PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The mediots going off on "The Welker Situation" thread.(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bob Ryan on Kornheiser

Bob Ryan knows an awful lot about NBA basketball.

Other sports?

Not so much.

A win on Sunday against the Ravens will force all the mediots over to the "kill Joe Flacco" bus. Hopefully the Pats can pull off the win. I fully expect us to be 2 TD underdogs by kick-off time, because the Ravens' 1 point loss was so much "better" than our 2 point loss.

I actually believe this part. Brady seems to never connect on those deep throws anymore even when the receivers are open.

Can't stand the senile, old idiot Ryan, but I can't disagree with him. Brady has been ***** on the deep balls and when he is facing pressure.

Brady didn't play well in Week 2. But even the Brady of 2007 didn't have a good game behind porous O-Line play the one time that he had to play behind it. What justification did Ryan use in his assertion that Brady has been worst in the NFL on passes 30 yards or more? Because he looked pretty accurate last year and the throw to Gronk in Week 2 hit Gronk in the hands.

Let's just put it this way- at the end of the day, there are more than a handful of posters on this board who study the Pats far more closely than Colin Cowherd, Boomer Esiason, and Stephen A. Smith do. The consensus among people who watch how the Patriots handle personnel situations year in and year out is that Belichick is not a petty guy. When Mankins reported weeks after calling out Belichick and Kraft, he played. Why? Because he made the team better. When Asante refused to sign with the Pats long-term, and signed the franchise tag only on the condition that he'd be gone after that season, he started the whole season. When Moss said that everyone knows that the Pats don't pay their players, he didn't see the bench because of it. When Seymour and Wilfork were stuck in their own drawn-out, kind-of-ugly contract stalemates, they didn't stop playing.

There's a whole ton of track record stating, conclusively, that under Belichick, the best players play. When you put all of that track records against unfounded, sensationalist speculation, you'd have to be an idiot to conclude that it's the latter at work. End of story. If there is a discipline issue at work here, then it's virtually guaranteed that it's not directly contract-related.

Very well said!

And dont let anyone forget when they are playing amateur mind-reader in regards to Belichick being spiteful, stubborn and holding grudges to the detriment of winning games.

... he re-hired McDaniels..

The same argument was made during and after the 2006 season. When Brady has good deep threats he hits them as well as anyone, when he doesn't the results are different. Lloyd will clearly help as long as he stays on the field. The analysis is really myopic.

I missed what this has to do with Kornheiser?

Maybe in the last couple of years,

our group of wide receivers has been sub-par in gaining the necessary separation and having the necessary skills /elite athletic ability to make a pass of 30 yards or more into a low percentage play, as opposed to a very low percentage play?

Maybe also the sample size is sufficiently small to be skewed by the brilliance of Randy Moss, and in the opposite direction by a recent string of drops of deep passes that hit the receivers right in the hands, in stride?

Last edited:

Who has Brady had to throw it to down field? And how was Brady rattled when the guy freaking nearly lead his team to a comeback? I would be paranoid though if I knew my Oline was sucking though...

Seems to me Ryan is on to something. Brady simply does not connect with people that often after 30 yards. Think about it, when is the last time you have seen one of the long passes work? 99% they don't.

Brady is still a good QB obviously but between being 35 and dealing with an offensive line who cannot protect him it looks like Brady is starting to lose it. Cannot blame him though. It is tougher dealing with getting hit at 35 than 25. He has happy feet out there, he is getting rattled because it looks to me like he is just waiting to get hit from his blind side. At age 35 he needs to be protected more than ever and it sucks that this is the worst offensive line in years. Cannot believe I would be missing Matt Light right now.

They are obviously not happy with Welker either. He dropped a game winning catch that cost the team the superbowl, and he did not go along with the "patriot way" by taking less money to play here, he dropped some passes last week as well so they are phasing him out of the offense. I have no idea if they are doing this to cost Welker future money either meaning if his stats are bad this year teams will not offer him top dollar.

Last edited:

why GOD why

tumblr_kpjqx32Ea11qzczc7o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan throwing gasoline on his keyboard again. Nothing he writes is selling anymore so he digs deep down to stir the fires that be.

Fact is Brady is not the deep ball Qb and I can name probably name 5 that actually are. Name me 5 qbs that can throw it better under 30 yards better than Brady and you'll win a prize. 0-30 yd throws make up over 95% of allow passes in the nfl each game.(guessing)

Name me 5 qbs that step up, shift in the pocket, recognize blitzes and coverage better than Brady Mr Ryan.

You are an idiot Mr Ryan. We are all just a little more stupid after reading your garbage. May God have mercy on your soul.')

Last edited:

07 brady was great at the deep ball..but he did have randy moss

Last edited:

He hasn't been elite or even good, but I wouldn't call him the worst.

I hope you're talking about Bob Ryan and not Tom Brady...

My wife and I cringe and yell in unison "OH NOES" everytime he throws deep. It really is a shame to watch the greatest QB that ever played, have some of his final years wasted by a horrible oline.

Blame the OL and the receivers as much as Brady.

Catching the deepball is a different skillset than catching lasers.

And Brady did ok when he last had a real deepball receiver for a target.

If arm-strength was how qbs are rated, Mallet would be starting.

My wife and I cringe and yell in unison "OH NOES" everytime he throws deep. It really is a shame to watch the greatest QB that ever played, have some of his final years wasted by a horrible oline.

It does suck. Hopefully this off season or draft they can restock the oline next year. The O will be the same again except for welker. So they will still be great next year as well

If arm-strength was how qbs are rated, Mallet would be starting.

yes, If arm-strength was how qbs are rated, Jamarcus Russell would be a pro bowler. Didn't he throw 70 yard darts from a knee? Means next to nothing.

I have to get off this board for a few days before I tear my hair out. It's one bad game, at the beginning of the season, against a pretty good defense, when we've had some transition on the o-line. We were 13-3 and went to the Superbowl last year people! We looked good week one people!

The idea that Brady has been bad, or has had his last few years "wasted" by a bad o-line is laughable. Let's ask Miami or Buffalo whether they would have liked those "wasted" years. He's never been a great deep ball thrower and probably never will be. Randy Moss covered that up for a while and they are trying to get Brandon Lloyd to do the same. If it doesn't work they will figure out something else, like they always do.

See you after (hopefully) a win against Baltimore when all the Chicken Littles go into hiding until the next loss.

Edit - PS - we almost won, except our punting team and FG kicker (last time I checked Brady was neither of those) let us down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back