PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets suck (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been watching, Sanchez and the offense played very well in the first game and playing the first half, last week the offense played about a quarter, didn't do much and the defense and ST's dominated. What is the issue?

I guess if I were a Patriot fan that had to sit through that pathetic display in the 3rd preason game, a dress rehearsal before the season, against the Rams no less, I'd probably want to talk about the Jets instead too.

The Jets offense was overrated in the first game vs. the Giants. Sanchez went 8 for 8 for one TD vs. the Giants' second string and 5 for 9 with one pick and and one TD (and that TD was a gift because the Giants screwed up the formation and didn't even have defender line up on the left side of the field where Brad Smith was) against their first string.

here it comes . RAISE THE GATES

We've been watching, Sanchez and the offense played very well in the first game and playing the first half, last week the offense played about a quarter, didn't do much and the defense and ST's dominated. What is the issue?

I guess if I were a Patriot fan that had to sit through that pathetic display in the 3rd preason game, a dress rehearsal before the season, against the Rams no less, I'd probably want to talk about the Jets instead too.

5-10

12 yards....BUAHAHAHAA

Your franchise is a joke and so are you. 42 years of sucking and counting.

The Jets offense was overrated in the first game vs. the Giants. Sanchez went 8 for 8 for one TD vs. the Giants' second string and 5 for 9 with one pick and and one TD (and that TD was a gift because the Giants screwed up the formation and didn't even have defender line up on the left side of the field where Brad Smith was) against their first string.

Ahh right, there's the spin.

The TD was a gift, but nevermind the 80 yd drive to get to the 2 yd line?

Whatever you Pat homers need to spin to yourself to make yourself feel better.

Pats couldn't stop the Rams first and second teamers, and the offense didn't do squat against the Ram first string. I can play that game too!

What is the issue?

Issue? There is no issue here. The Green Beans suck as an organization and as human beans. Their owner is a slime ball, their coach is an insecure flatulent water buffalo who can't keep his mouth shut, and half the players are criminals/social morons/trash-talking egotists with delusions of grandeur. That's it in a nutshell. Like I said, no issue at all.

The Jets need their own green mascot...sorta like a whacked out green Daffy Duck type character that all these lime colored Joisey mooks can identify with....something like....THIS....

795605-green_loontern___duck_dodgers_super.jpg

Duck Dodgers...aka the Green Loontern

Joker, just for you I made a little modification:

jetduckasSmartObject-1asSmartObject-1.png

2009 was brutal, as the homers who hadn't accepted reality were still insisting that the team was great and the front office was all but infallible, and they ganged up on anyone who put forth even the mildest of criticisms. For the first time since I started reading this site, the Chicken Littles were usually more sane than the blind homers.

There it is. You're description of the 2009 fans now describes my message board. I can't fathom how some people, media and fans, are talking about us like they are. I don't care about the colts lying down for us that game. I think we had a chance of winning it. But Sanchez was awful at times last year. We needed 3 teams to lose in one day and they all did (what are the odds). We went through an awful stretch of losing last season. And people think after getting rid of our #1 rusher, that we're going to do better? It's insane. I mean can we, absolutely, if all the new acquisitions work out. But let's put some games in the bag before we start talking playoffs, never mind SB. This year, I can see why some Jets fans might annoy the heck out of other teams fans. I get it. But I promise you, the real Jets fans, the ones who have suffered through years (decades) of mediocrity, know better than to beat the media drum.

Issue? There is no issue here. The Green Beans suck as an organization and as human beans. Their owner is a slime ball, their coach is an insecure flatulent water buffalo who can't keep his mouth shut, and half the players are criminals/social morons/trash-talking egotists with delusions of grandeur. That's it in a nutshell. Like I said, no issue at all.

I figured it out. You copy and paste.

Last edited:
There it is. You're description of the 2009 fans now describes my message board. I can't fathom how some people, media and fans, are talking about us like they are. I don't care about the colts lying down for us that game. I think we had a chance of winning it. But Sanchez was awful at times last year. We needed 3 teams to lose in one day and they all did (what are the odds). We went through an awful stretch of losing last season. And people think after getting rid of our #1 rusher, that we're going to do better? It's insane. I mean can we, absolutely, if all the new acquisitions work out. But let's put some games in the bag before we start talking playoffs, never mind SB. This year, I can see why some Jets fans might annoy the heck out of other teams fans. I get it. But I promise you, the real Jets fans, the ones who have suffered through years (decades) of mediocrity, know better than to beat the media drum.

Yes there is always a chance, but I think its safe to say the jets had about
.01% chance of winning that game.

Ahh right, there's the spin.

The TD was a gift, but nevermind the 80 yd drive to get to the 2 yd line?

Whatever you Pat homers need to spin to yourself to make yourself feel better.

Pats couldn't stop the Rams first and second teamers, and the offense didn't do squat against the Ram first string. I can play that game too!

The TD was most certainly a gift. Doesn't mean they wouldn't have scored, but it was clearly a gift.

Besides, my point was the Jets offense was inconsistent. They faced the Giants' #1s on three drives. One was a pick on the second play. One had a three and out (although the drive started in field goal range). One was a nice drive.

As for the Pats offense last night, they scored vs. the Rams' ones.

Overall it is preseason and you can't draw too much from it, but people are overrating the Jets' offense performance in the first game.

Last edited:

And it's been that way ever since Woody arrived and it won't change any time soon. That was what Bill tried to tell Eric...
Here's a couple of graphs from Wickersham's story, describing how GM Mike Tannenbaum and owner Woody Johnson pushed for the trade:

"In August, 2008, the Packers were trying to trade Favre. Mangini didn't want him. He considered Favre a hired gun, and he wanted to develop Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff. But Tannenbaum and Jets owner Woody Johnson expressed interest in Favre, while also vowing that Mangini's job was safe, no matter what. And with Favre on the verge of accepting a trade to Tampa, the coach's competitiveness took over.

"'I wanted to win,' he says. So he scheduled a five-minute phone call with Favre for the next morning, then went home and read Hello, He Lied, a book that talks about successfully pitching movies to studio execs in only a few minutes. Mangini developed his selling points: The Jets were better than the Bucs, and New Jersey's hunting and fishing scene was better than Tampa's. Favre, seduced, ended up chatting for an hour ..."

Wickerstam goes on to recount the Jets' collapse, adding, "The one thing Mangini couldn't do was bench a future Hall of Famer for whom he had mortgaged the season. The night he was fired, the coach sat on his couch, thinking, You sold yourself out."

He also made the classic mistake of overvaluing JAGS who were his guys and traded valuable picks back to the team who lied to him in the process of building himself a locker room core in Cleveland that didn't save his ass there, either. Holmgren may keep the neutered version of mangenius around if things play out this season. If not he is again the whipping boy. Dealing with a hired gunslinger again, too, but at least this time Holmgren is around and he may be able to mitigate that just enough as he did back in the day with Favre. Jake is less willful though than overly excitable...

Mangini finally comes clean on Favre - Jets Blog - ESPN New York

The one consistent on Woody's watch has been everyone from HC's to players gets lied to because there is no long term plan nor the stomach for one. It's win now or I'll shift gears and do whatever I have to to keep my franchise relevant in the NY media market.

I as a Jets fan have a hypothetical question for all the readers of this message board:

If you were the Minnesota Vikings, would you do a one-for-one swap Darrelle Revis for Jared Allen?

Basically I'm asking would you have an elite CB or an elite DE?

I as a Jets fan have a hypothetical question for all the readers of this message board:

If you were the Minnesota Vikings, would you do a one-for-one swap Darrelle Revis for Jared Allen?

Where do you see Jared Allen fitting into your scheme? :confused:

everything else being equal? (money, contract)

you take the elite DE because with a strong pass rush you can have a weaker secondary overall.

Having a great corner doesn't prevent the checkdowns that go fo 12-15 for a first while a stong DE rushes the QB into bad choices (I.E Sanchez)

So..... I see this thread is still humming along nicely. :)

you take the elite DE because with a strong pass rush you can have a weaker secondary overall.

Having a great corner doesn't prevent the checkdowns that go fo 12-15 for a first while a stong DE rushes the QB into bad choices (I.E Sanchez)
The best pass rusher in the league might, possibly, maybe impact 1 out of every 8-10 pass attempts. A corner as the 1st or 2nd option on at least 1/2 of the pass plays.

Jets play tonight...the debacle continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back