need to try another approach:

If fans were surprised to see that Julian Edelman was starting over Wes Welker against the Cardinals on Sunday, they weren't the only ones. Even Welker didn't know if he was starting going into New England's first series.

"I really wasn't positive even leading up to the first series," he told WEEI on Monday. "I wasn't sure what was going to happen..."

Welker didn't know if he would start going into first series

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes